Romain Gasmi

pedg

I think it sounds like Gasmi is on his way.

Found the following on this Innernet forum http://www.racingstub.com/page.php?page=forumThread&msg=603587, which I have translated.

Gasmi discute avec Southampton

Comme indiqué dans notre édition d’hier, Romain Gasmi est, lui, sur le point de s’engager à Southampton (D 2 anglaise) en prêt avec option d’achat (Ndlr : autour d’1 million d’euros). Ce mardi, le milieu du RCS, sous contrat jusqu’en 2010, a passé avec succès la visite médicale, même s’il souffre depuis quinze jours d’une fracture du 5e métatarse du pied gauche et sera encore indisponible six semaines. « J’ai discuté avec le président et l’entraîneur. Ils veulent me recruter. Mais je préfère ne pas m’enflammer et me dire que je suis déjà à Southampton. J’attends que les deux clubs se mettent d’accord. Moi, je ne suis pas exigeant : je veux juste me faire prêter et avoir une chance de jouer. Je reste à Southampton jusqu’à jeudi après-midi. Ensuite, je rentre à Strasbourg. Je ne signerai rien avant la fin de semaine, parce que je me suis déplacé en Angleterre sans mon agent. J’avoue avoir été surpris de l’intérêt de Southampton alors que je suis blessé, mais je suis ravi. »

Gasmi in discussions with Southampton

As mentioned in yesterday’s edition, Romain Gasmi is on the brink of joining Southampton (2nd division in England) on loan with an option to buy (ED: believed to be about 1 million Euros). The Strasbourg midfielder, contracted until 2010 successfully passed a medical this Tuesday, even though he has been suffering from a fractured 5th metatarsal of the left foot for the last 15 days, and will be out of action for a further 6 weeks. “I’ve talked to the Chairman and the Manager and they both want to sign me, but I don’t want to get carried away and say I’m already a Southampton player, I’d prefer to wait until the 2 clubs have agreed everything. I’m not making any demands, I just want to go out on loan and have the chance to play. I’m staying at Southampton until Thursday afternoon. Then, I will return to Strasbourg. I won’t sign anything before the weekend because I came to England without my agent. I was surprised by the interest from Southampton given that I’m injured, but I’m really delighted.”

Also interesting on there that the fans seem to think he has a lot of potential and are slightly unhappy that he's leaving, but it seems he may be a bit of a "hothead" and that he may have fallen out with the coach.

Let's just hope not too many other clubs get wind of this before he signs for us!

It's hard to say whether this would be a good signing or not, but it does sound promising.

Another youngster with a point to prove can't be a bad thing if recent form is anything to go by.

If he's as good as Schneiderlin then we'll be laughing!

Fingers crossed this spells the end for Euell and Skacel too.

It would be a good move for Saints if we could get them off the wage bill.

If he's as good as Schneiderlin then we will have a ridiculously good midfield five. It's already so much better than last seasons shambles of a midfield. Someone to give competition to Lallana can only be a good thing, will be good to give him a rest when needed and someone to keep him on his toes in training.

Hopefully we will find someone to take Euell, Skacel and BWP off our hands before the end of the window.

If he's as good as Schneiderlin then we will have a ridiculously good midfield five. It's already so much better than last seasons shambles of a midfield. Someone to give competition to Lallana can only be a good thing, will be good to give him a rest when needed and someone to keep him on his toes in training.

Hopefully we will find someone to take Euell, Skacel and BWP off our hands before the end of the window.

Hope Pulis isn't the one addition Jan wanted and there's room for this guy as well. Play in different positions so may be possible if we can shift one of the above.

again with the power of google translate

http://www.ouest-france.fr/actu/actu_sport_FluxRSS.php?idArticle=261892&indexFlux=2

Southampton: Gasmi (RCS) loan

The attacker Strasbourg Romain Gasmi has been loaned to English club Southampton Division One.

Romain Gasmi will find Morgan Schneiderlin, his former partner training centre in Strasbourg, on the side of England. Gasmi has been loaned for a season, with option to purchase the club from English second division Southampton.

Gasmi, 21 years, has not played this season in L2.

(having said that looks like it may have come from the french version of football365 so not sure how accurate it is)

Its on the official strasbourg site.

http://www.rcstrasbourg.fr/actu1_det.php?art=5210&rub=1

or translated....

