Lowe vindicated

scooby

and so, with this away win against one of the mickey mouse powerhouses, lord lowe's visionary appointment of the golden duo is confirmed as a master stroke.

We are total football now. We controlled every aspect of the game, we did not capitulate and we held firm at every quarter.

The only question is: What will the flat caps find to complain about now? no doubt some class conscious bile. the best part about our automatic promotion this season will be watching them eat crow.

No war but class war!

And so, with this away win against one of the mickey mouse powerhouses, Lord Lowe's visionary appointment of the Golden Duo is confirmed as a master stroke.

We are total football now. We controlled every aspect of the game, we did not capitulate and we held firm at every quarter.

The only question is: what will the flat caps find to complain about now? No doubt some class conscious bile. The best part about our automatic promotion this season will be watching them eat crow.

No he's not!!!!!!!!!!! Jan is vindicated, and the youngsters are showing that not using them was the big mistake.

We are still here in the Championship because of Lowe and until he commits to getting us back to the top flight, proves he has the clubs best interests at heart and is not on some ego trip to reek revenge and prove he shouldn't have been oisted, then I will not give any credit his way. I still personally believe he blocked investment to ensure his return.

Do the above, and I will support him again.

And so, with this away win against one of the mickey mouse powerhouses, Lord Lowe's visionary appointment of the Golden Duo is confirmed as a master stroke.

The only question is: what will the flat caps find to complain about now? No doubt some class conscious bile. The best part about our automatic promotion this season will be watching them eat crow.

Give it a rest (or are you TFLS in disguise)

No he's not!!!!!!!!!!! Jan is vindicated, and the youngsters are showing that not using them was the big mistake.

We are still here in the Championship because of Lowe and until he commits to getting us back to the top flight, proves he has the clubs best interests at heart and is not on some ego trip to reek revenge and prove he shouldn't have been oisted, then I will not give any credit his way. I still personally believe he blocked investment to ensure his return.

Do the above, and I will support him again.

Shouldn't let the anti-Lowe stuff get out of hand. The team does well, so by all means give credit to the manager and the players, but surely the chairman who made the appointment and set the policy of playing the younger talent is entitled to some credit. Relegation in 2005 was also down to the manager (Redknapp) and the players as well as the chairman. Between them they nearly did enough to keep us up, but not quite. But responsibility is always a shared thing in this game, not simply one person's fault or one person's credit.

As for the "investment" only one offer was refused - SISU - and that looks to have been a good decision, but one not made by Lowe alone, as he was not in a position to make it on his own. As often, things are more complicated than the simple 'lets blame Lowe' approach would would like it to be.

Is Lowe 'vindicated'? Probably not yet, but things do look a lot better than the doom mongers were predicting a few weeks ago, and even last week (Alpine).

I have grave reservations about the success of Lowe's experiment. If it goes well then I would be the first to admit I was wrong, and credit would go to him.

To be honest, I can't see it. I think the man is a fool. It is good to see players playing for the shirt, but it is not enough.

I hope I'm wrong, I really do.

I have grave reservations about the success of Lowe's experiment. If it goes well then I would be the first to admit I was wrong, and credit would go to him. To be honest, I can't see it. I think the man is a fool. It is good to see players playing for the shirt, but it is not enough. I hope I'm wrong, I really do.

We are all entitled to our opinions, but for an opinion to mean something its needs some basis in fact or some evidence.

Lowe is certainly no fool. You don't become chair of a major Stockbroking Firm by being a fool.

If players playing for the shirt is not enough, what would be? Bringing in journey men who don't really care? - Tried that. Buying quality players from other clubs? - needs money. Bringing on Academy players and then not playing them? - No point having an Academy.

What Lowe has done hardly counts as an experiment, it just looks like common sense, provided you can find a manager who can do it - and he seems to have used his contacts to do that. What else could he have done?

By all means criticise him if there is an alternative to suggest but just to criticise with no alternative leaves a person on very weak ground.

never criticised the chap in the past, only gave him advice that he bring the right people in to run the football side and he sorts out the financial side.

