Bournemouth vs Saints - Monday 30th 8pm

Lighthouse

23 minutes ago, Farmer Saint said:

Sorry guys, been all over the place this week, we had our dog put down yesterday and I'd spent the previous 3 days trying to get her to eat or drink 😢

Sorry to hear this. They are part of the family. In fact my dogs are nicer than some of my family 

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

Just at the goalscorer odds for the game. First seven players in betting are all Bournemouth. Somehow think we will win this one though based on absolutely nothing other than blind hope.

Although i think might put £100k on Evanilson to score at 11/8

2 hours ago, Farmer Saint said:

Sorry guys, been all over the place this week, we had our dog put down yesterday and I'd spent the previous 3 days trying to get her to eat or drink 😢

Sorry to hear that Farmer.   Dogs have been ever present in the lives of my four kids - through good times and rocky.  All the best.

• Like 4

Playing out from back allows teams to regroup and take it easy and just watch us pass around. That then reduces the number of chances we create, I can't see a win so a 3 nil loss. We struggle v direct football teams or ones with any pace.

Another must win game, perhaps a sink hole at Bournemouth will get game called off.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, die Mannyschaft said:

Playing out from back allows teams to regroup and take it easy and just watch us pass around. That then reduces the number of chances we create, I can't see a win so a 3 nil loss. We struggle v direct football teams or ones with any pace.

Another must win game, perhaps a sink hole at Bournemouth will get game called off.

I can't arrange a sink but having visited Bournemouth 2 weeks after a long time I can confirm that it is definitely now a 'hole'. What have they done to the town centre?? No decent shops anywhere and more druggies and beggars I've seen in one place for years. It made Northam Road look like Knightsbridge.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, drd said:

Sorry to hear this. They are part of the family. In fact my dogs are nicer than some of my family 

9 hours ago, austsaint said:

Sorry to hear that Farmer.   Dogs have been ever present in the lives of my four kids - through good times and rocky.  All the best.

Cheers all, as a family we're devastated tbh. She was only 4 so it's been a massive shock, and the kids, although older than her, don't know life without her so it's all very different. Stay well everyone. 

Edited by Farmer Saint
  • Like 4

15 hours ago, Farmer Saint said:

Very sorry to hear of your sad news and hope you and the family are able to repair as soon as possible. Our boy, who I’ve appreciated even more since I retired two years ago, turned 10 earlier this year and while he appears healthy, for some reason there’s not a day that goes by now that I don’t think of how things will be when he passes. It’s tough, but they enrich our lives so much it’s definitely all worth it.

Edited by Saint Fan CaM
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, Farmer Saint said:

Cheers all, as a family we're devastated tbh. She was only 4 so it's been a massive shock, and the kids, although older than her, don't know life without her so it's all very different. Stay well everyone. 

Oh that's terrible, ours died at 4 (in my avatar) desperately sad. We immediately said that's our last dog, not going through that again. 4 months later ........ woof

Give yourself time though

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, Farmer Saint said:

You won't believe this, but we had ours put down on Tuesday.....3 years old....leptospirosis. Utterly cruel and we're absolutely all over the place in this house.

I know this is the wrong place for this sort of reply, but i know (as many of us do no doubt) how bloody hard it is to go through. Sorry to hear.

• Like 3
  • Sad 7

24 minutes ago, LeBizzier69 said:

You won't believe this, but we had ours put down on Tuesday.....3 years old....leptospirosis. Utterly cruel and we're absolutely all over the place in this house.

I know this is the wrong place for this sort of reply, but i know (as many of us do no doubt) how bloody hard it is to go through. Sorry to hear.

Ah mate, so sorry to hear that. It is truly gutting, and especially at that age. Love and thoughts to you all. 

12 hours ago, LiberalCommunist said:

Has it degraded quicker than other towns? I’m not sure about that. Everywhere has taken a sharp down turn over the last four years. 

Sadly there is very little left in Bournemouth to make it worth the trouble of going there especially if the beach and fish & chips are of scant interest.

30 minutes ago, Osvaldorama said:

Time to sound the Tall Paul klaxon for me. 

