Let's fill St.Marys for Blackpool

Delmary

Yorkie shouldn't flatter himself by imagining that Lowe would bother reading the rubbish that gets posted on here - including my own! I will be at the SMS on Saturday, despite the game being on TV, and I'll enjoy it more knowing that people with the Yorkie attitude are staying away. Thanks for helping to create a more supportive atmosphere for the real fans.

Yeah I know how guys like you feel about as "non-supporters".

However at Derby on Saturday, I was there with about 1,100 other Saints fans giving it large and losing my voice through singing them on...but my contribution does nothing for the team or atmosphere!

REAL fans - don't make me laugh!

In the first ousting of this cancer - I went out a bought shares so I could attend the EGM. It was called off at the last minute because the man walked. I was going to attend the second EGM and put my point of view forward again, but another resignation saw that cancelled.

I have probably invested more money in following SFC than you have ever earned! I am a fan, and some might say a supporter - but I am not a customer. As soon as I became a customer I reconsidered my position. The dross being served up by the club (and the board are the club) was absolute rubbish - not worth £5 of my money. We sold our best players and got lots of has beens on frees - but the wages crippled us. We had no team - it was me him and that other bloke on £15k/week - the rest of you are crap!

I am really pleased for all you loyal fans who are now watching decent football - the side you deserve. I will watch from afar and on TV - and may visit Southampton on matchdays to meet with friends and chat about football. However it will be a cold day in hell before I set foot inside SMS - unless RL has nothing more to do with my club. The club represents the City I was brought up in - not Rupert Lowe's PLC.

Guest Hacienda

However at Derby on Saturday, I was there with about 1,100 other Saints fans giving it large and losing my voice through singing them on...but my contribution does nothing for the team or atmosphere!

REAL fans - don't make me laugh!

In the first ousting of this cancer - I went out a bought shares so I could attend the EGM. It was called off at the last minute because the man walked. I was going to attend the second EGM and put my point of view forward again, but another resignation saw that cancelled.

I have probably invested more money in following SFC than you have ever earned! I am a fan, and some might say a supporter - but I am not a customer. As soon as I became a customer I reconsidered my position. The dross being served up by the club (and the board are the club) was absolute rubbish - not worth £5 of my money. We sold our best players and got lots of has beens on frees - but the wages crippled us. We had no team - it was me him and that other bloke on £15k/week - the rest of you are crap!

I am really pleased for all you loyal fans who are now watching decent football - the side you deserve. I will watch from afar and on TV - and may visit Southampton on matchdays to meet with friends and chat about football. However it will be a cold day in hell before I set foot inside SMS - unless RL has nothing more to do with my club. The club represents the City I was brought up in - not Rupert Lowe's PLC.

I agree 100%.

However, this young team are playing with a verve and elan that we, as Saints fans, have been waiting for for a long, long time.

Because of that they really do deserve my/our support. I said I'd near set foot in SMS again with Lowe back at the helm but these young lionhearts have done something I didn't believe possible, they've made me believe and I'll be buying tickets for my son and I for Saturday.

It may all end in tears but these youngsters deserve all of us geting behind them.

Fook Lowe. Fook Wilde. Come on you Saints.

The lads are playing some of the best football seen in years. They are playing with their hearts on their sleeves. It's now our turn to show our commitment to the cause just like the lads on the field.

GET DOWN TO ST.MARYS NEXT SATURDAY. YOUR TEAM NEEDS YOU.

Absolutely right!! the young players deserve our support!! COYR

I agree 100%.

However, this young team are playing with a verve and elan that we, as Saints fans, have been waiting for for a long, long time.

Because of that they really do deserve my/our support. I said I'd near set foot in SMS again with Lowe back at the helm but these young lionhearts have done something I didn't believe possible, they've made me believe and I'll be buying tickets for my son and I for Saturday.

It may all end in tears but these youngsters deserve all of us geting behind them.

Well done Hacienda, I follow the players and team on the pitch not the boardroom, good that you are coming round to football and not who is running the club. Hats off to you.

There is one answer to this and that is for the team to play really well on saturday so that all those watching on telly can see what is actually happening and it may encourage bigger crowds for the future.

If the game is poor and we lose then all the stay aways will remain so.

I agree 100%.

+1.

It's about time everybody forgot about Lowe,Wilde...etc. They are here now & won't be going anywhere for the foreseeable future. Surely it's more important to get down to SMS to get behind these lads & give them as much support as possible & help them carry on playing this way to get us back to the prem.