Hey Presto! He listened to me after all. Well it appears to be the case.

To be truthfull I wasn't the only person giving him advice. More of the same please.

Credit where credit is due.

Bring on the results now.

We are all entitled to our opinions, but for an opinion to mean something its needs some basis in fact or some evidence.

Lowe is certainly no fool. You don't become chair of a major Stockbroking Firm by being a fool.

If players playing for the shirt is not enough, what would be? Bringing in journey men who don't really care? - Tried that. Buying quality players from other clubs? - needs money. Bringing on Academy players and then not playing them? - No point having an Academy.

What Lowe has done hardly counts as an experiment, it just looks like common sense, provided you can find a manager who can do it - and he seems to have used his contacts to do that. What else could he have done?

By all means criticise him if there is an alternative to suggest but just to criticise with no alternative leaves a person on very weak ground.

I'm not running the club, I'm just a supporter. Why should I give an alternative. I give the club my money, and they run it. I don't agree with the way the club is being run. Judging by tonight's likely attendance nor do a lot of other people.

Players playing for the shirt is a good thing. You can't knock the young lads for trying, and I wasn't trying to. However, as good as the result at the weekend was I can't see it lasting. That is my opinion based on my knowledge of football. Opinion, not fact.

It's amazing how many jobs you can get by going to the right school and making the right friends. Let's face it, Rupert is no Alan Sugar is he.

No need for you to go overboard either. Whilst we all realise this was an excellent result, coming from excellent play, it does have to be maintained throughout the season. You'd do well to temper your speeches with a little less arrogance until it is entirely justified.

Just because you wrap your insults to fellow members up in less than obvious packages you can still be infracted. Message received..?

A message from Baj's little army. Perhaps I can adapt a quote from Martin Luther King as it appears to be relevant in this context.

'The pro-Lowes great stumbling block in the stride towards success and self-reliance is not the flat cap fans and their shepherds but the moderators who are more devoted to order than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a postive peace which is the presence of justice'

Scooby's views are as relevant to any other poster and threatening him with infractions because he avoids the flat cap preference for calling a spade a spade does not make him worthy of your threats anymore than those who sit on the same perfect side of the fence as you. Message received?

A message from Baj's little army. Perhaps I can adapt a quote from Martin Luther King as it appears to be relevant in this context.

'The pro-Lowes great stumbling block in the stride towards success and self-reliance is not the flat cap fans and their shepherds but the moderators who are more devoted to order than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a postive peace which is the presence of justice'

Scooby's views are as relevant to any other poster and threatening him with infractions because he avoids the flat cap preference for calling a spade a spade does not make him worthy of your threats anymore than those who sit on the same perfect side of the fence as you. Message received?

Bugger off Sundance. Been much nicer without you recently!

I'm sure the mod team will be grateful for your enlightenment on how to run the forum. Bit of a waste of one of your three posts but good to see you back. It must be the ray of light of a couple of successes that's brought you out of hiding.

I have been accused of being a Lowe luvvie and worse.On this occasion whilst I applaud RL for his appointment and the emphasis on youth, a lot of this was forced on him due to circumstance.Had we been flush with money I doubt he would have taken this route.

He came back to the club with a single minded approach and was not going to be pushed from his course by anything. Instead of being pulled in all directions we have a focus.Lets hope it succeeds

I have been accused of being a Lowe luvvie and worse.On this occasion whilst I applaud RL for his appointment and the emphasis on youth, a lot of this was forced on him due to circumstance.Had we been flush with money I doubt he would have taken this route.

He came back to the club with a single minded approach and was not going to be pushed from his course by anything. Instead of being pulled in all directions we have a focus.Lets hope it succeeds

Nick, No disrespect to Mr Lowe and his involvement on the football side(I believe he concentrates mainly on the financial side) but you have clearly forgotten The football Chairman Mr Wilde. Credit where credit is due. Not forgetting the other Directors. Unless you know more than you let us know.

