Let's fill St.Marys for Blackpool

Delmary

That said, two of them said that if the kids continue to flourish and Lowe dosen't sell any of them in the January window, then they will be back as Lowe will have shown his commitment to the team/manager.

So they won't put any money into the club to make sure we don't have to sell anyone in January until we've not sold anyone in January.

Oh the irony...

Guest Hacienda
So they won't put any money into the club to make sure we don't have to sell anyone in January until we've not sold anyone in January.

Oh the irony...

Prehaps the past history of Lowe is the reason?

Not to a section of our support it isn't.

Of the 6 fellas I go with only 2 now attend home games but they have all been to all the away pre season friendlies and the games at Cardiff, Exeter and Derby.

The reason that they won't go to home games is Lowe. They love our new style of play and the passion of the nippers but they blame Lowe & Wilde for our current position.

That said, two of them said that if the kids continue to flourish and Lowe dosen't sell any of them in the January window, then they will be back as Lowe will have shown his commitment to the team/manager.

Will there be a prize for the most original reason for a "U-turn" a abandoning of "principals"?:)

:rolleyes:

I am refusing to go on a visit to Germany because of what Hitlers Luftwaffe did to Southampton. I will never forgive and forget. Oh, and trips to France are out because Napolean was a bastard!

To be fair, if Hitler was still the chancelor of Germany then that would be a valid reason.

I am refusing to go on a visit to Germany because of what Hitlers Luftwaffe did to Southampton. I will never forgive and forget. Oh, and trips to France are out because Napolean was a bastard!

And don't talk to me about Julius Caesar! I won't even go to Rome on Google Earth...

Guest Hacienda

I am refusing to go on a visit to Germany because of what Hitlers Luftwaffe did to Southampton.

My parents, both who were bombed out during the raids on Soton, would say that is fair enough :o

Not to a section of our support it isn't.

Of the 6 fellas I go with only 2 now attend home games but they have all been to all the away pre season friendlies and the games at Cardiff, Exeter and Derby.

The reason that they won't go to home games is Lowe. They love our new style of play and the passion of the nippers but they blame Lowe & Wilde for our current position.

Can't the other four work out that "the new style of play and the passion of the nippers" is entirely due to Lowe appointing Poortvliet and getting rid/trying to get rid of our less passionate older players? You can't blame Lowe for all the club's ills and yet find anything good that happens to be in spite of him. That's just not logical.

To be fair, if Hitler was still the chancelor of Germany then that would be a valid reason.

It would surely depend on whether we were still at war or whether relations between us and Germany were on a more stable footing. Hirohito stayed Emporer of Japan long after WW2. Didn`t stop relations between us and Japan coming on in leaps and bounds after 1945.

The point that I was trying to make (probably in a daft way) is that the past is the past. Learn lessons - yes, but we are where we are and it`s about going forward - not continuosly looking back.

Guest Hacienda
It would surely depend on whether we were still at war or whether relations between us and Germany were on a more stable footing. Hirohito stayed Emporer of Japan long after WW2. Didn`t stop relations between us and Japan coming on in leaps and bounds after 1945.

The point that I was trying to make (probably in a daft way) is that the past is the past. Learn lessons - yes, but we are where we are and it`s about going forward - not continuosly looking back.

The old "Those who don't learn from the past are doomed to repeat it" malarky could come into play though and that's an issue for some regarding Lowe.

I have to be totally honest and say that I think the people that wish to stay away from Southampton based on their political feelings for the board etc are, in the main, deluding themselves. For starters it seems that most of the ones on here live quite far away and therefore do not go that often anyway. That lot down the road were much more vocal than us with their hatred towards Redknapp when he went back there and he has totally turned that opinion around. He is actually somebody directly attached to the football side of things too and not a paper shuffling background geezer. A few wins and people stop talking about non entity issues such as Chairmen and Boards.

Just to jump on the bandwagon though, I for one am never going to fly to the moon until Gordon Brown gives me free petrol.

The old "Those who don't learn from the past are doomed to repeat it" malarky could come into play though and that's an issue for some regarding Lowe.

People stopped supporting Aldershot, Bradford PA and Accrington Stanley - is that the history we are doomed to repeat?

I didn't want to see Lowe back. I haven't supported Southampton since 1954 to want to see anything but the football. I can't really see any other reason to be a supporter.

In the 54 years, the directors took a back seat until the arrival of Lowe. I don't subscribe to the way he became the story. Football is the be all and end all of the football club.

In recent years the football has been trash, the young team is now playing the kind of football only the likes of Arsenal played and I drooled over.

There is no way I am going to miss one minute of the entertainment we have enjoyed.

Everybody has a free choice, I have made mine, I would be miserable sitting listening to games and wishing I was there. Principles are great but when it is the dislike of one man against supporting the team I really can't see that as a matter of principle.

It rather appears to me, more of being backed into a corner.