Rasiak Out With Broken Shoulder

Gemmel

I for one wish Gregorz well, and dont understand some underlying smirking/schadenfreude with which I can imagine this news being received.

He scored a bucketload of goals for us in the play-off season, and rescued the play-off itself. He's a great goalscorer, and our squad was enriched by his presence (even if certain managers can or couldnt see it). If he hadnt been (still) inexplciably dropped, our play-off season may have had a more successful outcome.

I dont give a monkey's chuff about his perceived work-rate; Brazillian players dont have high work-rates, nor did MLT. For me, he could transform a game, and every team needs one of those. Who else did we have after Bale lost form and left ?

If he has played his last game for us, I am sorry to see him go, and I would never take pleasure at him being injured.

It's all to do with his job and nothing else. When he is home he gets to as many games as possible.

No ,I meant that he probably gets to see a few non saints games,either by going to grounds or on TV, I always try to get to local matches when I'm working away.

See Saga will be in the shop window (don't know how many games he's getting though) in the CL. If he could just nick one against Utd we could get 15 million for him.

If it's 6 weeks then he may be back in time to face us although he won't have any match fitness so i doubt he would play anyway which is good news.

I've never been able to understand the constant bashing of Rasiak on this forum, he scored goals & and virtually got us in the play offs single handedly, without them we'd have been miles away. And like Alpine said had he not been misteriously dropped half way through the season we may have done even better than to squeeze in the top 6 on the last day.

No forget that, lets have Brett Omerod back who will run his socks off all day but not actually put the ball in the net.

Just as you were wrong about Burley Saintwarwick,you are laughable in your opinion that a strikers performance can only be viewed against the goals he scored,and not also the negative effect on team play that a lazy striker with poor movement can have.

A certain Alf Ramsey recognised that it was beneficial to overall team play to leave Jimmy Greaves out of the team.

This is called intelligent assessment,a concept that i know you are not familiar with,as again seen in your support for Burley.

Just as you were wrong about Burley Saintwarwick,you are laughable in your opinion that a strikers performance can only be viewed against the goals he scored,and not also the negative effect on team play that a lazy striker with poor movement can have.

A certain Alf Ramsey recognised that it was beneficial to overall team play to leave Jimmy Greaves out of the team.

This is called intelligent assessment,a concept that i know you are not familiar with,as again seen in your support for Burley.

I think the point you and several others are missing is that Rasiak isn't nescessarily a detriment to the first team.

As SW pointed out, in the playoff season Rasiak was in the team fairly regularly. At the same time Jones got 15, BWP got 11, Saga got 10 in 12 starts, 3 midfielders got 4 and a handful of other players chipped in with the odd goal or two.

Far more team goals than any other season I can remember in recent history. In our first season in CCC we had Jones, Ormerod, Pahars and Fuller up front. Plenty of energy there and we couldn't find the net on a fishing boat.

There is no question Arizona,that 2 seasons ago Greg did the business.

He was in a team that was much better than last seasons.

Last season he did nothing in a much poorer team,which amply demonstrates his style of play requires things to be set up on a plate for him.If they are not,then he is a liability to the team.

IMO,the way we are playing now requires our Strikers to play a way alien to Rasiak,whereby a hell of a lot of good work done in midfield would be wasted because of his style of play(or lack of).That is why myself and others contend that his inclusion in the team would be detrimental.

JP obviously agrees as he has kept John and got rid of Rasiak,and i do not feel that anyone can question JPs judgement at the moment.

There is no question Arizona,that 2 seasons ago Greg did the business.

He was in a team that was much better than last seasons.

Last season he did nothing in a much poorer team,which amply demonstrates his style of play requires things to be set up on a plate for him.If they are not,then he is a liability to the team.

IMO,the way we are playing now requires our Strikers to play a way alien to Rasiak,whereby a hell of a lot of good work done in midfield would be wasted because of his style of play(or lack of).That is why myself and others contend that his inclusion in the team would be detrimental.

JP obviously agrees as he has kept John and got rid of Rasiak,and i do not feel that anyone can question JPs judgement at the moment.

I don't think Rasiak was that bad last season. 8 goals in 16 starts and 10 sub appearances. If you take 3 sub appearances (ie. 30 minutes) as one start, that's 8 in 19, which is getting on for a goal every other game.

His build up play was no worse than any other player either. After Rasiak and Skacel left at the end of January, other than John, only 3 more goals were scored from open play for the remainder of the season.

Your statement about JP at the end reminds me of the Americans in WW2 saying, "we will win because God is on our side." To say Poortvliet is on your side is somewhat misguided. I don't think it was Poortvliets decision to keep John ahead of Rasiak at all. More the fact that we got an offer for Rasiak and there is no way we could refuse it, whereas we haven't yet received an acceptable offer for John.