I personally believe this new revolution is down to the current climate and I will stick with JP and MW and staff. BUT IN ANYCASE WELL DONE TO ALL.

Bring on the YUF.

Keep up the good work Nick. I think deep down you keep forgetting Mr Wilde is involved.......

Nick, No disrespect to Mr Lowe and his involvement on the football side(I believe he concentrates mainly on the financial side) but you have clearly forgotten The football Chairman Mr Wilde. Credit where credit is due. Not forgetting the other Directors. Unless you know more than you let us know.

I personally believe this new revolution is down to the current climate and I will stick with JP and MW and staff. BUT IN ANYCASE WELL DONE TO ALL.

Bring on the YUF.

Keep up the good work Nick. I think deep down you keep forgetting Mr Wilde is involved.......

I do and for his sinning in the past Im starting to forgive him a little now.Sense overtook the vanity and he owned up to his mistake by uniting with RL.

Bugger off Sundance. Been much nicer without you recently!

Nice? Nice fosters cosiness and irritation. You need to widen your horizons a little Top Gun nice guys finish last and I've never met a nice statesman. Seems to me nice nice promotes a somewhat sterile and dare I suggest a boring forum for discussion?

I'll leave you and your thoroughly nice fellow debaters for another day.

Greenridge - your words must always be as powerful as your silence would have been. I don't need to gloat over the obvious progress this club is making under lowe.

You know if posters like Scooby and Sundance just backed off a bit people might, if not like, then learn to tolerate Lowe.

Provided results keep going our way of course ;)

They are all part of lifes Tapestry.

Scooby is amusing and it would be a worse site without him.

Nice? Nice fosters cosiness and irritation. You need to widen your horizons a little Top Gun nice guys finish last and I've never met a nice statesman. Seems to me nice nice promotes a somewhat sterile and dare I suggest a boring forum for discussion?

Greenridge - your words must always be as powerful as your silence would have been. I don't need to gloat over the obvious progress this club is making under lowe.

Maybe I do need to widen my horizons a bit Sundance.

But I've never met a winner who spreads bile and poison in the way you do either. As far as supposed statesmen go, you and Don Rumsfeld would go nicely hand in hand. And I don't think he will go down as winner, do you?

QUOTE]

And how many statesmen have you met in total??? For long enough to determine whether they are "nice" or "nasty"?

As I was saying to Nelson Mandela and Angela Merkel over dinner last night, there are some truly arrogant, full-of-themselves Lowe luvvies on this forum....

QUOTE]

And how many statesmen have you met in total??? For long enough to determine whether they are "nice" or "nasty"?

As I was saying to Nelson Mandela and Angela Merkel over dinner last night, there are some truly arrogant, full-of-themselves Lowe luvvies on this forum....

Merkel a Statesman??? Not done much to make me think that. Anyway what did you have to eat for dinner?

I was with keira Knightley and Sarah Dunn and had a roast.

Sundance has already used up two of his posts, so as I'm such a pious person, timely to quote him from the good book, paraphrasing from Genesis.

"Go forth and multiply"

Presumably because of the expense of living in Lymington and the cost of running your yacht, you have insufficient funds to afford the £5 fee that enables you to waffle freely.

Sundance has already used up two of his posts, so as I'm such a pious person, timely to quote him from the good book, paraphrasing from Genesis.

"Go forth and multiply"

Presumably because of the expense of living in Lymington and the cost of running your yacht, you have insufficient funds to afford the £5 fee that enables you to waffle freely.

Don't tease Sundance into spending £5 Wes :mad:

Just like last season - the "moany moany brigade" of WA2, Alpine and co are quiet on TSF after a Saints win.............coincidence?

The "moany brigade" may be right or wrong, but if they hold an opinion, don't expect them to come here and change it after a win ot two...that would make them fickle fans people complain about.

The most fickle posters are the ones who are busy happy-clapping after a couple of wins, talking about "at least a play-off place", and two defeats later are searching around for someone to crucify.

