Jan the man appreciation thread

Thedelldays

Interesting to listen to Dave Hockaday at the family day - he seemed really excited with the new set-up, and pleased as punch that the kids were setting the pace for the "established players." He seemed to have nothing but admiration for Jan's approach, and his only frustration was that (at that time) they hadn't converted all the good play into a league win. He made no bones about the fact that he had left Watford due to a disagreement over style of play with the manager - if that had been the case this summer, I'm sure he would have been off.

Hmmm....history repeating...????

How times change.;)

Is sadism this extreme legal, Stanley? Dragging this muck up has embarrassed so many "upstanding" people whose reputations are now in tatters. You have humiliated them. the thing i find most peculiar is that you seem to get some sort of perverse pleasure in humiliating the feeble-minded.

And so do I!

Lowe out. JP out. COYR.

NO RETURN UNTIL LOWE GOES. NO SURRENDER!

I thought he was going to do so well after the Derby game, probably the best and most enjoyable Southampton performance i've seen in the CCC. The next game in the cup against Birmingham was more of the same and we even brought in a few fringe players (Cork, Thomas, Wotton and Bart) Sadly the writing was on the wall not long after, the following game against Blackpool was the total opposite we where just embarassing trying to defend against a more direct team.

I still think if we went back to a similar side to the Derby game and someone can install a bit of confidence we can avoid relegation, just seems Jan has lost the dressing room and the bad home results have drained all confidence. Lowe and Jan's handling of the more experienced players haven't helped things at all either. I guess a lot of teams have worked out how to play against us, which just shows up the manager as not being able to change things when we need to.

dutch jokers? lol! -when will the humble pie / apologies come?

Every game and every interview he justs gets better!

Couldn't imagine NP or GB doing nearly as well in situation

When do you want an apology, don't you hate smugness, oh sh!t thats right, you were being smug.

Egg, face, your, on, you work it out!!!

pretty much my thoughts;

as one of the more positive/optimistic posters I was willing to see some good in Jan and the work he has tried to do.

Think he is a decent guy, and maybe with a couple of lucky home wins to break the poor streak and take the pressure off he could have done better.

As I walked into the ground yesterday and heard the team I felt we would do ok.

Sure we didn't have players of yester-year, or even Rasiak, John etc but we had;

very good keeper

decent pairing at CB

a signed LB who although I wasn't expecting great things was at least a LB

Saga back

We came off a away win and had a real chance to move on.

What I saw was, yet again the team starting very well and then after failing to get an early goal looking under pressure and increasingly panicing.

This can only get worse with each game we fail to win at home.

I am not keen on continual management changes.

Nor changing without being able to get someone better in (why I wanted GB to stay).

However, my concern is the team have got into a rut and needs a significant change to reignite them and the supporters.

A change in boardroom is looking very very unlikely.

The only other changes that could do this would be a big name signing -not going to happen. Or a new manager.

Without going over old arguments of Jan v NP, whether he should have been appointed etc, but we have all seen loads of good managers being sacked as their team gets into a rut then go onto get success elsewhere -sometimes it needs that kick.

I know teams have been relegated, stuck with managers to then do well - and I do admire this way of working. But yesterday, seeing two players whistling to the bench then shrugging their shoulders as they didn't know what to do, I have changed my mind.

I want to apologise for my comment here (although I was backing the man in charge)..they were made back in august I a feel I deserve EVERY bit of stick I get for this..

regards

TDD

You'll get no stick from me, but I've seen too many false dawns to ever have got excited. I won't even say 'I told you so' ...oops

I want to apologise for my comment here (although I was backing the man in charge)..they were made back in august I a feel I deserve EVERY bit of stick I get for this..

regards

TDD

Look in fairness you were giving the chap the benefit of the doubt, getting behind him, supporting him.

I don't think there was any smugness in your post, no "where are all the people who thought jp was sh!t" like some on the thread.

It hasn't worked (i never thought it would) time to move on!

It is funny as f*ck though reading the "JP is great" "he's better than Pearson & Burley"

How times change.;)

I must admit to posting ONCE - must have been about September - that despite constantly saying this was a stupid Lowe idea destined for failure and we ought to be searching for a takeover, I thought that perhaps I was wrong and the bloke appeared to have defied all odds and must be a genius...

But I was right first time.

GET HIM OUT. LOWE/JP MUST GO.

alpine - need bigger server if pulled you up on all your offensive or incorrect comments predicitions. Look at the context and get over your bitterness and false comments on my posts. Move on!

What possible context have I missed behind you saying people should eat humble pie because they thought the entire strategy sucked from the begining and were abused by clowns like you for it ?

Oooo, its so hard to admit you were wrong and act with a bit of humility, isnt it ?

As for incorrect predictions - LOL

We've all passed a lot of water since then. All that matters now is where we go from here. One day we will all look back on this and have a good laugh (if I'm still around).

Errrr speak for yourself sir, some of us maybe getting on in years but I for one, am displaying no such incontinence problems thus far - thank you...!!!

I might be a smug attention seeker, but at least I am a correct smug attention seeker.

Whereas you are just plain wrong and embarassed.

HTH.

I always maintained that nothing would delight you more than for this club to go down the ****ter because you care more about being right than you do about this club of ours.

Thank you for confirming my suspicions. Looks like I'm a fairly good judge of character doesn't it really.

There's a lot of other things I think you are also, I'm sure most could have stab at guessing some of them, I suspect I am pretty close to the mark with these as well.

Only an utter mong would revel in being correct about predicting our present position...

Oh....it's alpine...

I dont think he is revelling in being correct about the situation.

He's (quite rightly) turning the tables back on the people who gave him sh1t for having doubts.

You lot make me laugh, you really do.