Anthony Pulis

Thedelldays

In the last few weeks I was getting concerned you were going over to the dark side.This post shows you have not lost your marbles and is very apt.

Actually I have been terminally depressed as I missed out on a biz trip that would have taken in a lot of beer with ericofarabia at SMS for Brum & Derby.

Then on top of that I was suffering from acute shock at the way we have decided football should be played.

Then add to that the utter astonishment that this new forum has become some sort of weird hippy love in where all the world is pink and fluffy and even Alpine is starting to agree with the trend why WOULDN'T somebody go barmy:-)

Anyway enough, I said I'll get happy clappy at the end of the loan window and judge the start to the season, JP and Rupes et al then.

Meanwhile Ramadan is coming, so with the holy month here in Dubai maybe it would be a good time for me to put a word in upstairs to 1) set a new record unbeaten run for the CCC, 2) Not sell any more players as the crowds flock back to SMS and people who didn't renew their ST's can't get in and 3) have a word in Sheikh Mo's ear and mention something special could be made to happen if he gave up on Liverpool and set his sights on a new football revolution.

But then again, maybe because it's Ramadan I won't be plastered enough to remember to do it.

What I will say is that somebody has worked out this might be a good idea, so far I'd prefer their judgement to ours!

The only dark side he's going over to is the Marines Bar...

Took my daughter & her boyfriend there the other week.

My two sons land tonight, not sure if it'll still be open Saturday as tomorrow is "the worse side" Rock Bottom Karaoke and Indie and Chi and about 20 Bullfrogs

Anyway the Dark side is Deira:-)

Where we watching the game Saturday? Bad memories of Players Lounge and Bristol Rovers....

Took my daughter & her boyfriend there the other week.

My two sons land tonight, not sure if it'll still be open Saturday as tomorrow is "the worse side" Rock Bottom Karaoke and Indie and Chi and about 20 Bullfrogs

Anyway the Dark side is Deira:-)

Where we watching the game Saturday? Bad memories of Players Lounge and Bristol Rovers....

Table booked in Goodfellas if you want to meet... Seaview for me on Thursday but not sure about Friday...

Despite all the scepticism about Antony Pulis, I'd tend to back JP and MW if in their judgement he is worth £100K, especially as it would be a discount on the reputed £1.3m fee for Davies, rather than an outlay.

Well I dont £100000 seems a lot of money for a 24 year old who has only played about 20 games I still do not think he will come.

Edited by John B

Despite all the scepticism about Antony Pulis, I'd tend to back JP and MW if in their judgement he is worth £100K, especially as it would be a discount on the reputed £1.3m fee for Davies, rather than an outlay.

Inclined to agree with the first part of your post.However I'd rather the £100,000 in the bank rather than a notional discount on a bit part player of his age.

Sorry to say,Pulis is not a name I want associated with Saints.(rather like Redkrapp ever again).

Well I dont £100000 seems a lot of money for a 24 year old who has only played about 20 games.
But I suspect that JP/MW have more information available to them than even the most knowledgeable fan. What would be a shame would be if a player is brought in who gets a bad reception from the crowd, based only on lack of knowledge. We don't know yet that the story from Stoke is true, or if Pulis would be 'one for the future' rather than a first team regular, so firm opinions are hard to take at present unless you are very sure of your ground.

Inclined to agree with the first part of your post.However I'd rather the £100,000 in the bank rather than a notional discount on a bit part player of his age.

Sorry to say,Pulis is not a name I want associated with Saints.(rather like Redkrapp ever again).

I really don't want to be plugging a player I know nothing about and am only countering some of the scepticism. Sins of the father comes to mind, and the fee, or discount, might not be as an alternative to money in the bank, as the payment for Davies is probably staged.

But I suspect that JP/MW have more information available to them than even the most knowledgeable fan. What would be a shame would be if a player is brought in who gets a bad reception from the crowd, based only on lack of knowledge. We don't know yet that the story from Stoke is true, or if Pulis would be 'one for the future' rather than a first team regular, so firm opinions are hard to take at present unless you are very sure of your ground.

I agree if he comes he should of course be accepted.

However my opinion is that he should not be coming here as he does not meet the criteria of players that we were supposed to be attracting if he was 18 that may be a different story.

I agree if he comes he should of course be accepted.

However my opinion is that he should not be coming here as he does not meet the criteria of players that we were supposed to be attracting if he was 18 that may be a different story.

Have just had a look at some comments from Stoke fans and they don't give Ant Pulis much of a reference, so added to his injured foot, it does seem odd that JP should be interested. I'm inclined to believe he will be coming only when I see it.

Have just had a look at some comments from Stoke fans and they don't give Ant Pulis much of a reference, so added to his injured foot, it does seem odd that JP should be interested. I'm inclined to believe he will be coming only when I see it.

I am in total agreement

I really don't want to be plugging a player I know nothing about and am only countering some of the scepticism. Sins of the father comes to mind, and the fee, or discount, might not be as an alternative to money in the bank, as the payment for Davies is probably staged.

That's a good point, would make even more sense, if it was a loan or loan + option. This has obviously come from the performance he put in against us at St Mary's and a combination of the above. I can understand peeps reservations from his record, but I cannot argue with the players that have been brought in so far, under very difficult circumstances.

Very, very strange.

So, Why not one or even three month loan to have a good look at player.

Trust in JP but is this his decision or seperate deal/favour/secret society directive

from the players mother. Sorry you secret society chappies, no offence.

There has to be at least the hope of potential or please please have a look at the scouting dossier and make doubly sure the right name is on the front of the docket. There are quite a few dossiers out there. To take this player is to deprive your young reserves/squad players.

Is this really true.. We do not have money to waste. If it happens NOT a JP wish.

Saints have out bid two other local clubs who had heard of his domestic plight. These two clubs had offered free rail tickets to Inverness but the Caledonians said NO chance.

Further enquiries reveal that this may have been a stunt by two seperate Saints fans who had seen Pulis play and were trying to do Saints a favour. Apparently no other fans had seen him play.

Saints now realise they now have no other competition and have upped there bid again to 300 grand to make sure they get this future star.

Come on boys and girls give the lad a chance.

I have great difficulty in believing we would pay £100000 for Pulis.

I would believe Stoke paying us £100000 to take Pulis

We would've happily have had a whipround to pay you if that was what it would have taken. He really is garbage!

He went to Torquay and Rovers on loan and they both sent him back after a few games. He never saw out his full loan term with either.

As for not seeing him play, unfortunately hes played many many reserve games and has not stood out in a single one.

Well, he's here now (as confirmed on OS) so let's give him a chance. Not feeling very excited by what we've heard but I think JP knows what he's doing and has called him a good footballing player.

A free transfer, it says on the OS but I guess that doesn't mean he couldn't have come as a makeweight in the Davies deal. Hopefully we've got him PLUS the £1.3m that was mentioned!