Were the realists realistic?

NickG

But to say we'd support his ideas if he became an murder, it's not a surreal example it's a completely daft one. Supporting his ideals regarding running a football club, yes. I haven't got a clue what else he does. I'm not a Lowe fan-boy. Couldn't give a sh1t about what he does in the city etc. I just like the way he runs our club. Simple really.

In that case Bloop I wouldn't class you as a luvvie but someone who believes in something and supports it where credit is due. Not that we should be trying to pigeon-hole fans anyway. There are some however, who would support him regardless of what he did and it's these people with a strangely slanted view of their Messiah that seem to get people's backs up.

He's done some very good things for the Club and some which are not so good but to blindly believe everything he touches turns to gold is not reality.

I guess you don't read the forum too much if you think Scooby is the only one. Plenty more can be added but that's hardly the point I was making. How about Sunny D for starters. There are others of course....

Almost certainly another troll but a more subtle one that scooby (its like good cop bad cop). I suspect though that if you ask him if he still would support Lowe if he became as axe murderer he would say no. Maybe he will say so himself?? So beyond those two who else do you think fills your spec for being a lowe lovie?

I'm sorry Prof but I strongly disagree with this comment and submit a prime, if not extreme example, of Scooby. As was mentioned by someone earlier this week it is not that the majority are anti-Lowe but they do object to getting pro-Lowe comments rammed down their throats at every opportunity. It is this aspect which appears to keep the 'divide' ongoing.

Nickh offered a definition of 'Lowe-Luvie' on a thread recently. However whilst I agree with some of what he wrote, in my humble opinion, a Lowe-luvie (I hate that description) is not someone who see's the good in what Lowe is doing (I think the majority would agree he is doing some very good things for the Club, albeit by necessity rather than choice) but the bloody-mindedness of some who will support him and would continue to support his ideas if he became an axe-wielding murderer. A surreal example I grant you but you get my drift.

I myself am seen as very pro Lowe but I have never defended his decision to try and bring back GH. Stupidly I still do not regret my stance against him,even though we are now in a lower league.

If RL had suceeded in bringing him back I was going to hand my s/t back.Whether i would have been able to never go and watch Saints again is hard to tell.No doubt the pull of the club would be too much and Id return.I recall at the time that RL was going to install GH just before the Pompey game and if we had beaten them many of us would warm to him again..

Iam very loyal until I am let down and so I suspect I would be a rabid anti RL now if he had employed GH.

That is how I see it, whether I would have made such a sacrifice and just shrugged my shoulders and got on with I really wouldnt be aqble to say for sure.

So beyond those two who else do you think fills your spec for being a lowe lovie?

Pedg I have no intention in entering a debate relating to specifics on who is and who isn't a 'lowe-luvie'. Bear in mind this is not a phrase I coined or condone and certainly not one I have 'spec'd'. The point I was trying to make, and this is my last comment on the matter, is that reasonable people will take on board the facts in hand and make a balanced judgement as they see fit. Some, however, will insist in ramming biased opinion down your throat irrespective of the evidence which can be contrary to their argument. This is where I feel much of the ill-feeling is generated.

Pedg I have no intention in entering a debate relating to specifics on who is and who isn't a 'lowe-luvie'. Bear in mind this is not a phrase I coined or condone and certainly not one I have 'spec'd'. The point I was trying to make, and this is my last comment on the matter, is that reasonable people will take on board the facts in hand and make a balanced judgement as they see fit. Some, however, will insist in ramming biased opinion down your throat irrespective of the evidence which can be contrary to their argument. This is where I feel much of the ill-feeling is generated.

And I am trying to point out that most of the people doing the ramming of bias prolowe opinions are trolls who's only aim on this forum is to generate the ill feeling you mentioned and in terms of normal posters on this forum there are none that meet your description despite you claiming 'There are others of course'.

...... There are some however, who would support him (Lowe) regardless of what he did and it's these people with a strangely slanted view of their Messiah that seem to get people's backs up. He's done some very good things for the Club and some which are not so good but to blindly believe everything he touches turns to gold is not reality.

I dispute absolutely, that being opposed to anti-Lowe rhetoric and actions, is the same as being 'pro-Lowe'. It is probably true that one attitude does encourage response from the other, but a bit like John Cleese in the Faulty Towers episode on The Germans and the war, its not always clear who started it!

And I am trying to point out that most of the people doing the ramming of bias prolowe opinions are trolls who's only aim on this forum is to generate the ill feeling you mentioned and in terms of normal posters on this forum there are none that meet your description despite you claiming 'There are others of course'.

You asked Greenridge to name names of the so called Lowe Luvvies and you say that "most" of those ramming the pro Lowe bias are trolls. The word "most" infers quite a few people, so to put things the either way around, perhaps you could suggest who you have in mind as the trolls. Scooby without doubt. Who else? And these trolls take this action to stir up discontent? To what end?