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=http://www.rcstrasbourg.fr/&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=4&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3DStrasbourg%2Bfootball%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1B3GGGL_enGB225GB226%26sa%3DG

The Racing and the English club Southampton have concluded this Friday afternoon, the loan of one season with an option to purchase Romain Gasmi.

Edited by pedg

http://www.ouest-france.fr/actu/actu_sport_FluxRSS.php?idArticle=261892&indexFlux=2

The attacker Strasbourg Romain Gasmi has been loaned to English club Southampton Division One.

Romain Gasmi will find Morgan Schneiderlin, his former partner training centre in Strasbourg, on the side of England. Gasmi has been loaned for a season, with option to purchase the club from English second division Southampton.

(having said that looks like it may have come from the french version of football365 so not sure how accurate it is)

What is going on?

Not a SINGLE post that we are signing an injury prone nobody with a bad attitude who can't get a regular place in a French 2nd division outfit?

:-)

If things carry on at this rate in finding these French youngsters, it could well be that letting Georges Prost retire back to France and unearth these "gems" could have been the best thing that ever happened to Saints.

Now all we need to make a great weekend would be confirmation of him signing, 3 points and a performance on telly and a taxi for Euell, Skacel & BWP...

But then we're Southampton so we know everything always goes wrong.......

GOOD GRIEF. Just spotted this

WE HAVE BEEN TAKEN OVER.

An end to all the takeover threads, the deal is done, young Gasmi has the option to buy us at the end of the season.

I assume this means that the deal allows Gasmi to buy the Football side of the business out from SLH.

GOOD GRIEF. Just spotted this

WE HAVE BEEN TAKEN OVER.

An end to all the takeover threads, the deal is done, young Gasmi has the option to buy us at the end of the season.

I assume this means that the deal allows Gasmi to buy the Football side of the business out from SLH.

Now, that is funny!!!!! ;-)

What is going on?

Not a SINGLE post that we are signing an injury prone nobody with a bad attitude who can't get a regular place in a French 2nd division outfit?

:-)

If things carry on at this rate in finding these French youngsters, it could well be that letting Georges Prost retire back to France and unearth these "gems" could have been the best thing that ever happened to Saints.

Now all we need to make a great weekend would be confirmation of him signing, 3 points and a performance on telly and a taxi for Euell, Skacel & BWP...

But then we're Southampton so we know everything always goes wrong.......

After watching Schneiderin, most fans will be delirious for anything with a French connection after that. Stick a baguette up front and I fully expect the fans to have it down as favourite for first scorer.

After watching Schneiderin, most fans will be delirious for anything with a French connection after that. Stick a baguette up front and I fully expect the fans to have it down as favourite for first scorer.

Reckon we had a few up front in our time who would have been embarrassed by the pace and movement seen in a baguette........

Spiderman is young and learning the game let alone the English game. At times he does look class and a player you could not do without. Other times he is totally out of the game and has to be used accordingly. Down to JP but there will be times when Wotton or even James in his natural position will have to be the call. Trust me James is a very good central middle player trying to do Saints a favour at full back.

and if gisme is good then more in the poy and don't forget we have the mighty Pulis coming at xmas time.

From the official RC Strasbourg site. (excuse the dodgy Google translate)

"The Racing and the English club Southampton have concluded this Friday afternoon, the loan of one season with an option to purchase Romain Gasmi.

The young offensive environment formed Club joins the ranks of the formation of Saints, led by Jan Poortvliet and resident of the Division One (L2 french).

Currently in convalescence (5th metatarsus fracture), Romain Gasmi remain a few more weeks to Strasbourg to treat his injury, before finally flying to Britain.

At Southampton, he found a former resident of the Centre de Formation et de la maison Racing. Morgan Schneiderlin, transferred this summer, is an indisputable holder in the eleven of the Saints. "

So looks like he'll be with us in a few weeks then...

Why on earth would we want to sign another crocked player? I thought we had got rid of them.

The medical staff have a lot of spare time now that Killer is not there anymore 24/7. ;)

But lets hope he can add something, doesn anyone know exactely what position he plays? I'm starting to wonder if he's been signed as the new right winger. JP seems to prefer White of Dyer, BWP, etc. and although White might be a good prospect he's still very very green, even in our squad.

The medical staff have a lot of spare time now that Killer is not there anymore 24/7. ;)

But lets hope he can add something, doesn anyone know exactely what position he plays? I'm starting to wonder if he's been signed as the new right winger. JP seems to prefer White of Dyer, BWP, etc. and although White might be a good prospect he's still very very green, even in our squad.