I hate Lowe just as the next person but it's about supporting SFC & the players that are currently putting on that shirt & starting to play some of the best football we've seen in bloody ages.

However at Derby on Saturday, I was there with about 1,100 other Saints fans giving it large and losing my voice through singing them on...but my contribution does nothing for the team or atmosphere! REAL fans - don't make me laugh!

Pleased to see your post Yorkie, and sorry if I gave any offence.

I've been following Saints since 1958, my 50th anniversary is literally this month, the first season in the combined Div 3, so like you I've spent a lot of time and money following the team. Unfortunately in football these days, very few clubs belong to their fans or their cities any more, as more clubs become rich men's playthings. But the fact is, every club needs someone at the top with business management skills, or fans risk seeing their club sink, and you only have to look at the Blue Square Prem to see how many that's happened to.

Until someone better comes along, we have to get on with what we've got, but change needs to be for the better, not the worse. One thing that is great for those of us watching, like you at Derby and me at SMS this week, is that we are watching a team with a good smattering of locally developed players who, having spent their teens here, have a genuine link to the city. A side with nine players qualified to play for England is also pretty unusual these days. Worth watching, and I'll be there Saturday, hopefully with 20,000 others.

I've been following Saints since 1958, my 50th anniversary is literally this month, the first season in the combined Div 3, so like you I've spent a lot of time and money following the team. Unfortunately in football these days, very few clubs belong to their fans or their cities any more, as more clubs become rich men's playthings. But the fact is, every club needs someone at the top with business management skills, or fans risk seeing their club sink, and you only have to look at the Blue Square Prem to see how many that's happened to.

Until someone better comes along, we have to get on with what we've got, but change needs to be for the better, not the worse. One thing that is great for those of us watching, like you at Derby and me at SMS this week, is that we are watching a team with a good smattering of locally developed players who, having spent their teens here, have a genuine link to the city. A side with nine players qualified to play for England is also pretty unusual these days. Worth watching, and I'll be there Saturday, hopefully with 20,000 others.

Who cares! You're going to St.Marys on Sat which is fantastic. Who else is going?\\:D/

After all the years of misery and disappointment we have had to put up with, I can't believe we seem to be having some luck at last. How we managed to get hold of the likes of Holmes and Schneiderlin, I will never know. Then the fact someone managed to persuade them to come here makes the mind boggle. Then the two "Dutch jokers", who would have believed that what only existed on paper, actually worked better on grass? I am in seventh heaven at the moment and still cannot believe what is happening. I don't know what made Wilde and Lowe kiss and make up, or why Wilde had the same vision as Lowe with the Dutch, but I do not care, I am just grateful. I knew our Academy products were good, but until these two Dutch jokers came along, I never knew how good and how much we had wasted them in the past. Happy days.

Looking back there are all the tell tale signs that Lowe wanted to do this for a long time, but obviously the risk led elsewhere. Only because of the financial position we got ourselves in did all this make sense and the risk viable. This I believe is what turned Wilde around, nothing else gave any real hope due to our horrendous position. Every fan with teams who have been in our position, dream about about stars emerging from the youth and saving the club. Very few ever get the chance to see it happen.

I see myself as a fan first, a supporter second and never as a customer. Perhaps my outburst was uncalled for and aimed at some of the spotty faced oiks who seen it all and done it all before they were 17!

I can only boast a few years less than yourself watching the lads, but come January 2009 I will hit 50. It was my plan to have a corporate day with my good lady before the events of last May - now I will be spending it in The Dales supping some Theakston Ale from the brewery tap room.

My wife hates football with a passion, but she understands that some things she will never change. In nearly 30-years of married life she has never stopped me going to a game, never told me I am wasting my money, or tried to tell me to follow another team. Like all good things in my life she is reliable and faithful...just like I used to be trotting down to The Dell or SMS and handing over my money week after week. Even in "The Branfoot Days" I went until I was made redundant, then finances dictated I could no longer go. Mr Lowe not only knew there were 15-20,000 just like me every week - he took me and lots of others for granted when he called us customers...it truly shows he knows anything about being a football fan. Perhaps he gets more passionate about a chukka on the polo pitch - although I believe hockey is his preferred game of choice?

Who knows I may just have to eat my words come January - after all it is my birthday! Perhaps I could wangle an all expenses paid lavish day corporately entertaining on my expense account? Not my money then is it - but that goes against all I believe in.

I always said I would pick and chose my games, and living so far away I chose not to come to SMS at all, whereas before I would get down at least 5/6 times a season.

