2 Facts about tonight.

Psycrow

No. 1. Simon Gillett is only 5'4"

Seriously? 5'4"??? Were they taking the **** on Radio Hampshire and just saying he was small? I know children taller than that. Not that it makes a difference as long as he's good enough, but its just odd.

No. 2. Sky Sports have just said that we've never been beaten at St. Mary's in the League Cup.

Is that true? I know its probably only a handfull of games, and Sky tend to blow these kind of stats all out of proportion(For example, I remember Iain Payne being shocked last year that Man City hadn't won a League Cup match since 2004....so the lost 2 matches in 2 years Iain? Shocker!), but interesting all the same.

Gillett may only be five four - but height (or lack of it) means nothing if you have the skill and ability. Michael Owen is no giant - but in his heyday he was pretty awesome too...

Michael Owen is around 5'8"-5'9", not hugely short. Though as an engine room modfielder height isn't that important.

Michael Owen is around 5'8"-5'9", not hugely short. Though as an engine room modfielder height isn't that important.

That big - really - always looks a bit of a short ass to me - perhaps he's just got short legs...!!!! ;)

Though as an engine room modfielder height isn't that important.

and whilst a disadvantage in some situations - Gillet's lack of height must make him almost impossible to tackle or play against to the average Championship 6' 2" athlete.

Whenever I used to go down to Staplewood and see the Reserves, a few seasons back, there would be this little lad bombing about. He seemed to be about a foot shorter than everyone else, and I always thought his height would count against him. I think it has proved to be the case as well, but Simon Gillet has always been a very capable player, but overlooked. His time has come, and it doesn't matter a jot that he's only 4ft 18ins. He plays to his strengths, and they are very strong.

No. 1. Simon Gillett is only 5'4"

Seriously? 5'4"??? Were they taking the **** on Radio Hampshire and just saying he was small? I know children taller than that. Not that it makes a difference as long as he's good enough, but its just odd.

No. 2. Sky Sports have just said that we've never been beaten at St. Mary's in the League Cup.

Is that true? I know its probably only a handfull of games, and Sky tend to blow these kind of stats all out of proportion(For example, I remember Iain Payne being shocked last year that Man City hadn't won a League Cup match since 2004....so the lost 2 matches in 2 years Iain? Shocker!), but interesting all the same.

Sky Sports also say that we struggled to get a foot hold in the first half.Well if that is struggling then bring on the winning.

Do they even watch the games?

Sky Sports also say that we struggled to get a foot hold in the first half.Well if that is struggling then bring on the winning.

Do they even watch the games?

Sky don't like Saints. That's why they only feed about 15 secoinds of footage to ITV for the Championship. They had exactly the same 15 seconds of footage on Sky's Championship round-up on Monday.

I'm 5'4'' so feel an obligation to join in this debate. Many times 'short' players such as Wise, Gillet, Zola just to name a few, put the larger players to shame by actually contesting for the ball. I've seen and played against many players 6ft plus that fall over with a nudge from the little men so I don't think size has much to do with anything

Sky don't like Saints. That's why they only feed about 15 secoinds of footage to ITV for the Championship. They had exactly the same 15 seconds of footage on Sky's Championship round-up on Monday.

Well, they just trailed the league Cup coverage on SSN with Lallana's goal. Whoops from the nipper in the living room.

Oh behave. Last week (versus Brum) we were the main game on the Championship, and we've got two live games in a row on Sky coming up.

I don't know if you've ever actually watched The Championship, but every single club apart from the first game and the "filmed feature" second game gets 15 seconds every single week.