Rebel

If you don't mind I will refrain from describing his signing as "great" or "excellent" until I see him play and if you mean he helped S****horpe get relegated means he is proven then I think your standards are a little low.

He may well turn out to be a good acquisition but lets not pump this up too much for Christ's sake.

imagesin6.jpg

I thought he played forward in midfield for S****horpe against us last year. I may be wrong but I remember thinking that he would do well on loan to us. I may be incorrect but I thought everything went through him.

If you don't mind I will refrain from describing his signing as "great" or "excellent" until I see him play and if you mean he helped S****horpe get relegated means he is proven then I think your standards are a little low.

He may well turn out to be a good acquisition but lets not pump this up too much for Christ's sake.

Fair enough mate, I'm not trying to rile you. Many of us are calling this a great signing because we have seen him play and think it's a great signing in, as I mentioned, a problem position. He may have "helped S****horpe get relegated", but he was their player of the season and played quite excellently against us. When we got relegated we still had players in the team like Niemi and Crouch who hadn't become sh*t by association.

When we sign a player many of us know to be good, surely we can be allowed the space of a thread to be happy about it? Sure, he might do terribly for us, there's never any guarantee. We could sign Messi and he might not hack it in the CCC. But we've signed a good player.

One man's public "refraining" from celebration is another man's p1ssing on good spirits.

I'm always optimistic when we sign young players like Cork, but the fact that many of us have also seen him play and remember him playing well, is a bonus. As per usual, I don't see anyone claiming that this will guarente us results or anything silly like that, but there's nothing wrong in having the belief and faith in him that he will deliver good performances for us.

Welcome Jack...

One man does not make a team, some players can stand out even in a relegation side.

Why do Chelsea bother with a youth team at all ? virtually any kid they scout and develop has Sweet FA chance of breaking into their first team as CFC can easily afford to buy one of the world football's best players to fill any position .

The sooner UEFA/FIFA bring in regulations regarding a minimum number of home-grown players a club must field the better IMO . In the meantime welcome aboard Jack Cork - we need all the help we can get !

Edited by CHAPEL END CHARLIE

Why do Chelsea bother with a youth team at all ? virtually any kid they scout and develop has Sweet FA chance of breaking into their first team as CFC can easily afford to buy one of the world football's best players to fill any position .

The sooner UEFA/FIFA bring in regulations regarding a minimum number of home-grown players a club must field the better IMO . In the meantime welcome aboard Jack Cork - we need all the help we can get !

John Terry disagrees.

Fair enough mate, I'm not trying to rile you. Many of us are calling this a great signing because we have seen him play and think it's a great signing in, as I mentioned, a problem position. He may have "helped S****horpe get relegated", but he was their player of the season and played quite excellently against us. When we got relegated we still had players in the team like Niemi and Crouch who hadn't become sh*t by association.

When we sign a player many of us know to be good, surely we can be allowed the space of a thread to be happy about it? Sure, he might do terribly for us, there's never any guarantee. We could sign Messi and he might not hack it in the CCC. But we've signed a good player.

One man's public "refraining" from celebration is another man's p1ssing on good spirits.

OK if you have seen him play and you were impressed then you have the right to be happy and I'm glad we have signed him. What irks me is the people on here who had never even heard of him until today but were going OTT. Like someone said its not the hope that gets you its the despair and to big up things without evidence leads to despair when it goes boots up.

I think you probably know what I mean. I shall look at him with renewed interest.