Cool/uncool names

Turkish

Ever met anyone cool called Simon?

Apparently Gary is also a dying name no one calls their kid Gary anymore 

Tyler was cool after Brad Pitt in fight club but now seems to be domainated by council estate single mums screaming “Tyler, come back here you little cunt”

Also seems quite fashionable with certain sections of society to insert an X in a name where other letters should be, we know a kid call Jaxon for example 

Edited by Turkish

1 minute ago, Turkish said:

Tyler was cool after Brad Pitt in fight club but now seems to be domained by council estate single mums screaming “Tyler, come back here you little cunt”

They have spelt it Tyla though....that's the cool way to do it.

• Turkish changed the title to Cool/uncool names
8 hours ago, Turkish said:

Tyler was cool after Brad Pitt in fight club but now seems to be domainated by council estate single mums screaming “Tyler, come back here you little cunt”

Also seems quite fashionable with certain sections of society to insert an X in a name where other letters should be, we know a kid call Jaxon for example 

That was the test before naming our kids. Yell it loudly in a supermarket. So Chantelle was ruled out 

18 hours ago, Turkish said:

I've never met an interesting Simon, but the Gary's I know are all decent and good value. Andy's are a mixed bag in my experience, and it's hard to rely on anyone called Kev, although a proper Kevin is a different story. 

1 hour ago, egg said:

I've never met an interesting Simon, but the Gary's I know are all decent and good value. Andy's are a mixed bag in my experience, and it's hard to rely on anyone called Kev, although a proper Kevin is a different story. 

Kevin/Kelvin was a 70s version of Jackson/Jaxon right?

1 minute ago, Turkish said:

Kevin/Kelvin was a 70s version of Jackson/Jaxon right?

Yep. Then there were your Liza's who were too good to be a Lisa, and not forgetting Sara who was too cool for an h. Don't get me started on Dwayne - what's wrong with being a Wayne?

5 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Some names just sound weird when applied to children. There’s something about the sentence, "would you mind if I breastfed Grant?" Which is a little unsettling.

what would make someone see their child for the first time on the day of their birth and think "yes, Grant really suits him" 

56 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Some names just sound weird when applied to children. There’s something about the sentence, "would you mind if I breastfed Grant?" Which is a little unsettling.

I initially read that as someone offering to breastfeed another persons child! Perhaps cos he was a Grant. 

Anyways, I'm hoping for Derek to make a comeback. Solid name, and society would no doubt be improved by lots of young Derek's. 

5 hours ago, saint francis said:

I decided against naming my dog Help for the same reason.  

Ours just gets called "You stupid black bitch", luckily there is usually nobody else on the beach when we take the dogs for a walk.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, egg said:

I initially read that as someone offering to breastfeed another persons child! Perhaps cos he was a Grant. 

Anyways, I'm hoping for Derek to make a comeback. Solid name, and society would no doubt be improved by lots of young Derek's. 

I fear that name has been damaged beyond economic repair by one man in particular.

On 24/09/2024 at 18:22, egg said:

I have a number of Simon friends and to a man they are interesting, one or two may be simple but still interesting.