Anthony Pulis

Thedelldays

It is quite ironic that people on this thread are ready to slag off someone who apparently hasn`t even signed yet and most of us haven`t seen, but are desperate to get back someone who took more stick than I care to think about when he first came here. Some of the comments about Alan Bennett on this forums predecessor were disgraceful. After he was given a chance however.......

progress.gif

Yep and they've seen him play two games in four years, that's one game every two years to give a rating. The Stoke fans probably don't even know which position he plays in let alone remember the two games he has played in, idiots.

Don't you wonder why he's only played two games in four years? :-k

lets give him a chance. It is always difficult to play at a club that your father manages.

That's true, Darren Ferguson, Mike Macari, Blair Sturrock, Kevin Bond all struggled playing at a club that their father managed.

Or maybe it was it because they were crap? :smt017

I dont see any positive information we are going to get him

Yesterday, the line in the Stoke local press was "City are remaining tight-lipped on reports that Anthony Pulis junior will be heading to Southampton as part of the deal"

Today, Pulis senior seems to be hinting it's definitely happening, talking of it as a fait accomplis.

http://www.whydelilah.co.uk/news/20_Aug_2008/Anthony-to-become-a-saint.html

Yep and they've seen him play two games in four years, that's one game every two years to give a rating. The Stoke fans probably don't even know which position he plays in let alone remember the two games he has played in, idiots.

Presumably they still have reserve games up north?

Why no official confirmation?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1048306/Pulis-puts-hunger-menu-turkey-treat-Stoke-stock.html

Raised in the dock area of Newport, he is hard as nails. He never says a word but while he is giving this interview the club are selling his son, Anthony, to Southampton. It meant a telephone call had to follow on Friday morning.

'Oh yes,' he says. 'That's true. I think it will be a good move for him and he'll be nearer his mum down in Bournemouth. I'd have been dead if I'd sold him to a club further north.'

I do, I also wonder how Stoke fans can judge a player on two appearances (one appearance playing out of position) in four years.

you can add four substitute appearances to the two league cup starts.

maybe like every club they have watched him in the reserves as well and followed his progress when out on loan?

I hope he proves me wrong but my expectations a bloody low. Why do we need him anyway?

Why no official confirmation?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1048306/Pulis-puts-hunger-menu-turkey-treat-Stoke-stock.html

Raised in the dock area of Newport, he is hard as nails. He never says a word but while he is giving this interview the club are selling his son, Anthony, to Southampton. It meant a telephone call had to follow on Friday morning.

'Oh yes,' he says. 'That's true. I think it will be a good move for him and he'll be nearer his mum down in Bournemouth. I'd have been dead if I'd sold him to a club further north.'

Signed three times by his Dad, and now he's moving to be with his Mum.

So basically the only people who want Anthony Pulis Jr. are his Mum and Dad. :cool:

Signed 3 times by his Dad, but still not good enough to play some games? Injury prone chap? Midfielder? Not sure we really need him. How much time does someone need to prove themselves worthy for some games? I hope, if he signs, he does ok for us, but I have serious doubts.

We could sign him on a pay as you play basis, his dad pays us to give him a run out in the reserves from time to time.

This has been a most entertaining thread.

Obviously JP and the scouting system at SFC have been doing a completely sh*t job and are compounding it by buying or loaning Pulis jnr.

After all that same system have been responsible for signing those stand out muppets and left overs that nobody else wanted, Wotton & Holmes, and have been able to find a rank unknown journeyman that doesn't fit the bill in Schneiderlin.

Then of course they have dipped into the loan market and brought in a Scunthorpe reject who cannot make his mind up which position he should play in and have capped it all by signing some great lump of a forward with no first team experience and who is so thick he believes that SMS has crowds of 30,000 every week.

Great to see that we on here are so professional and detailed in our research that we are happy to believe the comments of a few fans and decide oh so arrogantly once again that the people who do the scouting and payer research are all simply thick.

Good grief, have JP and the crew at SMS not earned SOME small sliver of respect yet? Or even a nagging doubt that they MAY know more than an internet message board?

Obviously JP and the scouting system at SFC have been doing a completely sh*t job and are compounding it by buying or loaning Pulis jnr.

After all that same system have been responsible for signing those stand out muppets and left overs that nobody else wanted, Wotton & Holmes, and have been able to find a rank unknown journeyman that doesn't fit the bill in Schneiderlin.

Then of course they have dipped into the loan market and brought in a Scunthorpe reject who cannot make his mind up which position he should play in and have capped it all by signing some great lump of a forward with no first team experience and who is so thick he believes that SMS has crowds of 30,000 every week.

Great to see that we on here are so professional and detailed in our research that we are happy to believe the comments of a few fans and decide oh so arrogantly once again that the people who do the scouting and payer research are all simply thick.

Good grief, have JP and the crew at SMS not earned SOME small sliver of respect yet? Or even a nagging doubt that they MAY know more than an internet message board?