You asked Greenridge to name names of the so called Lowe Luvvies and you say that "most" of those ramming the pro Lowe bias are trolls. The word "most" infers quite a few people, so to put things the either way around, perhaps you could suggest who you have in mind as the trolls. Scooby without doubt. Who else? And these trolls take this action to stir up discontent? To what end?

Scooby is definitely a troll. You only have to look at sundance winding up Daren W to see that he is almost certainly a troll as well (though a cleverer one than scooby). Besides that until Greenridge says who he thinks all these lowe lovies are I can't really say if they are trolls or not. All obviously IMO which is why I tend to put in lots of maybe's and most's as I would not want to come over implying any absolute knowledge (except for scooby who definitely IS a troll).

Edited by pedg

. The word "most" infers quite a few people, so to put things the either way around, perhaps you could suggest who you have in mind as the trolls.

You're a complete anti-Lowe troll for a start. You troll the crap out of anything to do with Lowe or the board and it's sad, boring and pretty damn immature at the end of the day. I wish you would take a draught from the mug of "Shut the f*** up" to be honest.

You're a complete anti-Lowe troll for a start. You troll the crap out of anything to do with Lowe or the board and it's sad, boring and pretty damn immature at the end of the day. I wish you would take a draught from the mug of "Shut the f*** up" to be honest.

That told me, didn't it? My oh my. I'm quaking in my boots. I admit that I'm very anti Lowe and have been since the morally bankrupt events of the reverse takeover. But I have also said many times that I wish that the whole lot of them would sell up and leave the running of our club to others.

If what I write bothers you so much, perhaps you would do your blood pressure some good by ignoring it, or better still read up the meaning of "troll". Invariably I am responding to provocative posts by trolls rather than starting them. What is sad is that on an internet forum the stock reply to anything that is disagreeable is to say that it is b*llocks, or some other insult. But still, that is far easier than having to think of a intelligent and reasoned reply, isn't it?

Pedg responded to my question in an adult and mature manner. Shame that you are not capable of the same.

Personally I would have liked to see Pearson working alongside JP.

But with the above, us in the middle ground, like to hear both sides of the debate.

The red and white Army rant never appears to be aimed at the other side of this reasoned debate.

None deserves to be told to shut up.

OK I will.

as another thread centres on Lowe...

my point was those claiming to be "realistic" were not. They were pessimistic.

those criticised for being "unrealistic" and happy clappy were not. They were optimistic.

Who knows who we will do -no one.

But we are looking better than last season when we stayed up so hopefully the relegated by Christmas posts -and there were quite a few - will be very wide of the mark.

Enjoy the ride....

those criticised for being "unrealistic" and happy clappy were not. They were optimistic.

But we are looking better than last season when we stayed up so hopefully the relegated by Christmas posts -and there were quite a few - will be very wide of the mark.

Enjoy the ride....

People who are optimistic tend to admit to it. People who are pessimistic are more likely not to admit it so hide behind the term realist.

Confusingly at the moment I am optimistic about tomorrow but past experience has shown that that may not be good so I am pessimistic because of my optimism!

People who are optimistic tend to admit to it. People who are pessimistic are more likely not to admit it so hide behind the term realist.

Confusingly at the moment I am optimistic about tomorrow but past experience has shown that that may not be good so I am pessimistic because of my optimism!

I think you are now making a good job of taking the ****, about time somebody did.

Be interesting to hear your definition of struggling nick because we have lost 3 of 4 and JP has now lost as many as NP did in his entire spell here (13 games). And if memory is right you were one of those saying NP was ****?

We are struggling and having expectations like you have isn't going to help the lads at all.

The 'realists' never were realistic because they had nothing to base their negative attitudes upon except predudice against Rupert Lowe. Disliking the chairman was never going to be a basis for having any opinion about how good JP was as a manager, or how well his team could play. The realists also proved to be poor at predicting the club's transfer policy and at judging which players should be in the team.

I think we got a pretty good indication after todays purile performance.

Enjoy the ride....

After today ...I have a horrible feeling that not many are going to enjoy the ride this season.

Be interesting to hear your definition of struggling nick because we have lost 3 of 4 and JP has now lost as many as NP did in his entire spell here (13 games). And if memory is right you were one of those saying NP was ****?

We are struggling and having expectations like you have isn't going to help the lads at all.

you are wrong I did not say NP was #### . Its about time fans understood that with a side full of kids you are going to have up and down performances. Why do fans come on glorying in our demise? Stand back and assess the fact that we have played 3 games in a week.Whoever scored first today was going to struggle to get back into the game.If Lallana had a chance go in ,Blackpool would have struggled in the heat to get back into the game and the kids would have passed the ball better as they would have relaxed a little.

you are wrong I did not say NP was #### . Its about time fans understood that with a side full of kids you are going to have up and down performances. Why do fans come on glorying in our demise? Stand back and assess the fact that we have played 3 games in a week.Whoever scored first today was going to struggle to get back into the game.If Lallana had a chance go in ,Blackpool would have struggled in the heat to get back into the game and the kids would have passed the ball better as they would have relaxed a little.

I assume that you mean 'whoever conceded first' ?