Give archer some minutes but worth seeing what he can do. Tell Fraser and dibling to put crosses in to him. 

TP is not going to be in the team, everyone needs to accept that and move on.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Lighthouse said:

Even if he does, I’ve no idea why anybody thinks he’s any better than Carrillo.

Because he undoubtedly is. Carillo was utter shite and I think some have forgotten just how utterly terd he was. TP (jokes) has actually scored everywhere he's been, even if those leagues are admittedly somewhat less competitive. 

• Like 8

10 hours ago, Greedyfly said:

Because he undoubtedly is. Carillo was utter shite and I think some have forgotten just how utterly terd he was. TP (jokes) has actually scored everywhere he's been, even if those leagues are admittedly somewhat less competitive. 

Except here, which is kind of the big one as far as we're concerned. TP has scored plenty of goals in Turkey and Belgium, just like Cenk Tosun and Jozy Altidore. Their comparative records in England:

GC - 10 games, 0 goals

PO - 12 games, 0 goals

2 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Except here, which is kind of the big one as far as we're concerned. TP has scored plenty of goals in Turkey and Belgium, just like Cenk Tosun and Jozy Altidore. Their comparative records in England:

GC - 10 games, 0 goals

PO - 12 games, 0 goals

Not particularly fair to criticise tall paul for his performance at saints. He's barely had a sniff. He might well be a total flop but he's never been given a real opportunity if we are honest. 

• Like 13

14 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

GC - 10 games, 0 goals

PO - 12 games, 0 goals

Hang on, most of those Carillo stats are from him starting a game, TP has started what? 3? The rest he's had 20 mins oir less with no fucker thinking putting a cross on his head was a good idea.

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, beatlesaint said:

Hang on, most of those Carillo stats are from him starting a game, TP has started what? 3? The rest he's had 20 mins oir less with no fucker thinking putting a cross on his head was a good idea.

I am glad someone else got to this before me, and whilst there isn't a HUGE difference between the actual numbers (about an hour in play in favour of Carillo in the prem vs TP and 1 more start) AND to confirm I am not sure TP is the answer either, BUT he is still here AND, unlike AA, Archer, BBD, Stewart, the Tea Lady, toilet cleaner and 99% of fans on match day HAS scored in a top league (again whether those leagues are competitive or not).  Therefore instead of watching AA not lead the line, Archer flail around like a fish out of water, BBD run and fall over and Stewart get injured, maybe we just give him a go.  What's the worst that could happen, we don't score again? 

The alternatives, I guess is what  I am getting at, don't fill me with much confidence either.

As it happens from the in crowd I'd rather give Stewart a go but that's more out of hope than expectation.

Edited by Greedyfly
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, VectisSaint said:

Arguing who is least worst, Carillo or TP, what a futile exercise. They are both shit and should never have been signed.

Don't think anyone is really having an argument here chap, just a discussion on a discussion board to while away the day.  All pretty cordial thus far.  But I agree about them not being signed, though I understand the TP punt more than I will ever understand the GC punt.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Greedyfly said:

Archer flail around like a fish out of water, BBD run and fall over and Stewart get injured, maybe we just give him a go

So you're asking us to give a chance to the guy who's made 12 appearances without scoring (who the manager clearly doesn't fancy) because you're fed up with watching the guy who's made 6 appearances and scored twice.

18 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Choosing who’s I’d prefer out of those two is like trying to decide who I prefer out of Everton or Liverpool.

For the record, I'm not making a case for either. Both were very poor panic signings, I just don't get the clamour for one when he's done nothing above and beyond another player who was universally derided.

14 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

So you're asking us to give a chance to the guy who's made 12 appearances without scoring (who the manager clearly doesn't fancy) because you're fed up with watching the guy who's made 6 appearances and scored twice.

For the record, I'm not making a case for either. Both were very poor panic signings, I just don't get the clamour for one when he's done nothing above and beyond another player who was universally derided.