What I saw at Derby was what this club has been crying out for years. People who play because they like playing - not because Saints offered a better contract than Spurs. How long it takes for some of the lads to be approached, and poached from us is just pure speculation. This truly is a team - you could see it on the pitch. Everybody had a job - but when Stern John came on he looked totally out of sorts. If the likes of Rasiak, Skacel or any of the other senior statesmen in the middle (or up front) tried to slot in they would be woefully short of the mark. This team has pace - sometimes they are too quick. This team can actually pass to another player in the side. They have confidence with a hint of arrogance. I hope they remember they enjoy playing at Saints because they have grown up together - and play for us for many years like Mike Channon and Matthew Le Tissier. It would be nice for the players to show the same loyalty as the fans - but there I go again with my idealistic views...money always talks.

So just remember - when Gillet, Lallana, et al are all sold because the club can't afford to keep them...their wage demands are too high, and we got an offer we couldn't refuse, or we had to let them go or they would have gone for nothing...Rupert will put the PLC first before the fan. He has come back to exploit what's left of the assets in the club (the academy) for his PLC's financial gain.

I really hope I am wrong but come January 2009 or perhaps August 2009 depending on our position in the league, all the promise will evaporate in a cloud of transfers, because the PLC cannot survive. It's a business not a rich mans hobby...unless...

What I saw at Derby was what this club has been crying out for years. People who play because they like playing - not because Saints offered a better contract than Spurs. How long it takes for some of the lads to be approached, and poached from us is just pure speculation. This truly is a team - you could see it on the pitch. Everybody had a job - but when Stern John came on he looked totally out of sorts. If the likes of Rasiak, Skacel or any of the other senior statesmen in the middle (or up front) tried to slot in they would be woefully short of the mark. This team has pace - sometimes they are too quick. This team can actually pass to another player in the side. They have confidence with a hint of arrogance. I hope they remember they enjoy playing at Saints because they have grown up together - and play for us for many years like Mike Channon and Matthew Le Tissier. It would be nice for the players to show the same loyalty as the fans - but there I go again with my idealistic views...money always talks.

So just remember - when Gillet, Lallana, et al are all sold because the club can't afford to keep them...their wage demands are too high, and we got an offer we couldn't refuse, or we had to let them go or they would have gone for nothing...Rupert will put the PLC first before the fan. He has come back to exploit what's left of the assets in the club (the academy) for his PLC's financial gain.

I really hope I am wrong but come January 2009 or perhaps August 2009 depending on our position in the league, all the promise will evaporate in a cloud of transfers, because the PLC cannot survive. It's a business not a rich mans hobby...unless...

Firstly, whether you go to SMS or not is entirely your own affair and as you live so far away I'm amazed you ever came at all.

But I'm having real trouble following your logic. You talk about all the fine things you saw at the Derby game but how do you think they came about? It didn't just happen. It was the board who appointed JP and the board who dictated that the youngsters must be given a chance while they tried to get rid of the highly paid older players. Now this was in itself a mixture of necessity to stop us going bankrupt but also because Lowe has long had this vision that we should develop our own home grown players as much as possible. The aims are two-fold: to give us a team and to provide an income when they eventually want to better themselves at a bigger club. Lowe has been quite open about this, there's no hidden agenda.

It seems to me to be a sensible business model for a club without rich backers. And we're beginning to see problems among clubs who thought they had rich backers (eg Man City, Pompey). The bubble hasn't burst yet but it's showing signs of wear. I'd rather we lived within our means and if that means selling players (as we and every other club has always done) then that's just a fact of life; though obviously I'd prefer to hang on to our good ones for as long as possible. And , of course, the more income generated from fans or customers (what's in a name?) means that we can afford to pay a little more and keep our talent for a little longer.

I'll be there - I go to watch football not rupert lowe! Personally I have never liked him but do I let him ruin my enjoyment - no I don't. If like me you've supported saints man and boy then you know you need to be there - the politics are temporary - the passion never goes away!! COYRAWM

We are only in this position because we have no money and had to play the youngsters. Could I suggest everybody stays away on Saturday and watches the game on the telly. We dont want to inadvertently fund the purchase of another lazy pampered poddle who doesn't give a toss about anything but his pay check.........

My problem is they are on 'LIVE' here in Cali but at 4.45am, which I don't mind however there are no establishments open to watch it at that time of day. My cable provider does not have the staion (Setanta).

