Blackpool predictions.

bjk

Hammill scored a great goal for Dunfermline against Celtic once.

I sawed it on da Utoob.

Might as well have scored for Sholing Sports against Fairey Marine, it's about the same level, apart from Celtic, the rest is Mickey Mouse,viz Ranger's Champions League outing by some factory team or other.

I think many are getting ahead of themselves. This will be a really tough game against a team of battlers. ANyone who thinks it will be easy will be doing Blackpool a major disservice.....just like Derby fans and Brum fans did about us.

Whatever happens the crowd must not get on the teams back....we won't win every game and there will be games where we do not play well.

Too much ****iness is a bad thing (confidence is good but cokiness bites you on the bum). There were signs on Tuesday that some of the lads were getting a bit too ****y and this is all part of the learning curve for them.

I'd be pleased with a 1-0 win.

I think many are getting ahead of themselves. This will be a really tough game against a team of battlers. ANyone who thinks it will be easy will be doing Blackpool a major disservice.....just like Derby fans and Brum fans did about us.

Whatever happens the crowd must not get on the teams back....we won't win every game and there will be games where we do not play well.

Too much ****iness is a bad thing (confidence is good but cokiness bites you on the bum). There were signs on Tuesday that some of the lads were getting a bit too ****y and this is all part of the learning curve for them.

I'd be pleased with a 1-0 win.

It's going to be a different type of game. I expect this to be our first game where the opposition sits back and defends, rather than all the other open games we have played. It's going to be interesting how we deal with this sort of team and Blackpool are not that bad in this respect. Can see John coming in for this game, possibly Pekhart at some stage because of the different type of problem Blackpool will pose.

The one small point that is concerning me is that the players themselves are determining whether they play or not. In many ways a good sign, but these lads would be sticking their hands up even if totally knackered. I thought against Birmingham in the league that we showed the effects of Exeter in the second half, just hope we have enough gas in the tank. But winning takes far less out of you than losing and we do have the international break for a good recovery.

It's going to be a different type of game. I expect this to be our first game where the opposition sits back and defends, rather than all the other open games we have played. It's going to be interesting how we deal with this sort of team and Blackpool are not that bad in this respect. Can see John coming in for this game, possibly Pekhart at some stage because of the different type of problem Blackpool will pose.

The one small point that is concerning me is that the players themselves are determining whether they play or not. In many ways a good sign, but these lads would be sticking their hands up even if totally knackered. I thought against Birmingham in the league that we showed the effects of Exeter in the second half, just hope we have enough gas in the tank. But winning takes far less out of you than losing and we do have the international break for a good recovery.

These guys haven't exactly had a tough schedule of late so any excuse of fatigue from any player is pathetic and shows they haven't been working hard enough on fitness. These are all young guys so should be able to recover easily for playing a game every 3 days or so, injuries excluded.

Saints 0 Blackpool 1

If only because I predicted a defeat to Derby and would like to keep my losing streak going.

This will be a tough game. If we've learnt anything from the championship it's that any side can beat any other side. I expect Blackpool will defend much more than anyone we've faced and there won't be as much space for our passing game. We'll lose the ball a bit more than usual and the players will get a bit frustrated with themselves.

I don't actually believe that last paragraph but I know it's the realistic thing to say. I actually think we'll outpass a pedestrian Blackpool side that is left chasing shadows for the entire 90 minutes. At some point in the game Garry Birtles will say, 'If this was a boxing match the Blackpool corner would have chucked the towel in after that third goal'. Pekhart will score with his very first touch, Schneiderlin will score a great freekick and Lallana will finish a sweeping move reminicent of that Argentina goal in the World Cup. Naturally I can't tell you any of that in case I jinx it though.

Yep, a one nil defeat for me.

With a little threesome with Paris Hilton and Kylie Minogue at half-time as well?

If we win 5-0, I fully expect those particular ladies to turn up on my doorstep and demand some loving. They'll be disappointed though, my missus wouldn't allow it.