Our "Wonderful" NHS

Guided Missile

I was one person who never clapped our "wonderful" NHS on a Thursday evening, during the covid lockdown, for too many reasons to share here.

Now, it appears that our overworked GP's average 26 hours a week. Thankfully, like the train drivers, they will be replaced by technology. It transpires that, like me, they use ChatGPT to carry out diagnoses, this Harvard study has discovered. You may say hang on a minute, what about the time you'll really need treatment. Well, at the moment it's impossible to get an urgent appointment with one and the easiest way forward is to get a printout from ChatGPT and take it along to A&E. 

Your next GP will be an app on your mobile and about time.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, Guided Missile said:

I was one person who never clapped our "wonderful" NHS on a Thursday evening, during the covid lockdown, for too many reasons to share here.

Now, it appears that our overworked GP's average 26 hours a week. Thankfully, like the train drivers, they will be replaced by technology. It transpires that, like me, they use ChatGPT to carry out diagnoses, this Harvard study has discovered. You may say hang on a minute, what about the time you'll really need treatment. Well, at the moment it's impossible to get an urgent appointment with one and the easiest way forward is to get a printout from ChatGPT and take it along to A&E. 

Because many GPs work part time or are locums you absolute fuckwit. Is there nothing so simple you can actually grasp it?

The other point you have missed is that GPs are paid by the number of sessions they work. One paid session is 4 hours and ten minutes. The average time they actually work per session is six hours 12 minutes, up from 5 hours 40 minutes in 2021.    

As an aside my partner and I were supposed to go out to dinner last night. She called and asked to cancel. Turns out she was on her way home and came across a hit and run. A 17 year old lad had his leg snapped off at the femur. After stabilising him., loading his leg into the ambulance and calming down a hysterical passer by she didn't feel like going out. Billable time, zero.     

Edited by buctootim
  • Like 11

3 hours ago, Guided Missile said:

Sad little cunt

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Guided Missile said:

🤣🤣🤣

I can just imagine it, everyone outside enjoying their neighbours' company for the first time in a while and doing the tiniest of little things to show some support for those on the NHS front line.  And there's you, locked inside your house, inwardly seething about it all, getting red in the face and more and more irate as the applause deepens.

Such a deeply sad and insecure man.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

I didn’t clap either. I am not a great believer in the NHS religion.

It was about the people putting their lives and those of their families at risk to save others during the pandemic and happened in countries across the world. You dont need to be NHS religious just a little bit human. 

https://www.voanews.com/a/science-health_coronavirus-outbreak_europeans-sing-praises-health-workers-their-windows/6186329.html

https://www.dw.com/en/spain-gives-last-applause-for-medics-as-coronavirus-cases-fall/a-53474657

https://www.npr.org/2020/04/10/832131816/every-night-new-york-city-salutes-its-health-care-workers

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/coronavirus-latvia-statue-healthcare-workers-honour-a9574836.html

Edited by buctootim
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

I didn’t clap either. I am not a great believer in the NHS religion.

Sometimes I read the BBC News rather than the Torygraph. Here's an interesting one:

A coroner has concluded a woman's death was "more likely than not" the result of neglect during the junior doctors' strike. Daphne Austin died from sepsis while being cared for at Carlisle's Cumberland Infirmary after having a stroke on 22 May 2023.

It just made me want to go out immediately and applaud the NHS.

• Like 1

I also liked the messages posted on Reddit 

The messages from junior doctors on the social media site Reddit are unambiguous.

'F*** this s*** and more than anything, f*** the NHS,' reads one. For good measure, it throws in a callous reference to record patient waiting times that may have cost a shocking number of lives: 'Don't guilt-trip me with your cancers anymore ... I sincerely deeply hope the whole damn thing collapses.'

Another Reddit user joins in, saying: 'The NHS is drowning, and I would happily hold its head under water until the bubbles stop.' One more replies: 'One could say it's the kinder thing to do.'

Here's two Marxist doctors I'd happily give a good slapping to:

The messages from junior doctors on the social media site Reddit are unambiguous. Pictured: Co-chairs of the BMA's junior doctors' committee Vivek Trivedi (left) and Rob Laurenson (right)

Nothing new, though:

The BMA, the oldest trade union in Britain, has a long history of political unrest. Aneurin Bevan, the Labour architect of the NHS, called the organisation 'politically poisoned' and was fulminating about them just four months before the health service's launch, which the union feared would undermine the role and influence of doctors.' There has been ...misrepresentation, sustained by a campaign of personal abuse, from a small body of spokesmen who have consistently misled the great profession to which they are supposed to belong,' he said. 'I make a distinction ... between the hard-working doctors who have little or no time to give to these matters, and the small body of raucous-voiced people who are alleged to represent the profession.'

But 75 years on from that Bevan speech, it's clear that sections of the BMA are more militant than ever, having been hijacked by the hard Left.

