Let's fill St.Marys for Blackpool

Delmary

Guest Hacienda
pedg[/left];26770]and plenty think its more a case of cutting of your nose to spite your face.

You're entitled to your opinion, same as everybody else. However, I'm pretty sure I'll manage to soldier on not giving a toss what you think.

after illness Saturday will be my first game this season.

really lookin forward to it.

in many ways it will help define our season, will we be able to beat a side at SMS who put 11 men behind the ball.

as has often been sain in the past beating Derby will be pointless if we lose to blackpool.

coyr

I'm not coming but going to my local for SKY coverage.

I will try and spend the entrance money on beer - alas I would miss the second half trying to get my 10th pint down!

Rupert if you read this - my money is never being spent at SMS until you are well and truly no longer involvded with the football club.

Sorry but that is a sad attitude. I wanted to say tosser but I guess you make your choice and take your chance.

For me the more money that comes into this club now makes it less likely that the team will be sold off. Your attitude and others like you IMO are damaging this club even further whilst strengthening other clubs by only passing your hard earned money to them.

All IMO of course, but I think the word supporter means more than supporting the team with cheering etc but also supporting the club financially by paying to watch the team.

Sorry but that is a sad attitude. I wanted to say tosser but I guess you make your choice and take your chance.

For me the more money that comes into this club now makes it less likely that the team will be sold off. Your attitude and others like you IMO are damaging this club even further whilst strengthening other clubs by only passing your hard earned money to them.

All IMO of course, but I think the word supporter means more than supporting the team with cheering etc but also supporting the club financially by paying to watch the team.

Completely agree. It's also the old adage of cutting your nose off to spite your face. Very sad situation a lot of Saints fans find themselves in.

its a vicious circle, fans stay away because we have to sell players, the income drops and so we have to sell more players which in turn makes them more determined not to go.

I wonder if these people if we did manage (unlikely ) to make the play-offs will sneak into the games?

I will try and spend the entrance money on beer - alas I would miss the second half trying to get my 10th pint down!

Rupert if you read this - my money is never being spent at SMS until you are well and truly no longer involvded with the football club.

This is pathetic. How desperately sad that this is your set of priorities. If all fans thought this way the club would cease to exist and it would be the fans' fault. How petty that the whole club should suffer just because you despise the chairman when finally there are players on the pitch that deserve a full stadium of fans cheering them on. if we were filling the stadium each week maybe sooner or later we wouldn't have to flog off a player when an offer came in and could judge the sale on the benefit of the club rather than the benefit of not going into administration as is currently the case. Someone spending money on beer rather than your own club is a desperately sad state of affairs. You might as well support someone else if you let one person keep you away from the club you 'support'.

Never said I was a supporter - always been a fan myself!

Everyone is entitled to a point of view - I was prepared to give RL a second chance but his arrogance and attitute towards the "supporters" has not changed since the days when Theo was sold. Yeah he got us a good deal - he could have gone for nothing (so they say) but he couldn't give a toss about the club I follow, fellow fans or current playing/coaching staff.

I am a fan - I was a member for many years, I joined the Trust to ensure the Wilde cause beat Lowe and took control, and I went to games home and away. Nowadays I watch what I can when I can. It's my choice not to spend at SMS - like not buying ESSO or BP fuel. Awaydays are much more fun anyway...anyway where can I go he's shut the Itchen North - my preferred home location.

It's not difficult for me to say no - as I have over a 500-mile round trip to SMS, and that cannot be supported by my meagre wages week in and week out. If I lived in Southampton not going to SMS would be much harder, but then I'd have he radio to listen to for updates or commentary.

I feel as though I am taking the morally high ground by standing by my decision not to go to SMS. I loathe Rupert Lowe after everything he has done to our club since not backing WGS after the Cup Final. If we were so attractive why has no external investment been obtained - it has to be down to the Chairmen and their egoes and what say they want in the new regime.

The sooner we get RL and his pals out of our club the better...but I'm not holding my breath.

So for me it's away games and SKY TV until he's a goner.

