8,500 sold so far tonight

saints_is_the_south

I tried buying my ticket a minute ago online but the site seems down...I'll try again in a couple of hours time.

Perhaps if you'd read this thread then you'd see why you can't buy a ticket online.

Still, we know how much common sense you have.

Personally. I think they should abandon the current format, dissolve the Affiliate Member's Cup too (The Johnstone Paint's trophy) and simply have a 'Coca Cola Football League Cup.' A competition for all clubs outside of the premiership. The bonus being entry into a playoff for Premiership admittence.

The playoff consisting of 3rd through 6th in the league, 17th in the Prem and the 'Football League' Cup winners.

Wouldn't work. You could have a team finishing in the lowest position in the Football League going into the Prem through the play-offs.

Back to the original topic... :) Went to buy a ticket today about 11:45; there were a fair number of people coming and going at the ticket office. Of course, I don't know how many of them were buying tickets for tonight's game, but I'd assume most would have been. So maybe the lower prices are having some effect.

Thanks, last question. Do they sell tickets at the saints store in west quay?

No, but they do sell tickets at the information desk/Mayflower ticket kiosk about 20 yards from the West Quay store. However, seeing as they basically tap into the online system, you almost certainly won't be able to buy for tonight's game from there.

Personally. I think they should abandon the current format, dissolve the Affiliate Member's Cup too (The Johnstone Paint's trophy) and simply have a 'Coca Cola Football League Cup.' A competition for all clubs outside of the premiership. The bonus being entry into a playoff for Premiership admittence.

The playoff consisting of 3rd through 6th in the league, 17th in the Prem and the 'Football League' Cup winners.

Very creative (thinking out of the box!) and I like it !

So what if it upsets the prima donna tosspots in the Prem, the impossible happens and Rochdale reach the promised land ! Great, I say, bring it on !

Sadly it'll never happen because money talks, the game is riddled with self interest and the age of romance is dead !!

My local cinema has just reinstated their old general manager. I don't like him. I refuse to go there whilst he is in charge. Shame, as I really want to see Hellboy 2.

You could just go to the cinema down the road. It might be a bit shabby but they show all the biggest blockbusters. Of course you do have to put up with the smell of fish.

Just under 10,000 sold now.

Still a few more hours to go, hopefully a decent walk up can take that up to about 12,000 which wouldn't be too bad.

I am going to practice my walk up. I think I deserve to be in the ministry of funny walks.

You could just go to the cinema down the road. It might be a bit shabby but they show all the biggest blockbusters. Of course you do have to put up with the smell of fish.

I prefer 'The smell of fish 2 - the sequel'

To be fair it just shows the amount of 'paper fans' this club once had. When we were in the premiership you could guarantee 30k + for a prem game and about 22k+ for a cup game. If (when) we do get back to the premiership they’ll all come crawling back.

Does that include the 6,343 that turned up at SMS for the Northampton game when last in the premiership.

For what it's worth, here are the attendances from Round 1:

Ipswich 4-1 Leyton Orient - 1477 :shock:

Surely, surely that has a digit missing? 1500 for a first team cup game!? :o

I had prior commitments tonight, which last season I would've moved to go to the game. This season however, I'm being a bit cautious with how things are going at the club, hence the no go.

I have to say though (and it is very early days, mind you) after my initial doubts things are looking hopeful, let's hope it's maintained, and I can enjoy going to SMS again.