Sky Sports News cup highlights

saint lard

Cross bar and then the post,how unlucky was that.

Nice to hear Mcleish admit to saying that his team was a side he thought was capable of winning,yet 1st shot on target was on 70 mins.

As good a measure of praise you'll get out of him.

We destroyed them tonight.

What the f*** is with ITV? They give it all the "Football League is where the real football is played in front of real fans" b*ll*cks, yet the second they get a sniff of some Premiership teams in the League Cup we have to watch all their matches first.

ITV = Whores.

What the f*** is with ITV? They give it all the "Football League is where the real football is played in front of real fans" b*ll*cks, yet the second they get a sniff of some Premiership teams in the League Cup we have to watch all their matches first.

ITV = Whores.

Be grateful for that.....My dads a Northampton fan..tonight they beat Bolton away...it's the greatest night in Northampton Town history (wel at least in the last five years) and they didn't even show the goals!!. In anger my dad's just kicked one of the legs off my Steve Davis 6' X 4' snooker table which is 24 years old!!

Seeing as I can't start new threads as I spent my £5 on beer instead of subscribing...

Got the Championship highlights on youtube... be quick, they'll probably be taken down pretty soon!

Excellent. Cheers! Just watched it 8 times and now I'm going to watch it again.

Seeing as I can't start new threads as I spent my £5 on beer instead of subscribing...

Got the Championship highlights on youtube... be quick, they'll probably be taken down pretty soon!

That drag with the left foot onto the right before shooting from Adam Lallana had a young Le Tissieresque look about it. Very nice indeed.

That drag with the left foot onto the right before shooting from Adam Lallana had a young Le Tissieresque look about it. Very nice indeed.

just what i was thinking aswell. great controll of the body,and great balance !

come on you SAINTS,Blackpool are in for a real thumping me thinks ( hope) :D

Also, was the Middlesboro match filmed on Super 8 cine film?

I noticed that. Really poor quality footage! It was like watching a match in the 70's.

The Carling Cup highlights on ITV were shocking. You can't allocate 45 minutes to the programme, spend most of the time on one match (even if it was the "tie of the round"), gloss over a few others and completely ignore some. Terrible programme making. As others have said, Sky SPorts News had slightly longer coverage of the highlights!

That said, anybody that wanted to see more could've gone to the game, but a lot of people, myself included were unable to for one reason or another. I'll be glad when the Beeb gets its hands on it.

I noticed that. Really poor quality footage! It was like watching a match in the 70's.

The Carling Cup highlights on ITV were shocking. You can't allocate 45 minutes to the programme, spend most of the time on one match (even if it was the "tie of the round"), gloss over a few others and completely ignore some. Terrible programme making. As others have said, Sky SPorts News had slightly longer coverage of the highlights!

That said, anybody that wanted to see more could've gone to the game, but a lot of people, myself included were unable to for one reason or another. I'll be glad when the Beeb gets its hands on it.

Yes I noticed the poor quality footage from the Boro match too. Must have been some sort of technical issue there, The light didn't seem too good and there was interference on picture.

ITV have this belief, and it's not exclusive to them, [though they seem to grasp the idea as if it is gold] that all football fans want to watch just a few teams in the UK. Of course, I'm talking about the Big Four, and a few occasionally fashionable others. They have no time or imagination for football fans who might actually want to watch their own team, but can't get to the match for some reason or another.

Years ago, when football coverage was a fairly expensive business for little regional TV companies, because they had to drag along big, expensive outside broadcast equipment, they managed to provide programmes featuring the local teams. Southern TV had Southern Soccer, which often covered two matches from Saints, Pompey, or Cherries and in the South-East, Brighton & Hove Albion. They managed to get all the home games in by the simple fact that at least one club would be playing away from home. So they showed the other two. Southern TVs coverage wasn't the very best in slick quality, but it gave excellent extended highlights. Even BBC's MOTD, then or today couldn't measure up to the time allotted to each game. And this in the the days when there was only one commercial channel. Now there is a proliferation of channels, we're hip deep in them. Yet you can't find a single channel that will exclusively show you your team each week.

I'm extremely blinkered in my football support. I don't give a monkey's r!ngp!ece for any other club. The TV companies don't cater for, or understand me. I often can't get to the match because 1] I'm working to pay the bills, and 2] paying bills comes before paying to watch football matches, and 3] I sail in boats for pleasure and they come first before anything. And there must be 1000s of people out there like me [apart from the boaty bit]. They would like to watch Saints match extended highlights on TV later in the same evening, or the next day. Or watch their own team, but don't want to watch anybody else. We have all these channels, and can't get what we want. I call that crap coverage. Bring back regional football coverage and screw the Champions League. I don't a give flying toss who Arsenal, ManU, et al are playing next - I'm simply not interested.

