Hats off to Lowe

TopGun

I can not honestly beleive people are going this OTT about Lowe, JP etc. We beat a team that has worst record in the history of the football league. Although Im happy about the win yesterday it is just one game.

If we had lost people would have been going mad. The best way to look at the situation is after about 10 games when have played a wider scope of team.

why cant people go over the top?

football is about enjoyment etc...and by the looks of it, all those who went really enjoyed it as did the guys on the radio...

My mate went and he was gob smacked at how a bunch of kids and (basically) a reserve team played so well and with such motivation...something, even in our play off season, was missing in large parts...

those who have been to all the games have been singing the praises of the players even when the results have gone against us..

all you can ask is that the manager and the players give it their all and if that is not good enough then so be it...giving it their all is something, even with pearson at times was something that was missing

if football fans cant get excited and must wait 10 games or so then why bother going now???

chill brother

I can not honestly beleive people are going this OTT about Lowe, JP etc. We beat a team that has worst record in the history of the football league. Although Im happy about the win yesterday it is just one game.

If we had lost people would have been going mad. The best way to look at the situation is after about 10 games when have played a wider scope of team.

There speaks the voice of reason. What are you doing on this forum? (and thanks for setting it all up, by the way)

I've said this many a time in the past. When Lowe first took over 12 years ago, he let a lot of people know that he wanted to find the means to remove the old guard, replace them by a younger, more efficient and effective board. He was constantly fighting to achieve and look to what lengths he had to go to achieve that goal. I honestly believe that Wilde was part and parcel of the plan to bring about that change, only that a certain Leon Crouch became the fly in the oinment, which resulted in a different approach.

We've had the players but beyond Strachan, Hoddle and Luggy we didn't have the motivators, managers with their hearts in the right places to get the best out of the players. Redkrapp let his doubts on his move to Saints rub off on the players, so much so they too had doubts of where the club was going.

I've often said Lowe was a visionary, before his time in history. I can only hope he'll curb his ways and continue to work silently and effectively in the background. Only the time will tell, for many, they may not live to see who was right or wrong.

I was really ambivalent when the Lowe Vs Wilde events went on two years ago. Football First has since died on its arse and the club has been financially destroyed by a bunch of lunatics.

So to Episode 2, he seems to be doing the right things so far.

well as you and others have been taking the p### out of the manager to then fret that he might be taken from us is funny.

Why ? He has taken the first step to proving himself.

I feel sorry for you if you think that once somebody had formed an opinion, that they must take the same stance thereafter for ever more without changing their mind.

Have to say though, it shows in your posts.......

Hats off to Lowe? It's a bit early for that IMO. We have played 3 and lost 2 so it is too early to make any judgement either way. Whilst its good that we beat Derby, we still have 43 games to go.

Whilst some have praised JP and co for the win against Derby, will their attitude change and get their razor blades out if we lose to Blackpool?

I agree we are heading in the right direction and playing good stuff at times. but we should still put things into perspective, one win in three against a side that haven't won for the best part of a year, yes we've played okay but it's results that count, people are talking as if our troubles are over and that we are home and dry already. However we are looking a much more focussed team and the youngsters are doing us proud we would never have strung three good performances together before. I still think we are four players away from a side that can really compete in this league a replacement for davies and another quality mid twenties defender and two strikers that are under thirty but with more experience than mcgoldrick (I realize this wont happen) I am in no way having a go at the team they've done terrific in the circumstances.

Exactly

Lets wait for a few more results before hailing Lowe as the new Messiah

Exactly

Lets wait for a few more results before hailing Lowe as the new Messiah

What I think Saturday showed was that given the space and time to play this system, it can work very well. The key to this system as opposed to all out attacking, score one more than the opponent system, is the ability to keep a clean sheet. The more clean sheets we keep, the greater our chances of doing well. Killer is a massive part of our possible success this year, and if he keeps fit, it could be an awesome season for him, and the Saints!

I find that difficult to say but his appointment of JP to lead and mentor our young team is looking bloody good currently. I am sure we will will have a few hiccoughs along the way but it's all looking rosy on the pitch right now. And the team can only get better.

Am I the only anti-Lowe guy prepared to give credit where it's due?

Not really. People are very much jumping the gun and getting very carried away. I'm all for criticism when needed but never forget credit where it IS deserved but this is certainly not the case yet.

I’m dead chuffed for the result although I only read reports so can’t judge more than that. Face value and all. Not one to be negative for the sake of it but a better test will be tonight (after being outdone tactically last time v Brum – big test for Jan to change shape and counter City as they totally outdid us 2nd half while we had no forward players) and after Blackpool will be interesting (who I consider a mediocre CCC team at that).

Frankly, one win against a struggling side who are clearly out of form and class (away or not) does not constitute the amount of over the top excited rants. It’s lovely to read, don’t get me wrong, and I truly don’t mean to be a kill joy as it does deserve praise, just a bit more level headed and more realistic. If we win, then play well against Brum Saturday then I’ll be joining in but it IS early days and Lowe has certainly not done enough to merit much applause. He had a hell of a lot to make up for, unless memories are short and optimism thoroughly misplaced.

Still, let’s wish ‘em luck (I’m yet to check the Derby highlights). I’ll be there in the Chapel Saturday, sadly not tonight due to family commitments. COYS and let’s hope Saints are a bit more physical tonight, don’t tire gone 70mins and get roasted down the flanks constantly (maybe Cork can help and Surman can tackle and not leave us exposed). We really need to have learnt QUICKLY and be much more imposing this match. It’s a steep learning curve and a crucial one.

Changing the subject – I saw an interesting article today from Mr ‘Auto Trader’ Madejski (very relevant and all too familiar) on player wages and the financial structure of CCC and football in general. Good to know others struggle and even Newcastle didn’t sell out Saturday. Has the football bubble finally burst and WILL the wage ceiling collapse (following wage packages like Frank Lampard – crazy for 5 years plus or whatever it is on 150K. I’d not pay a 35 year old 150K a week! Especially Lampard! Shows what a good agent can do eh?! Ridiculous!)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/paulfletcher/2008/08/madjeski_right_to_hit_out_at_w.html

why?

what was he saying and about what?

very critical of Jan and is appointment. Spent hours dredging up unsolicited facts on JP and posting them on here, "outing" JP as an amateur.

It's early days, but Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

one thing I do know is that player sales was clearly going to happen and not everyone will be happy

but the so called experts told me lowe and co wont back jan as he is a yes man and everything is all spin..

well, we let go a CB and got one in

also, jan wanted another striker and we got one in

I know they are on loan but that is all we can do at the mo.......but at least the club is trying to compete as much as it can and backing the manager in the same way..which goes against what the "experts" told me and other would happen..