Guys who where there, Tell it like it was:

Colinjb

What went wrong? Nothing.

It is the same as it was, just that teams in the CCC were still sussing us out. Now they have and we're playing the same stuff.

There IS only one plan. There are too many changes. Lowe (as Cork has told us) is not allowing JP to pick the side but introducing Club Policies on player selection. JP STILL doesnt understand enough about the league or teams within it to make a difference.

And one more point.

When this thread was written the kids were fearless - and I think we still had Svensson at the back with other MEN - the kids are losing week in week out... they may still be battling away but life has left the supporting crowd, they fear SMS, they are absorbing gradually the losing mentality that Lowe has been famous for.

In sum, the coach and board are broken, the nippas are now sussed out by real footballing teams and we the fans are leaving in our droves.

Sorry, I've missed this. Has Cork been having a dig at Rupert since he left?

Makes interesting reading looking back. I think its all down to confidence. I saw all the pre-season games and, I know the opposition was not of the highest order, but the team's confidence was sky high and the goals were pinging in. There was so much movement and inter-passing, I remember commenting that it was like watching Arsenal at their best.

Even then I was dreading "the boysh" getting a good tanking in their first few games and having all the confidence taken away. That didnt happen, but it has gradually happened over time as the original core of players has been broken up by injuries and the results have not gone right.

When that happens its safer to knock the ball long and get rid of it. For me thats the hub of the problem, they are mostly young lads and need the experience. Playing Jan's style needs quite high technical ability and confidence. Many of the squad have a fair bit of the former but are sadly lacking now in the latter.

Unless some very wealthy person comes along with a wad of money we are pretty much stuck with what weve got - at best, so the best thing we can do is do our bit and encourage them. I thought the support at the Man Utd game was average, but it wasnt bad. How we desperately need a bit of luck and a good run!

Makes interesting reading looking back. I think its all down to confidence. I saw all the pre-season games and, I know the opposition was not of the highest order, but the team's confidence was sky high and the goals were pinging in. There was so much movement and inter-passing, I remember commenting that it was like watching Arsenal at their best.

Even then I was dreading "the boysh" getting a good tanking in their first few games and having all the confidence taken away. That didnt happen, but it has gradually happened over time as the original core of players has been broken up by injuries and the results have not gone right.

When that happens its safer to knock the ball long and get rid of it. For me thats the hub of the problem, they are mostly young lads and need the experience. Playing Jan's style needs quite high technical ability and confidence. Many of the squad have a fair bit of the former but are sadly lacking now in the latter.

Unless some very wealthy person comes along with a wad of money we are pretty much stuck with what weve got - at best, so the best thing we can do is do our bit and encourage them. I thought the support at the Man Utd game was average, but it wasnt bad. How we desperately need a bit of luck and a good run!

and fitness! They aren't fit enough to last 90 minutes so then they get tired mentally and make mistakes.

Originally Posted by del boy View Post

and fitness! They aren't fit enough to last 90 minutes so then they get tired mentally and make mistakes.

Good post.

We need luck and a couple or 3 experienced players imo.

I think from that time that there was hope that the blend of youth and experience would be enhanced with one or two experienced heads at the back , middle/front.

I thought, Wotton, was going to be the old head in the middle, but his injury/fitness have not allowed regular games.

Money has always to be a consideration and my view is the lack of response when MS was obviously not going to make it.

Regardless of money, Stern John should have been retained up front.

The decision making from Lowey and Wildey through the coaches Wottey and JP has been very poor.

Plus we as fans always build our hopes up...Thats why we live and dream of The Mighty Saints.

Someone is hell bent on bursting the bubble AGAIN.