Again you are taking things out of context a little; "maybe we give him a go" doesn't scream "clamour", at least from me, for TP.  BUT two goals against a very shit championship side doesn't fool me/you into thinking Archer is the answer either because he was flailing and ultimately failing to score against a competent prem team in Utd and a meh defence in Ipswich.  His record in the prem for balance is 42 games/apps for 4 goals and yet everyone seems to have seen something to suggest he'll come good.  The only thing he has going is age at 22.

20 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

And yes you do.  The clamour is centred around being in a fairly dire situation, having had a poor start against moderate opposition (aside from Utd).

Carillo is derided because everyone and his dog knew he was going to be shit except the odd "give him a chance" crew.  Carillo had scored nowhere throughout his career.  Onuachu had scored multiple goals across multiple seasons across multiple leagues.  The difference in opinion really isn't that hard to understand.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Greedyfly said:

Again you are taking things out of context a little; "maybe we give him a go" doesn't scream "clamour", at least from me, for TP.  BUT two goals against a very shit championship side doesn't fool me/you into thinking Archer is the answer either because he was flailing and ultimately failing to score against a competent prem team in Utd and a meh defence in Ipswich.  His record in the prem for balance is 42 games/apps for 4 goals and yet everyone seems to have seen something to suggest he'll come good.  The only thing he has going is age at 22.

And yes you do.  The clamour is centred around being in a fairly dire situation, having had a poor start against moderate opposition (aside from Utd).

Carillo is derided because everyone and his dog knew he was going to be shit except the odd "give him a chance" crew.  Carillo had scored nowhere throughout his career.  Onuachu had scored multiple goals across multiple seasons across multiple leagues.  The difference in opinion really isn't that hard to understand.

Who’s right and wrong is irrelevant (despite these two being completely different players). Fact of the matter is Russ has frozen TP out to the point where there’s more chance of Lucy Pinder being recruited for half-time ‘entertainment’ in the centre circle. 😜😂

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Saint Fan CaM said:

Who’s right and wrong is irrelevant (despite these two being completely different players). Fact of the matter is Russ has frozen TP out to the point where there’s more chance of Lucy Pinder being recruited for half-time ‘entertainment’ in the centre circle. 😜😂

See this is an idea we can all get behind.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Greedyfly said:

Don't think anyone is really having an argument here chap, just a discussion on a discussion board to while away the day.  All pretty cordial thus far.  But I agree about them not being signed, though I understand the TP punt more than I will ever understand the GC punt.

Never said anyone was having an argument. Arguing a point is simply having a debate or discussion. Point stands, discussing their relative worth's is pointless, they are/were both shit.

6 hours ago, VectisSaint said:

Never said anyone was having an argument. Arguing a point is simply having a debate or discussion. Point stands, discussing their relative worth's is pointless, they are/were both shit.

"Arguing" a point is having an argument, it's not that hard.  You literally said it but good for you.

They absolutely detest Ryan Fraser so I’d be starting him without doubt. I’m looking forward to this, always a good trip even with the move to Monday night. Our record is excellent there and they barely ever turn up against us. 

That being said, they should be beating us quite comfortably. And that in itself is a fucking ridiculous state of affairs. 

• Like 2

As a cherries fan, I really hope RM continues his policy of playing out from the back. We have an aggressive press and proper pace up top and can see at least one Saints cock up

Your best bet is attack us down the flanks. I'm not convinced by our full backs and you can guarantee the Scottish rat will score, it's bloody inevitable 

11 hours ago, LGTL said:

Our record is excellent there and they barely ever turn up against us. 

That being said, they should be beating us quite comfortably. And that in itself is a fucking ridiculous state of affairs. 

I'm clutching that straw that they usually get themselves over excited and screw up when we come to town 😂

1 hour ago, drd said:

As a cherries fan, I really hope RM continues his policy of playing out from the back. We have an aggressive press and proper pace up top and can see at least one Saints cock up

Your best bet is attack us down the flanks. I'm not convinced by our full backs and you can guarantee the Scottish rat will score, it's bloody inevitable 

0-2 Saints, we go on to win the best team in the south league. Goals - Kepa (O.G.), Lallana.