Of course I'm not a real fan, only 40+ years following them home and away...I am not worthy of any respect for my opinions or methods adopted to oust the cancer within the club.

I'm bitter - yes I'm bitter. We should never have got relegated, but thanks to a blinkered vision at the top (We're too good to be relegated) we did. I've got over that and still hurt when we lose, and feel elated when we win.

It may not hurt the club me not going, I doubt if £30 every 2-weeks contributes to Rasiak's or Skacel's salaries very much, so get off my back. Unless of course you multiply my stance by the other 2/3,000 who aren't going? Look at the crowds - nothing to do with RL or the team is it? So why don't we get 30,000 week in and week out? Questions I bet the current board ask themselves...but nothing to do with me is it, after all I'm the only one!

SFC should take a leaf out of Bradford's books - cheap prices and the crowds are up! What about payback to some of the fans...oops sorry financial supporters of the club? After all if it wasn't for all your supporters the club would be bankrupt without the Premiership money. Well Rupert you should have thought of that before you got us relegated...now you need every penny from supporters and fans alike.

Never said I was a supporter - always been a fan myself!

Everyone is entitled to a point of view - I was prepared to give RL a second chance but his arrogance and attitute towards the "supporters" has not changed since the days when Theo was sold. Yeah he got us a good deal - he could have gone for nothing (so they say) but he couldn't give a toss about the club I follow, fellow fans or current playing/coaching staff.

I am a fan - I was a member for many years, I joined the Trust to ensure the Wilde cause beat Lowe and took control, and I went to games home and away. Nowadays I watch what I can when I can. It's my choice not to spend at SMS - like not buying ESSO or BP fuel. Awaydays are much more fun anyway...anyway where can I go he's shut the Itchen North - my preferred home location.

It's not difficult for me to say no - as I have over a 500-mile round trip to SMS, and that cannot be supported by my meagre wages week in and week out. If I lived in Southampton not going to SMS would be much harder, but then I'd have he radio to listen to for updates or commentary.

I feel as though I am taking the morally high ground by standing by my decision not to go to SMS. I loathe Rupert Lowe after everything he has done to our club since not backing WGS after the Cup Final. If we were so attractive why has no external investment been obtained - it has to be down to the Chairmen and their egoes and what say they want in the new regime.

The sooner we get RL and his pals out of our club the better...but I'm not holding my breath.

So for me it's away games and SKY TV until he's a goner.

Of course I'm not a real fan, only 40+ years following them home and away...I am not worthy of any respect for my opinions or methods adopted to oust the cancer within the club.

I'm bitter - yes I'm bitter. We should never have got relegated, but thanks to a blinkered vision at the top (We're too good to be relegated) we did. I've got over that and still hurt when we lose, and feel elated when we win.

It may not hurt the club me not going, I doubt if £30 every 2-weeks contributes to Rasiak's or Skacel's salaries very much, so get off my back. Unless of course you multiply my stance by the other 2/3,000 who aren't going? Look at the crowds - nothing to do with RL or the team is it? So why don't we get 30,000 week in and week out? Questions I bet the current board ask themselves...but nothing to do with me is it, after all I'm the only one!

SFC should take a leaf out of Bradford's books - cheap prices and the crowds are up! What about payback to some of the fans...oops sorry financial supporters of the club? After all if it wasn't for all your supporters the club would be bankrupt without the Premiership money. Well Rupert you should have thought of that before you got us relegated...now you need every penny from supporters and fans alike.

I dont know where to start with the misconceptions, hoary old myths and downright untruths - so I wont. Basically you dont go because you live too far away like Hacienda -thats fine. Just dont wrap it up in blanket of pseudo principals rather than practicality - that just makes you look slimy.

I dont know where to start with the misconceptions, hoary old myths and downright untruths - so I wont. Basically you dont go because you live too far away like Hacienda -thats fine. Just dont wrap it up in blanket of pseudo principals rather than practicality - that just makes you look slimy.

Why is it so difficult to understand that some fans believe very strongly that Rupert Lowe is a bad thing for this club and therefore do not wish to support his regime?