A forum is just a place to spout off your opinion, right or wrong. Some people seem to want you to comit hari-kari as soon as there is a hint of a question mark about how right you were.

I've been critical of Lowe and the risky path he is (at the moment) following. I may well be wrong (I hope I am actually), but hey, it's just opinion, it's not as though the "moany brigade" had tried to defend the holocaust.

What is a Lowe luvvie ?

Perhaps one could let me know

What is a Lowe luvvie ?

Perhaps one could let me know

John, from my understanding a Lowe luvvie was/is someone who can see what he is trying to achieve and not concerned about what he earns (if it is comparable to other industries), class and not blaming him for all the ills of the clubs misfortune. These people debate in favour of some of his ideas and aims.This gets confused by the less measured(not all anti's) as some kind of worship.

They cant see that the more pro RL posters are not as rabidly against and so think they have a clearer perception of how things are.

From the Anti Lowe perspective this whole arguement would boil down to 'yer a c###'

I hope this helps.

As Saints supporters we have had four to five years of misery.

In that time the club has declined dramatically on the pitch and financially

As the board members run the club then Rupert Lowe and Michael Wilde have a high level of responsibility.

We are now in a much weakened situation and without massive inverstment would be unable to survive in the premiership should we get to the playoffs

Delighted as we are to see this young team play excellent football the likelyhood is we will have to sell off one or two of these rising stars to make ends meet.

A lot of footbal clubs have boards which put money in

Our board take money out in wages (yet to be disclosed)

So when you ask has Ruperts strategy been vindicated well yes for the WGS spell and since JP has arrived other than that he has been an arrogant dismal failure

But he certainly has a lot to make up for

As Saints supporters we have had four to five years of misery.

In that time the club has declined dramatically on the pitch and financially

As the board members run the club then Rupert Lowe and Michael Wilde have a high level of responsibility.

We are now in a much weakened situation and without massive inverstment would be unable to survive in the premiership should we get to the playoffs

Delighted as we are to see this young team play excellent football the likelyhood is we will have to sell off one or two of these rising stars to make ends meet.

A lot of footbal clubs have boards which put money in

Our board take money out in wages (yet to be disclosed)

So when you ask has Ruperts strategy been vindicated well yes for the WGS spell and since JP has arrived other than that he has been an arrogant dismal failure

But he certainly has a lot to make up for

It is arrogant folly to suggest Lowe has been a dismal failure in the past 5 years. It is not his fault a campaign was started in the false hope that the grass would be any greener under a different regime. The arrogance of the fans and misplaced hatred of Lowe and desire to rid the club of his presence was both ignorant and stupid and I suggest we would not be in the position we are today if Lowe had not been forced to resign as chairman originally. Certainly, recent events suggest that this theory does have some grounding when you consider the performance of the various regimes in the intervening two years.

Fans who expect board directors to invest their own money into the club are acting like spoilt little brats. Why should directors pour money into any club with no hope of a return on their just because director's of other clubs do? It is that sort of mindset that has got football into the mess it is in today. A business whose survival relies on the contribution from 'sugar daddies' is not exactly sustainable and if we are heading for recession as all indicators seem to suggest then the likes of Bournemouth, Luton and Rotherham will merely be the tip of the iceberg as cash-strapped businessman reign in their contributions to their 'hobbies'.

Of course we will need to sell off one or two rising stars that is what makes this club sustainable especially whilst we have a percentage of fickle fans who stay away merely because some suits working hard on our behalf occupy a place in the offices at SMS. Rightly, they take a wage and why not if they work hard at delivering a self-funded club that can stand as a business in its own right without unreliable and consistent donations from businessmen whose wealth is determined by the economy of this or there own country, why shouldn't they be paid handsomely. Surely, a self funded club is something to be proud of than getting something for 'nothing'? Although that 'nothing' may actually result in a big something like administration if those who donate choose to withdraw.

