Upgrade XBOX360 Hard drive

thesaint sfc

I've got an XBOX 360 with a 20GB hard drive in. I've removed the hard drive from the XBOX 360 enclosure and its a 20GB Seagate SATA. I've tried ghosting it to a 250GB SATA hard drive - but ghost says the 20GB XBOX drive is empty. I've also tried acronis which says it is unallocated - so can't clone the disk. Has anyone managed to upgrade their XBOX 360 hard drive?

Indeed my friend - you can do that. Unfortunately micro-ripeverybodyoft don't allow you to save your games or anything like that to the PC. What you can do now is put your game in the xbox and burn a copy of it to the hard drive so that in future you don't have to put the game in and you don't have to turn the TV sound up to cover the noisy CD drive. Sadly when you burn a copy of the game to the hard drive it takes up 6GBish which doesn't leave you much space - especially when you already have other saved games and things on there. After a bit more research it appears its quite a bit more complicated than I initially thought. You've got to have a hard drive with certain firmware on for the xbox to recognise it. Seems that it only recognises a hard drive upto 120GB also. W*nkers. With the PS3 its just a ghost jobby as I first thought.