Thomson is a star on the right and is our future let us not throw our objective

away to-day. We seem to be buying in more and more which seems to defeat the statement we have no money and that is why supposedly Manager Pearson went and players like Davies (who was happy to stay until shown the door)

None of this makes sense now.

From the official RC Strasbourg site. (excuse the dodgy Google translate)

"The Racing and the English club Southampton have concluded this Friday afternoon, the loan of one season with an option to purchase Romain Gasmi.

The young offensive environment formed Club joins the ranks of the formation of Saints, led by Jan Poortvliet and resident of the Division One (L2 french).

Currently in convalescence (5th metatarsus fracture), Romain Gasmi remain a few more weeks to Strasbourg to treat his injury, before finally flying to Britain.

At Southampton, he found a former resident of the Centre de Formation et de la maison Racing. Morgan Schneiderlin, transferred this summer, is an indisputable holder in the eleven of the Saints. "

So looks like he'll be with us in a few weeks then...

Shame the official SFC website can't report this news.

Gasmi isn't a winger, he's a playmaker,a number 10, a midfield general,

call it what you will. He's got some sort of foot injury,don't expect him anywhere near a game (other than in the stands) for another few weeks,like 5.

There's one post here that is worrying, the one that says that his exclusion from the squad at RCS is for

disciplinary reasons, that some of his acts,if tolerated, would open the door to all sorts of excesses

.http://www.infosracing.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7864&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=10

Right I've read through the whole thread there and it seems that according to that fans forum (often more ITK than UK fans) Gasmi's loan wilml be effective from the end of September with an option at 1 million Euros plus 15%

of and add on value to go to RSC if he moves on for a transfer fee.

Edited by Window Cleaner

I seem to recall that in previous transfer windows that loaning players extended beyond the deadline for permanent transfers. If this is the case perhaps Saints are waiting for confirmation that the injury has healed (or is healing as planned) before confirming the loan deal.

Can anyone confirm whether loan signings extend beyond today or is my old memory playing tricks ?

There's one post here that is worrying, the one that says that his exclusion from the squad at RCS is for

disciplinary reasons, that some of his acts,if tolerated, would open the door to all sorts of excesses

.http://www.infosracing.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7864&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=10

Schneiderlin supposedly had 'attitude' problems there too - which were nothing more than wanting to play. Gasmi, if it happens, appears to be a loan with an option to buy. He appears to be a very good player, but if we have any problems we can just send him back.

I seem to recall that in previous transfer windows that loaning players extended beyond the deadline for permanent transfers. If this is the case perhaps Saints are waiting for confirmation that the injury has healed (or is healing as planned) before confirming the loan deal.

Can anyone confirm whether loan signings extend beyond today or is my old memory playing tricks ?

Loans window doesnt close until the end of September (I think).

Schneiderlin supposedly had 'attitude' problems there too - which were nothing more than wanting to play. Gasmi, if it happens, appears to be a loan with an option to buy. He appears to be a very good player, but if we have any problems we can just send him back.

But this is Furlan again, remember him, he kicked Saga out at Troyes apparently.Seems that the "crime" attributed to Gasmi was going out to a restaurant with his mum and dad to celebrate his birthday on the eve of a match.That was a while ago apparently, whether there's been some other incident I couldn't say.

But this is Furlan again, remember him, he kicked Saga out at Troyes apparently.Seems that the "crime" attributed to Gasmi was going out to a restaurant with his mum and dad to celebrate his birthday on the eve of a match.That was a while ago apparently, whether there's been some other incident I couldn't say.

Sure - I'm not saying he's a trouble maker. Lots of people have jobs where they dont 'fit' but do very well elsewhere.

The Echo says we may sign something (at the end of the article saying Rudi is likely to be off) depending on who we can shift today. Presumably the deal is done in principle to bring in Gasmi (hence the announcement on Strasbourg's site) and we're just waiting to get rid and free up some wages before we confirm it.

Gasmi in Southampton

Romain Gasmi has been officially loaned to Southampton for a year with an option to purchase approximately 1.5 million. The player, however, continues his convalescence in Strasbourg until the end of September.

Just found this on a French site - doesn't add much new to what's been said above other than he'll be staying in Strasbourg until his injury has healed, which is maybe why we've not made an announcement?