I'm sure NickG will realise he was a little hasty in generating this thread. Our form can only be assessed over a longer period than a few games and the knee-jerk reaction that is shown for both good and poor performances in this short period is exactly that - a knee-jerk. It does however give an indication of where we are and it's not where we'd want to be that's for sure.

Be interesting to hear your definition of struggling nick because we have lost 3 of 4 and JP has now lost as many as NP did in his entire spell here (13 games). And if memory is right you were one of those saying NP was ****?.

Three wins from 14 is ****.

I was actually talking about the nick who started the thread :) But i 100% agree with you people shouldn't be glorying anything hence why i said my post. We need to be realistic and he wasent being. If that was an Alpine or DD post he would of been all over it like flies to **** so it is only right it goes the other way.

I was actually talking about the nick who started the thread :) But i 100% agree with you people shouldn't be glorying anything hence why i said my post. We need to be realistic and he wasent being. If that was an Alpine or DD post he would of been all over it like flies to **** so it is only right it goes the other way.
I always thought the original thread was a bit premature but some fans on both sides are nursing wounds and want to thrash out when they have the opportunity

are we going to struggle?

or were the happy clappy optimists (like me) who thought we were better than laast year and will not be relegated realistic after all?

Judging after three league games is totally unrealistic, and even allowing for todays game which equates to relegation form, it is still being totally unrealistic.

We will need 10 games, maybe 20 and arguably the entire season to give a fair reflection of how we are doing.

Numpties coming on after one good performance are as naive as those crucifying a young team after two games.

What's worse is those that feel the need to come on here and pontificate after a good performance.

Rather than take heart from a good win, for some reason they feel they need to come on here and wave their dikc around and rub their fellow fans nose in it, just because they were slightly more cautious/worried with how the season would go.

Similarly those that come on here crucifying other fans when we have just lost would be better off keeping schtum, as ultimate it means our Club is in the mire.

As supporters we all have different views on what the future holds and it doesn't mean jack sh17t if we are realistic, optimistic, pessimistic et al.

Judging after three league games is totally unrealistic, and even allowing for todays game which equates to relegation form, it is still being totally unrealistic.

We will need 10 games, maybe 20 and arguably the entire season to give a fair reflection of how we are doing.

Numpties coming on after one good performance are as naive as those crucifying a young team after two games.

What's worse is those that feel the need to come on here and pontificate after a good performance.

Rather than take heart from a good win, for some reason they feel they need to come on here and wave their dikc around and rub their fellow fans nose in it, just because they were slightly more cautious/worried with how the season would go.

Similarly those that come on here crucifying other fans when we have just lost would be better off keeping schtum, as ultimate it means our Club is in the mire.

As supporters we all have different views on what the future holds and it doesn't mean jack sh17t if we are realistic, optimistic, pessimistic et al.

The voice of sanity

no your memory is wrong.

ps he has only won the same amount already too!;)

fair but seem but the point was some slagged them all off after a total of zero games! Still early days and posted my thoughts on other thread

I'm sure NickG will realise he was a little hasty in generating this thread. Our form can only be assessed over a longer period than a few games and the knee-jerk reaction that is shown for both good and poor performances in this short period is exactly that - a knee-jerk. It does however give an indication of where we are and it's not where we'd want to be that's for sure.

maybe shouldn't have posted it and maybe bit of immature reaction to the posts and pm received previously -in which case sorry to all. I do however standby the feelings I have about the writing off of players and managers prematurely and hoped I had made that clear as the motive behind this. As said several times I have no problem with others being pessimistic and all of our predictions are just that -predictions.

I myself am seen as very pro Lowe but I have never defended his decision to try and bring back GH. Stupidly I still do not regret my stance against him,even though we are now in a lower league.

If RL had suceeded in bringing him back I was going to hand my s/t back.Whether i would have been able to never go and watch Saints again is hard to tell.No doubt the pull of the club would be too much and Id return.I recall at the time that RL was going to install GH just before the Pompey game and if we had beaten them many of us would warm to him again..

Iam very loyal until I am let down and so I suspect I would be a rabid anti RL now if he had employed GH.

That is how I see it, whether I would have made such a sacrifice and just shrugged my shoulders and got on with I really wouldnt be aqble to say for sure.

Hand in your season ticket on a principle...when you and others have been critical in the past of people who stay away because of Lowe ???

• 4 weeks later...
The actual "realists" know we are in for a very tough long season where every early point gained will be vital. So enjoy these 2 wins, feel happy about them as i do, but dont be arrogant about them because that just sets you up for a fall.

1 month later and looks like the realists were realistic then

• 1 month later...
Three wins from 14 is ****.

That is what scooby said about Pearson.

After 13 games Portaloo has lost 7 games, 4 more than Pearson did in 14 games.

Pearson also won the same number 3, but he did draw 7 whereas portaloo has drawn 3.

Portaloo has a worse record than Pearson. Pearson took over a demoralised team in free fall and managed to eke out enough results. Portaloo took over before the season, decided what players he wanted to retain and had weeks to get the team ready before the season started.