Sky Sports News cup highlights

saint lard

Following on from my rant about the lack of quality regional TV coverage last night, I've downloaded the highlights from Saints TV. It comes to 2 minutes and 26 seconds. Anything is nice, but I was hoping for 10 minutes per home match at least.

The extended highlights are on SaintsTV now, adds up to about 10 mins in total.

You mean to say you did want to watch it TDD..? But you're a Saints fan. Where's the interest for you..?

Saints don't exist in a vacuum, there is a wider footballing world out there.

Life would be a bit dull if you found something you liked and then just blanked everything else out for the rest of your life.

I've got a beautiful wife, you could say I'm a 'fan' of her. Doesn't stop me looking at other women though.

Maybe he's a football fan too?

On another note, was it just on my computer that the videofootage turned really poor when the crowd cheered after the two goals?

Also, how the hell was Ridgewell not sent off??

Yea that is annoying. It's just the roar of the crowd doing it but there must be a way for SaintsTV to sort that even if it means just moving their camera a bit.

Also, it'd be nice if Saints TV did a bit of commentary.....even if its crap commentary its better than nothing IMO.

Maybe he's a football fan too?

On another note, was it just on my computer that the videofootage turned really poor when the crowd cheered after the two goals?

Also, how the hell was Ridgewell not sent off??

No, it did on mine too. Just a bit of sound-on-vision on the camera, I would guess. With a properly maintained system that shouldn't happen unless hugely provoked by vibration. I would have thought St Marys wouldn't suffer from that as it is fairly solid concrete. Then again, concrete can transmit vibration too. Perhaps it was a cheaper camera mount..?

As to the football fan element. I wasn't exactly looking for comment in my original post. Yes, of course I realise that not everybody is like me, and that some people are actually interested in how other teams do. Personally, I can't be bothered to waste my time on other teams. They are just there to give Saints something to compete against, as far as I'm concerned. And I still hold to the view that TV companies would better their service by supplying us with TV that we are most likely to watch. So for the Lower Test Valley region that would almost certainly be Saints/Pompey/Cherries on a regular basis. I mean, what would you rather have..? Your own team on TV or Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, ManU..? It's not a difficult concept surely..? :)

WHoever the Sky Sports "reporter" is at the moment is a moron. Doing a round up of last nights action, he said that League One side Southampton managed to upset Championship side Birmingham.

I know we were shyte last season, but we did manage to stay up, right? Or did I miss something?

I get Southampton news sent to my mobile from o2. They sent me this little gem after the cup game:

Southampton boss Jan Poortvliet hailed his side after their 2-1 Carling Cup win over Birmingham at St Mary's.

I mean, who wrote that I wonder? Why the hell doesn't anyone check their facts before writing it up as news?

At least the BBC have learned. They're showing the Arsenal/Twente match on BBC3.

Its not hard is it, use the resources at your disposal.

The BBC have what, 4 channels? ITV have the same i think. Just about every single game in all of the football leagues have a camera and at least a reporter there, right? So why is it then that most of the time the channels aren't broadcasting, and if they are its repeats of some programme. Its not rocket science you can see where I'm going with this yeah!

But instead the ****wits at ITV try to condense some 40ish games into what amounts to 50 minutes or thereabouts, add to that the endless plugs for Chumps league, UEFA etc etc, makes my blood boil.

ANyway back on topic, those goals would of made any seasoned pro very pleased to have scored, and thanks to whoever put them up.