What impact will a new cold war with Russia have on their new ecomony? I doubt Roman was overly pleased with Putin's comments as a large percentage of their gas production is to supply the west which in the event of a cold war maybe the gas taps would be turned off along with the revenue for those who supply it? An extreme example but even the those with the deepest pockets are prone to a need to 'cut their cloth' occassionally and if you've been their prostitute supplying their kicks for a few years then you will suffer from their withdrawal.

We are in a weakened position but Lowe has proven again that his way is the right way and it was the arrogance of the fans and those who campaigned so vociferously for his removal who have been shown to be the arrogant and ignorant ones and unlike Lowe are now unwilling to bury the hatchet and deliver a future for this club without bleating about and wishing for unsustainable charity from those with a well earned wealth.

Anti-Lowe = anti-club.

We are in a weakened position but Lowe has proven again that his way is the right way and it was the arrogance of the fans and those who campaigned so vociferously for his removal who have been shown to be the arrogant and ignorant ones and unlike Lowe are now unwilling to bury the hatchet and deliver a future for this club without bleating about and wishing for unsustainable charity from those with a well earned wealth.

Anti-Lowe = anti-club.

Here-here! I've been saying ever since Lord Lowe was forced out in the Night of the Long Knives, that it is the fans and the fans alone who should take the blame for our downfall. They let class hatred blind them bitterly, thinking that 'anybody but Lowe' would somehow transform this club.

But transform to what? Under Lowe we had an FA Cup, stability, a UEFA 4-star rated stadium, best youth academy in the country, world class facilities.

I would love for them, at this time, to come forward and formally apologise to Lowe for their collective actions. After that has taken place, we can finally move on in unity.

Rupert Lowe will only be vindicated once Southampton FC is back in the Premier League and has survived there for more than one season. That was the position that we were in prior to his arrival and for most of his first period in charge and, until we're restored to our former status, he remains mainly culpable for the club's recent failings, and his own failure to rectify them. After three games and with the team in 17th place, it's a bit soon to make such grandiose pronouncements.

Incidentally Sundance Beast, I'm starting to think that our resident Portsmouth-supporting troll Scooby is deliberately echoing the tone and language of your posts.

I'm glad you noticed that. There's a certain contingent of 'fan' on this board who takes great pleasure in our losses because it helps further their Lowe out agenda. It's sickening and utterly counterproductive to our promotion push.

We won and I still want Lowe and his friends to leave this club and never come back. I am glad we won. I will be glad if he goes. The two feelings are totally compatible in my head. If we are promoted I would still want Lowe to leave. If we won the Champions League I would remain ever hopeful he would walk out of the door. Too hard to understand Scooby? Try this...it has something to do with defining a Man's character by his actions...and Rupert Lowe has very much displayed his failure in that department on more than one occasion. I wouldn't mind if he was chronically flawed in character but a brilliant businessman...the problem is he's 0 from 2 on both counts. We get who we deserve...and you very much deserve each other Scooby. Mind you, Lowe is so much in love with himself that I doubt he has much room for you.

Here-here! I've been saying ever since Lord Lowe was forced out in the Night of the Long Knives, that it is the fans and the fans alone who should take the blame for our downfall. They let class hatred blind them bitterly, thinking that 'anybody but Lowe' would somehow transform this club.

But transform to what? Under Lowe we had an FA Cup, stability, a UEFA 4-star rated stadium, best youth academy in the country, world class facilities.

I would love for them, at this time, to come forward and formally apologise to Lowe for their collective actions. After that has taken place, we can finally move on in unity.

its like reading Viz or Private eye. Glorious stuff Scooby.

Can you put owning pidgeons and ferrets in one of your posts, or shove ha'penny.?

And, I seem to remember " the strongest squad we have ever had" as Lord Lowe put it, at the beginning of the relegation season.

And, I seem to remember " the strongest squad we have ever had" as Lord Lowe put it, at the beginning of the relegation season.