So how the fu¢k am I gonna see our lads? Suggestions please, any smart live feed thing or something?

The lads are playing some of the best football seen in years. They are playing with their hearts on their sleeves. It's now our turn to show our commitment to the cause just like the lads on the field.

GET DOWN TO ST.MARYS NEXT SATURDAY. YOUR TEAM NEEDS YOU.

I would love too mate, but do not have the funds to go trans-atlantic at the moment, but i am heartened by all of the comments I have read on this thread. So please all of you give them a cheer for me.

My problem is they are on 'LIVE' here in Cali but at 4.45am, which I don't mind however there are no establishments open to watch it at that time of day. My cable provider does not have the staion (Setanta).

So how the fu¢k am I gonna see our lads? Suggestions please, any smart live feed thing or something?

http://www.fsicrew.info.

Not the best quality mind.

We are only in this position because we have no money and had to play the youngsters. Could I suggest everybody stays away on Saturday and watches the game on the telly. We dont want to inadvertently fund the purchase of another lazy pampered poddle who doesn't give a toss about anything but his pay check.........
What a on earth is behind such a post? Not only unpleasant, but also inaccurate.

The club could have continued playing Euell and Skacel, or could have renegotiated with some of the released players, but clearly the coach knows who has the capabilities for his playing system, or he believes that his current first choice players are better.

Neither is the club simply playing its reserves. It has promoted players who were ready for the first team but has also brought in a string of signings - Perry, Schneiderlin, Holmes, Forecast, Wotton, Cork, Pekhart.

The club is not without money, it is simply working to a budget, and a tight budget, but the evidence shows that this does not preclude spending what it can afford. It will be able to afford more as it earns gate money. Wishing that people would not go to matches is as good as wishing the club to fold, which is hardly the attitude of a Saints fan.

After all the years of misery and disappointment we have had to put up with, I can't believe we seem to be having some luck at last. How we managed to get hold of the likes of Holmes and Schneiderlin, I will never know. Then the fact someone managed to persuade them to come here makes the mind boggle. Then the two "Dutch jokers", who would have believed that what only existed on paper, actually worked better on grass? I am in seventh heaven at the moment and still cannot believe what is happening. I don't know what made Wilde and Lowe kiss and make up, or why Wilde had the same vision as Lowe with the Dutch, but I do not care, I am just grateful. I knew our Academy products were good, but until these two Dutch jokers came along, I never knew how good and how much we had wasted them in the past. Happy days.

Looking back there are all the tell tale signs that Lowe wanted to do this for a long time, but obviously the risk led elsewhere. Only because of the financial position we got ourselves in did all this make sense and the risk viable. This I believe is what turned Wilde around, nothing else gave any real hope due to our horrendous position. Every fan with teams who have been in our position, dream about about stars emerging from the youth and saving the club. Very few ever get the chance to see it happen.

Agree totally with the above. Whatever we say about Lowe, we can't change the past - we're in the here and now. Watched a couple of pre-season (against West Ham we were awesome) games and started feeling good. Talked to a couple of mates who saw the Cardiff game who said we were unlucky but were still playing the kind of football that I had witnessed in pre-season. Saw the Birmingham league game myself and witnessed for 45 minutes, some excellent entertainment - 3-1 at half time would not have been an injustice. At Derby, by all reports it was more of the same but for longer. On Tuesday, it was the same as Derby. I've had belief in this side since I saw them pre-season. I'm not saying we'll get promoted, we'll hit the play offs or whatever. But its great entertainmnent - its football the way its meant to be played and its being played by kids who for the most part, have come through SFC. They want to play for Saints - sure, they will want to better their career and be picked up by bigger teams and who would begrudge them that? We're not in a posistion to offer them the massive wages they will undoubtedly command in years to come or even half a season. We are able to offer them a chance to play, to express themselves, and to play with (in a manner of speaking) their mates that they have grown up with. They're living thier dream. They want to play. And it looks as if they want to play with us.

I can't be there Saturday as I'm at one of my best mates wedding. Doubt I'll be able to watch anymore than the first 45 minutes. And I am truly gutted. Whatever happends to this team, they've made me proud again. I can walk into work with a smile. Its almost as if, they're a secret and nobody really knows about them. By December, I truly believe most people will.

JP on The OS pretty much sums it up

"Honestly though I think if the next game was today, the boys would be happy. They want to go out and play again - they don't want to rest...Lloyd James for example on Saturday at Derby was injured. On Sunday he knocked on my door and said he was fit and wanted to play."

