Big Ron Davies Update

TijuanaTim

Hey there everyone, thanks for all the words and offers of support toward Ron while is was in Southampton the last couple of weeks.

For those that I did not see, here goes. (Oh...and anyone not to sure of Ron, he is the man who's image is the first one of the six above. He was the only away player to score 4 competitive goals at OT in one game).

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=9024836154390592659&q=ron+davies

I have had Ron's first (as he may need both) hip replacement op organised. Originally he was going to a decent surgeon that was giving him a date way out in the future and there were cost issues also.

Steph (my girlfriend) with her expertise in medical field management, helped me locate one of the West's best orthopedic facility/surgeons and I sent Ron for a consultation. Subsequently Ron will now be operated on (next) Tuesday September 3rd, so keep your fingers crossed. Ron is in very good hands, post op we will have him recover in the facility for a period before returning home.

Also we have seen Ron's current living conditions improve somewhat having seen him move. Force of circumstance had him in a pretty seedy area, he is now in much improved location and situation with his lovely wife Chris. He can now have some of his friends as neighbours once more.

We will probably follow the same process we have established to have Ron's second (his right) hip replaced also.

Ron was every bit as significant to our survival during our first flirtation with the top flight as our chosen son MLT was more recently. When he was a kid he trained in heavy army boots to give him better 'leaping' abilty, a method that obviously worked. However along with that and the constant brutal treatment he recieved year - in - year - out from the likes of Chopper Harris, BitesYerLegs Hunter, George Curtis, Dave Mackay etc etc that is a large contributory factor to his current plight. So it is admirable all of you that have helped the man.

Ron is upbeat, pretty happy and contented despite his constant pain and discomfort and he is extremely, I mean extremely appreciate of the love, consideration and help sent by his beloved Saints family (you guys!!)

If we do some recognition/testimonial event for him in the future I am really grateful to all of you that have offered to attend or support such an event for one of our most valuable and loved Saints!!

Thanks for that, TT. As I keep hold of the coffers for www.giveittoron.co.uk , and receive the statements each month, I can expect a big hole to suddenly appear in the finances - and for a very good cause. If I haven't mentioned it before, thanks for stepping in and doing your part. And of course, very many thanks to your partner Stephanie.

Keep us informed.

Very pleased to hear the Good news and well done to you and your good lady.

Please contact me now or in the future as I would like to make a contribution ie Testimonial etc.

True legend and I was a supporter from the day he arrived at the Dell. Great player and great man and your not so bad Tim.

Very pleased to hear the Good news and well done to you and your good lady.

Please contact me now or in the future as I would like to make a contribution ie Testimonial etc.

True legend and I was a supporter from the day he arrived at the Dell. Great player and great man and your not so bad Tim.

If you want to make a contribution, any amount would be appreciated. The club still take cheques on behalf of the Give It To Ron appeal.

www.giveittoron.co.uk

No apologies for yet another plug. ;)

If you want to make a contribution, any amount would be appreciated. The club still take cheques on behalf of the Give It To Ron appeal.

www.giveittoron.co.uk

No apologies for yet another plug. ;)

Its on its way very soon. Sorry I did not do this before. Deep down I had a dream that he came back and played for us, on crutches and still out jumped

everyone and scored 3.

Maybe Pekhart could be the next Ron.

Its on its way very soon. Sorry I did not do this before. Deep down I had a dream that he came back and played for us, on crutches and still out jumped

everyone and scored 3.

Maybe Pekhart could be the next Ron.

If the lad is half as good as Ron, I'll settle for that! Keep going Ron. You are the reason I support this wonderful club. I was on a narrow boat on the Grand Union Canal when we heard on the radio that we'd signed you from Norwich and my mate and I leapt into the water in a state of ecstacy. We knew how good you were! I'll never forget the 6-2 thrashing of Chelsea at Stamford Bridge and spoke to Peter Osgood about it shortly before he tragically died. He's certainly got you, Big Ron, down as the greatest centre forward of all time, and I think anyone who was fortunate enough to witness the games in which you played couldn't fail to agree. All the best, Big Ron!