Don't think Schneiderlin is old enough to be a journeyman,most kids of his age will probably be starting Uni(or some crap job) next month.

Well said. I've never understood why some of our fans choose to welcome a new player by telling the world how poor he is. I've never seen Pulis Jr play (and I doubt most of his detractors have) but I'm willing to give him the chance. I'm assuming that our management team and scouts know rather more about him than I do.

In the last few weeks I was getting concerned you were going over to the dark side.This post shows you have not lost your marbles and is very apt.

let hope he doesn't join us - the last thing we needed was another midfielder

I'd rather we got a right back or left back and let Lloyd James and Andrew Surman play in their proper positions - midfield

And at 24 (?) and still unproven it doesn't suggested he's any goog

plus he's Tony Pulis' son and a Skate to boot!

he will become the boo boy for all these reasons

Wild speculation here but maybe JP sees Pulis as a potential fullback rather than a midfielder?

Might it be an idea to get someone to wait outside of SMS and tred on said foot 'accidentally' as he walks out?

How much exactly are Stoke paying us to take the lad on work experience?

This all boils down to whether you rate the judgement of our management team or the words of some Stoke fans?

Im all for taking on players to bolster the squad.It is a long season and Im all for giving him a chance.As for wages ive no idea but with RL at the helm it wont be high.

This all boils down to whether you rate the judgement of our management team or the words of some Stoke fans?

Im all for taking on players to bolster the squad.It is a long season and Im all for giving him a chance.As for wages ive no idea but with RL at the helm it wont be high.

If it's more than £60 p/w we've been had.

I must say I can't quite understand this signing. My only guess is that he is part of a deal for Kelvin Davis to go the other way. The Davis to Stoke thing was a rumour, you see. Otherwise it doesn't quite fit unless he's extra steel for our midfield, which might be a bit suspect on a boggy rainy winter Wednesday night away at Doncaster. For instance.

If it's more than £60 p/w we've been had.

Why are you so confident he's rubbish? Have you personally seen him play?

Remember how wrong the Derby fans were about Lee Holmes.

I don't know that he's any good but I am going on the track record of our managers - so far all of their signings have been pretty good. Why not give him a chance without rushing to condemn him before he's kicked a ball for us?

Remember how wrong the Derby fans were about Lee Holmes.

I don't know that he's any good but I am going on the track record of our managers - so far all of their signings have been pretty good. Why not give him a chance without rushing to condemn him before he's kicked a ball for us?

This is my only hope if it does happen although i can't really see why we need another midfielder especially if we are to buy this other French bloke as well.

His career stats don't exactly make great reading though & it seems all he's ever done is play for his old man.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Pulis

Edited by saints_is_the_south

I think that's the problem, very few people have seen him play! 20 first team appearances at 6 clubs (mainly managed by his old man) tells its own story! Lord Lucan has been sighted more regularly than Pulis!

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards27.com/index.cgi?board=Potters&action=display&thread=39610&page=1

Stoke fans thoughts on the saga.

To be honest with the hoof ball dross they see they proably wouldnt know what makes a good midfielder. Im sure he would be an adequate squad player. You are bound to be a target for the fans when your Dad is the manager solets give him a chance and judge him after he has actaully played for us.

Yeah, don't listen to the fans who actually watch him play - listen to the chairmen or staff who say what they're told or what they want us to read. Utter b*llocks!

The happy clappy, swallow whatever they're given brigade are out in full tonight. For you information, there's a reason why Pullis has not played much for Stoke...because he is CR*P! Forget nepotism, look at the stats so many on here like to do (despite not always telling the full story - like with Pearson), read his track record, read reports of games he HAS played in, performance notes. There's a reason he's not really made it so far. It's because he doesn't really have the talent to break through and step up a level.

I realise some players slip through the net but do you honestly believe he's deliberately played like blindfolded monkey with a gammy ankle for a reason? Nope! Me neither!! Dutch Youth Team professionals cannot make a cr*p player good and I think it's a silly move, if true. He'd have been noticed and picked up if he had any discernible talent. Sorry boy, but the hard facts of life.

I also heard Peckhart is like Rasiak - Hope they don't mean slow, clumsy and lazy. I was keen on a new striker so will judge for myself. I want trust my Spurs supporting mates just yet but I hope he isn't another cart horse - we need more pace up front!!

I think that's the problem, very few people have seen him play! 20 first team appearances at 6 clubs (mainly managed by his old man) tells its own story! Lord Lucan has been sighted more regularly than Pulis!

But if his old man doesn't even think he's good enough to play, why should anyone else? Usually you pick your own kid for a team before anyone else, due to the rose-tinted specs effect, but in this case even Pulis does not have enough faith in his ability to risk him in the 1st team either at Stoke or anywhere else he has been.

Still as I said earlier we do need a scapegoat replacement now that we no longer have Jasmine. Everyone else in the team (with the possible exception of BWP) are just to nice and liked by the supporters. We need someone else to slag off when the inevitable happens and we lose a game.