People don't have to go and watch the club to call themselves fans - but believe it when the people who do go and watch them are saying you are missing out. We don't know how long we've got of this. Don't begrudge us enjoying it while it lasts and calling for all the other stay-aways to come and join in. Its our club, and god knows we've had some crap over the last few years. But something is stirring. The air has changed at SMS. There's optimism. Let us have that.

For god sake, just enjoy it!

I used to make regular trips up from Plymouth for home games which stopped during last year..

I admit I stopped going as the football was crap and boring....

NOW, I am utterly gutted I am working sat and will have to watch the game there...the next game I can make is the Barnsley (H) which seems like a lifetime away....

Tim if it's any help, it's Sky not Setanta over here. Setanta don't do Football League.

Prof join the club.. Said to the wife last year thats 50 years since my Dad

started taking me to the Dell. I added maybe I will get a tankard. She suggested

some new medication as the old lot obviously not working.

All ended well they bought me a loyal Southampton Supporter Mug.

PS Keep taking the medication.

I cant stand lowe and wish he would feck off however I would never let my feelings towards the board stop me from supporting the team I dont care about the whys or where we are playing the kids the point is they are playing for the Saints and playing good attractive football they deserve our support and it is enjoyable to watch so get down to St marys and suport our TEAM COYR

I think the crowd is swelling to such a size that they will have to open the Itchen North Stand...

We're The Itchen

We're The Itchen

We're The Itchen over 'ere!

There must be something lost with that corner of the ground closed...just a thought?

Just back from holiday although I have been keeping abreast of the Poortvliet revolution while abroad !

I can't wait to get to SMS tomorrow and see for myself how well this team of young guns and wise old heads is playing.

The write ups in the press have rather wet the appetite shall we say, and my Brummie supporting work colleague ( who is normally a pessimistic and cynical old bar steward), was highly complimentary in how we took his side apart in spells during both our games against them !

Viva Le Saints, Viva Jan Poortvliet !!

I don't understand this paradox of not going while lowe is in charge. Regardless the hatred all being ridiculously pantomine, if you care enough to dislike someone, why don't you care enough to watch the team regardless? like him or not, he's just trying to run the club as well as he can. disagree with him, fine, but if you choose not to go to games when you have the time and money to do so, i'm not sure how valid your opinion is.

i'm starting to think some are fighting against lowe more now because they feel stupid after the extent of the lowe out campaign last time, suggesting "anyone" would be better, and welcoming in new people who dragged the club to its knees. no doubt there's a lot of stubborn people supporting us, and most clubs, but the only important thing is we have a good young team and we're improving. we just need support.

its an excuse

its an excuse

I`ve decided that I won`t be going whilst....... Hmmmmm ....... Let see. I know. Until Saints stop wearing red and white. Purple is my favourite colour. I will not give my money to anyone who allows our team to play in those colours. Bring on the Purple Revolution!! It`s a matter of principal! I will however be going to away games when the team will be wearing Flint instead of red and white.:rolleyes:

Edited by miserableoldgit

I`ve decided that I won`t be going whilst....... Hmmmmm ....... Let see. I know. Until Saints stop wearing red and white. Purple is my favourite colour. I will not give my money to anyone who allows our team to play in those colours. Bring on the Purple Revolution!! It`s a matter of principal! :rolleyes:

You normally wear pink.

I`ve decided that I won`t be going whilst....... Hmmmmm ....... Let see. I know. Until Saints stop wearing red and white. Purple is my favourite colour. I will not give my money to anyone who allows our team to play in those colours. Bring on the Purple Revolution!! It`s a matter of principal! I will however be going to away games when the team will be wearing Flint instead of red and white.:rolleyes:

Maybe we should wear orange against Blackpool in honour of the Dutch ;)

its an excuse

Not to a section of our support it isn't.

Of the 6 fellas I go with only 2 now attend home games but they have all been to all the away pre season friendlies and the games at Cardiff, Exeter and Derby.

The reason that they won't go to home games is Lowe. They love our new style of play and the passion of the nippers but they blame Lowe & Wilde for our current position.

That said, two of them said that if the kids continue to flourish and Lowe dosen't sell any of them in the January window, then they will be back as Lowe will have shown his commitment to the team/manager.

Not to a section of our support it isn't.

The reason that they won't go to home games is Lowe. They love our new style of play and the passion of the nippers but they blame Lowe & Wilde for our current position.

I really don't see the connection - ah well, if it makes them feel better...