Laptop running like a dog.

Pancake

Not sure as its the missus laptop so I hardly ever use it. I takes for ever and a day to start up and opening IE (she wont use FF etc) is such a chore you could probably make a cup of tea, drink it and wait for it to pass before being able to surf.

Not sure as its the missus laptop so I hardly ever use it. I takes for ever and a day to start up and opening IE (she wont use FF etc) is such a chore you could probably make a cup of tea, drink it and wait for it to pass before being able to surf.

More ram should help, how old is it - the computer, not Mrs Pancake :D

Pancake, install the new RAM, save the important data, her Favourites, .PSTs, etc... and format the drive. Then reinstall the OS and programs. A very close inspection of the software would probably reveal something is cluttering up the system, but it could take you minutes or hours, or you may never find it. If you're keen, inspect away. If not...

Malwarebytes run - clean

Adaware run - a few tracking cookies

Disc cleaned and defragged

RAM should in be tonight.

Better work as I cant afford a new lappy at the mo.

Al - probably, I hadnt even thought of that. Will have a look and see if it can help.

Have you checked the event log Pancake? Make sure that the hard drive is not running in PIO mode. You could also try runing Seagate SeaTools or similar to make sure the hard drive is not fecked.

Have you checked the event log Pancake? Make sure that the hard drive is not running in PIO mode. You could also try runing Seagate SeaTools or similar to make sure the hard drive is not fecked.

what he said ^^

ive had hard drives crash on me before, loosing tones of data (****ing annoying!). Youve got all the symptoms, could be one step away from a head crash. Back up that data! ;)

registry cleaners sicken me

I tend to agree but this program is very very good. Try it you might like it. (Of course if you had a Mac then you would never suffer from regestry issues, missing dll's and all the other associated crap that comes with Windows).

I downloaded it and ran it and it looked dangerous as it wanted to delete so much stuff.

I decided that as I am a rank computer novice and coward coupled with the fact that I didn't

understand it I deleted the download instead. :D

I mainly just deletes all the crap associated with the things it selects. But I can understand if you have reservations if your not 100%. But if anyone else wants to give it a go and see how you feel about it.