New iPhone 3G-S

Saint in Paradise

Annoyingly, they're not offering the same free upgrades that they did between the 2G and 3G models, over here. There is a new operating system for the 3G which addresses a great deal of the differences though but we're stuck with that ****ty camera.

Yes very annoyed with O2 on that one. Plus the price is £180+ a 18 month contract (At least). Sorry O2 and Apple it looks like the uptake will be slow. Expecially when the only extra features that are hardware only are a 3mp camera with video, speech dialing and a magnometer.

Well i will be at the O2 shop in Eastleigh Friday morning at 9 to get the wife one. I have been very impressed with my iPhone 3g, i can even live with the camera (which if you are in a well lit area is absolutely fine, took some great pics in Vegas).

Sure it has some quirks but what camera doesn't.

At least they have addressed the camera/video & MMS issues.

Col.

(No Ess didn't pay me to post this ;o)

Is exactly my feeling too. Mine is 16gb which is more than enough, sp basically I would be upgrading for battery life, and I charge my phone each day already so that's not an issue.

The new software update is said to improve battery life too, btw.

Does anyone know what this In-App purchase feature is that's coming with OS 3.0? I was going to purchase the F1 Timing app but it said "Please note: this app will be part of the In App purchase for the forthcoming OS 3.0 on the 17th June".. I don't want to pay for something I can get for a different price on wednesday :D

Ok, scrub that, a bit more research shows it's a bad thing potentially as it means apps are no longer 1 off purchases and will require further staged payments to update them or, as in the case of the F1 app, keep it relevant to the current race. They do give the British GP as part of the initial price, and the software looks amazing, but £5 for one race is too much, especially when you can get the info for free if you just surf the F1 sites with Safari.