There are also a lot of fans who refuse to go so long as we continue to sell our best players. I can't blame them for not going either.

After all, Rupes spent 10 years treating fans as 'customers'. Well now that is going to come back and bite him in the arse.

Why is it so difficult to understand that some fans believe very strongly that Rupert Lowe is a bad thing for this club and therefore do not wish to support his regime?

There are also a lot of fans who refuse to go so long as we continue to sell our best players. I can't blame them for not going either.

After all, Rupes spent 10 years treating fans as 'customers'. Well now that is going to come back and bite him in the arse.

We've always sold our best players - its no different now to the way its always been.

We've always sold our best players - its no different now to the way its always been.

You know what is different? A big section of our fanbase clearly are not prepared to accept it anymore. Why else was the Brum attendance 6,000 lower than the first game of last season?

I can only assume they aren't happy with the 'product' that has been put forward by the 'company'. I just hope these kids get some results together and persuades fans to return. Otherwise, 19,000 crowds just won't cut it i'm afraid.

We're hardly in a position to hold onto players if a decent offer comes in. Even teams like spurs have had to sell their top players, ie. Keane and possibly Berbatov. If the player says he wants to go, ie. Andrew Davies, there is very little the club can do... even Real Madrid look set to loose Robinho, but then again Southampton are a much bigger and financially sound club than Real Madrid :rolleyes:

We're hardly in a position to hold onto players if a decent offer comes in. Even teams like spurs have had to sell their top players, ie. Keane and possibly Berbatov. If the player says he wants to go, ie. Andrew Davies, there is very little the club can do... even Real Madrid look set to loose Robinho, but then again Southampton are a much bigger and financially sound club than Real Madrid :rolleyes:

Remind me how much Spurs got for Keane and will get for Berba? Top dollar is the expression i think. 1.3 million is not top dollar for Andrew Davies in the opinion of a lot of fans who saw him captain the side and win player of the season.

You know what is different? A big section of our fanbase clearly are not prepared to accept it anymore. Why else was the Brum attendance 6,000 lower than the first game of last season?

I can only assume they aren't happy with the 'product' that has been put forward by the 'company'.

I agree. An increasing number of people only want to be associated with a glamorous 'brand' or 'name'. I saw an interesting article a few weeks ago about how Nigerian professional football is being driven to bankruptcy because the locals only want to watch Man U and Chelsea on tv. Many people now choose their team by their success rather by locality.

You can blame Lowe, or Sky, or 'the company' or the FA or anybody you like - but really its down to more people now looking for a little bit of reflected glory as they spend money to watch 'their' Man U win another cup on Sky in front of their branded tv and sipping the latest advertised lager. "Havent got Ronaldo and Berbatov in your team? -well f off then"

Complaining about the inevitable repecussions of that to the people who are stuggling to deal with the fallout is perverse.

Edited by buctootim

!. My whole life we've sold our best players.

2. Did those fans feel so strongly they stayed away from a Cup Final?

3. Just wait until we draw a glamour club in a Cup competition and then see how principled these 'Lowe stay-aways' are...

And I don't like the man either. But I do support my 'club' not those who run it who I didn't used to even know the names of.

Remind me how much Spurs got for Keane and will get for Berba? Top dollar is the expression i think. 1.3 million is not top dollar for Andrew Davies in the opinion of a lot of fans who saw him captain the side and win player of the season.

As much as I like Andrew Davies you have to compare him to any other medium to good quality CCC defender. He had not cut it in the PL and whilst he did well for us we still shipped goals and perhaps our perception of him is higher than teams who are looking for players.

Stoke have taken a gamble on his fitness.When he arrived we were told by Boro fans that he was injury prone due to the fact he went for balls he should not have gone for.Great for the fans to see but a nightmare if you want to keep a settled side.

My point was that every club is a selling club is a selling club if the price is right, and I agree 1.3 was not enough for Davies IMO. However you can't really complain that we haven't got value for money for other top players in recent years, eg. Bale, Walcott, Jones; as a championship club we couldn't have expected to get any more for them, and they wanted to go, especially Kenwyne Jones.