If the lad is half as good as Ron, I'll settle for that! Keep going Ron. You are the reason I support this wonderful club. I was on a narrow boat on the Grand Union Canal when we heard on the radio that we'd signed you from Norwich and my mate and I leapt into the water in a state of ecstacy. We knew how good you were! I'll never forget the 6-2 thrashing of Chelsea at Stamford Bridge and spoke to Peter Osgood about it shortly before he tragically died. He's certainly got you, Big Ron, down as the greatest centre forward of all time, and I think anyone who was fortunate enough to witness the games in which you played couldn't fail to agree. All the best, Big Ron!

Spot on..!

Here's a direct quote taken from the book - Match Of The Millennium, Game no. 62.

That was brilliant..! Like Rimmer [against ManU 4-1] he stayed on his line. Thanks Bonetti. Whoosh..! - Ron Davies.

I broke my leg. My first game back was against Southampton, at home and we lost 6-2. I scored two goals, but Ron Davies scored four..! Great player, wasn't he..? Ron wasn't the biggest centre forward, but he just used to hang up in the air there. He'd get up there about five minutes before the ball was coming and say "Just stick it there and I'll knock it in for you" Unbelievable..! - Peter Osgood.

Spot on..!

Here's a direct quote taken from the book - Match Of The Millennium, Game no. 62.

That was brilliant..! Like Rimmer [against ManU 4-1] he stayed on his line. Thanks Bonetti. Whoosh..! - Ron Davies.

I broke my leg. My first game back was against Southampton, at home and we lost 6-2. I scored two goals, but Ron Davies scored four..! Great player, wasn't he..? Ron wasn't the biggest centre forward, but he just used to hang up in the air there. He'd get up there about five minutes before the ball was coming and say "Just stick it there and I'll knock it in for you" Unbelievable..! - Peter Osgood.

Thanks for that St L. It was an unbelievable day. We stumbled upon the team at Waterloo Station on the way back and they were all kind of hiding behind newspapers. I remember talking to Martin Chivers who scored the 'other' two, one of which was the most amazing bicycle kick you'll ever see. I told him, "that was the most amazing goal I've ever seen," and his typically modest response was, "Yeh, I score the difficult ones but can't seem to score the easy ones!" Great days!

Happy memories from that video clip. John Sydenham was a great left winger and I can recall him running down the cinder track at the Dell when the pitch got too heavy.

And Ron Davies was a truly magnificent centre forward and the best scorer of headed goals I have ever seen.

Best wishes to Ron and his family.

Hey there everyone, thanks for all the words and offers of support toward Ron while is was in Southampton the last couple of weeks.

For those that I did not see, here goes. (Oh...and anyone not to sure of Ron, he is the man who's image is the first one of the six above. He was the only away player to score 4 competitive goals at OT in one game).

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=9024836154390592659&q=ron+davies

I have had Ron's first (as he may need both) hip replacement op organised. Originally he was going to a decent surgeon that was giving him a date way out in the future and there were cost issues also.

Steph (my girlfriend) with her expertise in medical field management, helped me locate one of the West's best orthopedic facility/surgeons and I sent Ron for a consultation. Subsequently Ron will now be operated on (next) Tuesday September 3rd, so keep your fingers crossed. Ron is in very good hands, post op we will have him recover in the facility for a period before returning home.

Also we have seen Ron's current living conditions improve somewhat having seen him move. Force of circumstance had him in a pretty seedy area, he is now in much improved location and situation with his lovely wife Chris. He can now have some of his friends as neighbours once more.

We will probably follow the same process we have established to have Ron's second (his right) hip replaced also.

Ron was every bit as significant to our survival during our first flirtation with the top flight as our chosen son MLT was more recently. When he was a kid he trained in heavy army boots to give him better 'leaping' abilty, a method that obviously worked. However along with that and the constant brutal treatment he recieved year - in - year - out from the likes of Chopper Harris, BitesYerLegs Hunter, George Curtis, Dave Mackay etc etc that is a large contributory factor to his current plight. So it is admirable all of you that have helped the man.

Ron is upbeat, pretty happy and contented despite his constant pain and discomfort and he is extremely, I mean extremely appreciate of the love, consideration and help sent by his beloved Saints family (you guys!!)

If we do some recognition/testimonial event for him in the future I am really grateful to all of you that have offered to attend or support such an event for one of our most valuable and loved Saints!!

yeah, times were hard on the body in those days, i note that john sydenham has had two hip replacements!