Yes I well remember that too. But aside from all the points-scoring and yahbooing, and my-opinion-is-better-founded-and-reasoned-than-yours, cannot we just let things lie now and wait what happens.

Let's put the knives away, at least for a few weeks, and start enjoying what might turn out to be a very good season.

I know it'll make the forum terribly boring for some because we won't have people taking their ringside corners, but we might be able to share some common ground for a while.

Hey, how about giving it a go..? Let's finish it and finally move on in unity..! :)

I believe it's anyone who likes financial prudence, innovative thinking and thinking outside the box.

Last week Barclays were getting the blame for putting us in this position and forcing us to sell all our 'best' players.

This week Lowe is being idolised as a visionary :rolleyes:

I'm beginning to think Scooby is the only sane person on this board :rolleyes:

It is arrogant folly to suggest Lowe has been a dismal failure in the past 5 years. It is not his fault a campaign was started in the false hope that the grass would be any greener under a different regime. The arrogance of the fans and misplaced hatred of Lowe and desire to rid the club of his presence was both ignorant and stupid and I suggest we would not be in the position we are today if Lowe had not been forced to resign as chairman originally. Certainly, recent events suggest that this theory does have some grounding when you consider the performance of the various regimes in the intervening two years.

Fans who expect board directors to invest their own money into the club are acting like spoilt little brats. Why should directors pour money into any club with no hope of a return on their just because director's of other clubs do? It is that sort of mindset that has got football into the mess it is in today. A business whose survival relies on the contribution from 'sugar daddies' is not exactly sustainable and if we are heading for recession as all indicators seem to suggest then the likes of Bournemouth, Luton and Rotherham will merely be the tip of the iceberg as cash-strapped businessman reign in their contributions to their 'hobbies'.

Of course we will need to sell off one or two rising stars that is what makes this club sustainable especially whilst we have a percentage of fickle fans who stay away merely because some suits working hard on our behalf occupy a place in the offices at SMS. Rightly, they take a wage and why not if they work hard at delivering a self-funded club that can stand as a business in its own right without unreliable and consistent donations from businessmen whose wealth is determined by the economy of this or there own country, why shouldn't they be paid handsomely. Surely, a self funded club is something to be proud of than getting something for 'nothing'? Although that 'nothing' may actually result in a big something like administration if those who donate choose to withdraw.

What impact will a new cold war with Russia have on their new ecomony? I doubt Roman was overly pleased with Putin's comments as a large percentage of their gas production is to supply the west which in the event of a cold war maybe the gas taps would be turned off along with the revenue for those who supply it? An extreme example but even the those with the deepest pockets are prone to a need to 'cut their cloth' occassionally and if you've been their prostitute supplying their kicks for a few years then you will suffer from their withdrawal.

Anti-Lowe = anti-club.

Seem to have gone a bit loopy Russians, the cold war. Catch a grip I am complaing about a board and CE who took over a club in the premiership and managed to turn it into a club in the Championship with few asssets left and submitted us to years of dire football whilst

wasting money on Radio Stations, Sir Clive the half wit and employed a manager on average a year and in one notable year three managers.

Yes a brilliant strategsit who found time to take people t court as he was called "shabby"

Yes he is brill

Scooby you actually get better and better, absolutly hilarious!

LOWE TOOK US DOWN. That is the be all and end all of the argument!

No its not, 3 clubs a season go down from the PL and so are are all thise chairman to blame?

It is down to many factors, you have to take the rough with the smooth.

Yep, worst player on the field all season.

If you feel that way about Lowe, how do you feel about Bates/McMenemy when we went down the first time?

If you feel that way about Lowe, how do you feel about Bates/McMenemy when we went down the first time?

Shhhhh you are not supposed to ask difficult questions.I doubt that many on here were around in those days. I do understand that if fans have been brought up only seeing top flight football it is harder for them than the fans who have seen the highs and lows of relegation and promotion.

Well I was at Goodison when we went down we actually won that day.

Probably rather upset did not know who the Chairman was and never saw Terry Paine again