And yes, I subscribe to Saints TV. It's hardly the same though.

Still there :-) thanks a lot.

What's with all this total football nonsense - first goal looked very root 1 to me...

Its not just Sky and ITV, where coverage may be restricted by contracts, but a large section of the national press seems to concentrate only on the Prem clubs that you feel there must be some money changing hands there as well. Are people less interested in Birmingham just because they are in the CCC this season, or more interested in Stoke or Hull because they've gone up? At least there are some papers, such as The Mirror and The Sun that do give almost equal coverage to Prem and CCC games. Its about time the 'quality press' did the same.

Its not just Sky and ITV, where coverage may be restricted by contracts, but a large section of the national press seems to concentrate only on the Prem clubs that you feel there must be some money changing hands there as well. Are people less interested in Birmingham just because they are in the CCC this season, or more interested in Stoke or Hull because they've gone up? At least there are some papers, such as The Mirror and The Sun that do give almost equal coverage to Prem and CCC games. Its about time the 'quality press' did the same.

Agreed, it amazes me that they don't have more on the CCC it's one of the most popular leagues in Europe, much more entertaining too as any team could win on the day, whereas the prem is very predictable theses days, yes you get a couple of upsets but not many.

It also amazes me that good English players in the CCC are overlooked for England yet most other countries will and do use CCC players for their teams.

I thought at the time it was more reminiscant of the Beardsley shuffle.

Either way, it made Ridgewell look pretty stupid, although he shouldn't have been on the pitch at the time anyway.

WHoever the Sky Sports "reporter" is at the moment is a moron. Doing a round up of last nights action, he said that League One side Southampton managed to upset Championship side Birmingham.

I know we were shyte last season, but we did manage to stay up, right? Or did I miss something?

Following on from my rant about the lack of quality regional TV coverage last night, I've downloaded the highlights from Saints TV. It comes to 2 minutes and 26 seconds. Anything is nice, but I was hoping for 10 minutes per home match at least.

For home games they normally have condensed highlights first then extended 1st and 2nd half highlights a bit later (hence the 3 sets of highlights available for the Brum league match).

Of course the cup might be an exception to the rule but I'd expect extended highlights to be appearing sometime in the next 24 hours or so.

Following on from my rant about the lack of quality regional TV coverage last night, I've downloaded the highlights from Saints TV. It comes to 2 minutes and 26 seconds. Anything is nice, but I was hoping for 10 minutes per home match at least.

Saints TV is absolutely terrible. The highlights packages and the radio coverage are both massively amateur. I canceled my subscription at the end of last season as the highlights on youtube and online radio coverage is easily as good if not better.

For home games they normally have condensed highlights first then extended 1st and 2nd half highlights a bit later (hence the 3 sets of highlights available for the Brum league match).

Of course the cup might be an exception to the rule but I'd expect extended highlights to be appearing sometime in the next 24 hours or so.

Yes, you're probably right. I've looked back through the archive and found that all the home matches have both condensed highlights, and extended highlights per half. So I expect some to appear from last night's match in the end.

I'd still like old Southern Soccer back though. If Meridian's Football Night was regular, instead of occasional, that would be something.

Just looked up Meridian's TV football coverage slot for this week, which is usually on a wednesday [tonight] after 10pm. Nothing..!

Earlier in the evening there is Liverpool V Standard Liege in the Champions League. What the f**k do I want to watch that for..? Who would want to watch this twaddle apart from Liverpool and Standard Liege fans..? And this is on a main channel. Not consigned to ITV4 or something minor. I don't understand TV companies, and they certainly don't understand me.

Nice to see another of Rupert's protegés Stuart Gray getting that fantastic win at Bolton as Northampton manager. Says the Reebox is his lucky ground as he also took Saints there and won too. Along with the win at Middleborough it was the highlight and only candlelight in his elustrious reign at St Mary's.

Just looked up Meridian's TV football coverage slot for this week, which is usually on a wednesday [tonight] after 10pm. Nothing..!

Earlier in the evening there is Liverpool V Standard Liege in the Champions League. What the f**k do I want to watch that for..? Who would want to watch this twaddle apart from Liverpool and Standard Liege fans..? And this is on a main channel. Not consigned to ITV4 or something minor. I don't understand TV companies, and they certainly don't understand me.

At least the BBC have learned. They're showing the Arsenal/Twente match on BBC3.

unless the ITV target audience is you alone...I think they wont really care if you want to watch it yourself or not...

There were cameras behind both goals with a cameraman operating the Northam one. That can't have been cheap so why all the cameras if we're only going to get the goals?

Because that's likely one of the cameras for Saints TV online rather than anything the TV company would have come up with.