!. My whole life we've sold our best players.

2. Did those fans feel so strongly they stayed away from a Cup Final?

3. Just wait until we draw a glamour club in a Cup competition and then see how principled these 'Lowe stay-aways' are...

And I don't like the man either. But I do support my 'club' not those who run it who I didn't used to even know the names of.

Likewise I have seen all my heroes sold bar Paine and Le Tiss. From Davies to Channon onwards but I have learnt to realise from 1 going another appears.

Depriving our club of much needed funds will really help our cause. Still all you will be missing is some great football by a bunch of kids that want to play for us and show fight and passion, something that has been missing when Lowe was not involved with the club.

Depriving our club of much needed funds will really help our cause. Still all you will be missing is some great football by a bunch of kids that want to play for us and show fight and passion, something that has been missing when Lowe was not involved with the club.

TOTALLY agree until the last half sentence , this club had fight and passion before Lowe and will have after him.

imo it is those last few words that wind people up

I can only assume they aren't happy with the 'product' that has been put forward by the 'company'. I just hope these kids get some results together and persuades fans to return. Otherwise, 19,000 crowds just won't cut it i'm afraid.

As has already been mentioned on another thread last seasons escape with relegation on the last day plus the dross served up during the season, holiday season, credit crunch. The 'product' that was put forward by the 'company' last season was not served by Lowe. HTH

As has already been mentioned on another thread last seasons escape with relegation on the last day plus the dross served up during the season, holiday season, credit crunch. The 'product' that was put forward by the 'company' last season was not served by Lowe. HTH

Holiday season is a mute point as similar time last season we had 25k for Palace.

I hope you're right that it was last season's disaster that has put fans off. I guess we will see in a month's time when we have played a few more games. I'm not so convinced it is this though. I really do hope you're right.

Guest Hacienda
its a vicious circle, fans stay away because we have to sell players, the income drops and so we have to sell more players which in turn makes them more determined not to go.

I wonder if these people if we did manage (unlikely ) to make the play-offs will sneak into the games?

I'd only go the away leg.

I'd also only go to away games if we went up and only those that cost less than £30 as I refuse to pay more than that for footy, unless it's a one off or an international.

I think the attendance for Blackpool will be 14-15k, the lowest at St Mary's for a league game by some distance.

Whether you agree with it or not, there are a lot of fans very disillusioned with the club, and in particular Lowe's return, and as a result crowds will continue to be lower than last season.

I can't quite understand why people keep trotting out the "holiday season" reason for the low attendance against Birmingham? Was it not holiday season last August when we played Palace and got a significantly bigger attendance?

When i went to the first home game of the season,i was very surprised that so many of the regular fans that have sat/stood around me for the last five plus seasons were not there.

I suppose the free buses being taken away,corners closed and the general bad feelings towards Lowe,have taken their toll.

I understand that cuts have to be made,but what it boils down to is how the "Matchday Experience" effects the average fan.

What with last season and now all the cuts,many fans have simply had enough.

Lets hope the good football we hope is to come and we saw at Derby, can entice them back.

I think it has bugger all to do with Lowe.

I have had a season ticket for 5 years but didn't renew this year as:

a) I live in Reading and its a bit of a trek and my cars are a bit juicy.

b) I have a young son who I generally only get to spend quality time with at the weekend.

c) I spend a month or two a year overseas and miss a number of games.

d) It was ****e last year.

e) We never sell out now so can go when I feel like it.

I am sure I am not that different to others and to be honest people blaming Lowe is just a poor excuse.

I probably would have gone on Saturday but for the poor time and the fact I can watch out new squad in HD for the first time.

As soon as my lad is old enough I'll be back for the season ticket(s) :)

when I was 8 or 9 and went to cheer (probably in irratating high voice) to support saints I did it to support my home town and their team -not who was in the boardroom, this hasn't changed and won't.

Support the team not the politics and regime -spend less time reading about it on interent if it upsets you and go and enjoy the game,

Sadly SW you spoiled a good point - getting behind the lads - with a totally unneccessary reference to Lowe. I've been watching Saints since the early 1980s and you can't tell me that Jimmy Case, Neil Ruddock, MLT, ****erill and others were not playing with passion! This is aimed at all TSW users - Lowe is cutting costs and going for his because we are insolvent, not just skint. If JP keeps this standard of play up, Lowe gets a lot of credit for a brave decision but this is a holding period folks. If investment comes that clears some of the debt, Lowe and Wilde are off and I don't blame them. This club is in the crap BIG TIME, hence I will be there on Saturday. We will have to bring in investors just to keep the academy at it's current size, let alone providing more players and the club is on the very edge of administration. Let's just enjoy the football folks!

Sadly SW you spoiled a good point - getting behind the lads - with a totally unneccessary reference to Lowe. I've been watching Saints since the early 1980s and you can't tell me that Jimmy Case, Neil Ruddock, MLT, ****erill and others were not playing with passion! This is aimed at all TSW users - Lowe is cutting costs and going for his because we are insolvent, not just skint. If JP keeps this standard of play up, Lowe gets a lot of credit for a brave decision but this is a holding period folks. If investment comes that clears some of the debt, Lowe and Wilde are off and I don't blame them. This club is in the crap BIG TIME, hence I will be there on Saturday. We will have to bring in investors just to keep the academy at it's current size, let alone providing more players and the club is on the very edge of administration. Let's just enjoy the football folks!

I should of made my post a lot clearer, the passion I was referring to was last season, I hope that's cleared that up.

The lads are playing some of the best football seen in years. They are playing with their hearts on their sleeves. It's now our turn to show our commitment to the cause just like the lads on the field.

GET DOWN TO ST.MARYS NEXT SATURDAY. YOUR TEAM NEEDS YOU.

Good positive post!

I'll be there!

I think the attendance for Blackpool will be 14-15k, the lowest at St Mary's for a league game by some distance.

Whether you agree with it or not, there are a lot of fans very disillusioned with the club, and in particular Lowe's return, and as a result crowds will continue to be lower than last season.

I can't quite understand why people keep trotting out the "holiday season" reason for the low attendance against Birmingham? Was it not holiday season last August when we played Palace and got a significantly bigger attendance?

Nothing to do with the game being on sky then? ;-)

Personally I think if you are using Rupert Lowe as a reason to not go to games ergo in turn finacially fook us over its a bit childish. Its like saying oh I don't like my boss I'll stop going to work or my wife is no longer the beautiful young woman I married 30 years ago! He's back, no one is willing to buy us so I'd suggest dealing with it or finding another club! Personally my only reason for not attending this season will be money. Yes we've sold a few big name players, yes we didnt get the best deal for Davies but we know maybe 1% about the transfer dealings lets face it no one on here is REALLY in the know ... yes I include Wilde in that!

Yorkie shouldn't flatter himself by imagining that Lowe would bother reading the rubbish that gets posted on here - including my own! I will be at the SMS on Saturday, despite the game being on TV, and I'll enjoy it more knowing that people with the Yorkie attitude are staying away. Thanks for helping to create a more supportive atmosphere for the real fans.

Yorkie shouldn't flatter himself by imagining that Lowe would bother reading the rubbish that gets posted on here - including my own! I will be at the SMS on Saturday, despite the game being on TV, and I'll enjoy it more knowing that people with the Yorkie attitude are staying away. Thanks for helping to create a more supportive atmosphere for the real fans.
You might not agree with his stance but your response is uncalled for and childish. Personally I hope Yorkie will realise that the only person he is affecting with his non-attendance is himself but I understand his reasons.

I'm really disappointed that I couldn't be there to see the 2-0 win over Brum. I'm not going to miss Saturday's win over Blackpool!

The game being on TV makes it even more worthwhile being there, as I can watch the recording after I get home and enjoy it twice!

I bet Rupert is really concerned by this! Muppet.