3 minutes ago, Guided Missile said:

I also liked the messages posted on Reddit 

Here's two Marxist doctors I'd happily give a good slapping to:

The messages from junior doctors on the social media site Reddit are unambiguous. Pictured: Co-chairs of the BMA's junior doctors' committee Vivek Trivedi (left) and Rob Laurenson (right)

At your age and physical condition I think they would find it quite easy to give you a good slapping. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Virtue signaling.

Here's the Geneva Code:

• Dedication to Humanitarian Goals:

• The physician commits to dedicating their life to the service of humanity.

• Respect for Patients:

• Physicians must treat patients with respect, care, and compassion, without discrimination based on age, race, gender, nationality, religion, or any other characteristic.
  • Patient Autonomy:

• The declaration emphasizes respect for the dignity and autonomy of patients. This includes obtaining informed consent before any medical intervention.
  • Confidentiality:

• Physicians are required to respect patient confidentiality, even after the death of the patient.
  • Non-maleficence ("Do No Harm"):

• The declaration calls upon physicians to practice medicine with the utmost respect for life and avoid harm to patients.
  • Commitment to Medical Integrity:

• Physicians pledge to maintain the highest standards of medical practice, continue learning throughout their careers, and share medical knowledge with their peers and society.
  • Respect for Teachers and Colleagues:

• The declaration acknowledges the physician’s responsibility to show respect and gratitude to teachers, colleagues, and students.
  • No Exploitation:

• Physicians must not use their knowledge and position to exploit patients or violate their rights.
  • Human Rights Focus:

• A core theme of the declaration is its strong focus on human rights, affirming that physicians should always act in the patient's best interests without being influenced by external factors, including political or social pressures.

It may be worth the doctors, during their 26 hour work week and if they can spare the time, to understand the ethics involved in the profession they voluntarily joined, particularly the last one.

1 minute ago, badgerx16 said:

Does anybody know where this 28 hours a week figure came from ?

It's a funny one, it's based on paid periods of work I think and doesn't really take into account that many GP's are part time and they invariable work longer than each paid period of work.  The fact that it is in the Tory graph and being used by the likes of GM as a beating stick for doctors tells you pretty much all you need to know about the situation, obviously the entire problem with the NHS is greedy, lazy doctors an nurses and if they would just nuckle down and work longer hours for less money all the problems would go away or it's just yet another right wing 'othering' while the rich boys make off with all the money!

47 minutes ago, a1ex2001 said:

It's a funny one, it's based on paid periods of work I think and doesn't really take into account that many GP's are part time and they invariable work longer than each paid period of work.  The fact that it is in the Tory graph and being used by the likes of GM as a beating stick for doctors tells you pretty much all you need to know about the situation, obviously the entire problem with the NHS is greedy, lazy doctors an nurses and if they would just nuckle down and work longer hours for less money all the problems would go away or it's just yet another right wing 'othering' while the rich boys make off with all the money!

Exactly. The real story is that increased demand is putting huge pressure on GPs and they are working far more hours than they are paid for. The consequence of this is that many GPs are reducing the number of sessions they work in order to avoid burnout. 

Instead of questioning why GPs are working shifts 50% longer than they are paid for the Torygraph are turning truth on its head and claiming workshy doctors have it too easy and thats why the NHS is broken, nothing to do with the Tories. 

Edited by buctootim
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

He’s a sad man that gets himself more worked up on Reddit - do you honestly look into his bs claims? One of the saddest, angriest and probably loneliest person on here. And a tad dim to boot. If I was nicer I would hope someone would show him some love that he needs but as I am not he’s just a tiresome boring old piss pot .

• Like 1

Won't go into detail, but on the day that the PM declared the NHS 'broken' a couple of weeks back, a close relative was admitted to hospital, following a trip to A&E. Scans were fast tracked and things are now moving in the right direction. This all followed close monitoring by the local GP. 

Even when declared 'broken' it seems that the NHS staff step up to the plate and go the extra mile. Delighted to hear that doctors have been awarded something approaching a fair increase, following years of being shafted.

• Like 7

47 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

It's claimed to be a Harvard conducted report published in the BMJ (British Medical Journal). I can believe its a legit figure -only one of the four GPs I know works full time. The problem is how that and other facts are distorted to make it look like they are getting paid but not working.    

• Like 1

I don't visit The Lounge very often but when I saw the OP and thread title I thought to myself, what is the sad old loony going on about this time?

My expectations were not confounded.

In the distant past I think I once called him Fire-and-Forget Missile but even that seems too high a level of intelligence.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, suewhistle said:

I don't visit The Lounge very often but when I saw the OP and thread title I thought to myself, what is the sad old loony going on about this time?

In the distant past I think I once called him Fire-and-Forget Missile but even that seems too high a level of intelligence.

He's got a lot worse. At one time it seemed like he was playing a caricature. Now just a addled loser who has fallen in the politics of the dim gap. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, buctootim said:

It's claimed to be a Harvard conducted report published in the BMJ (British Medical Journal). I can believe it’s a legit figure -only one of the four GPs I know works full time. The problem is how that and other facts are distorted to make it look like they are getting paid but not working.    

Wait until Paul Marshall completes his purchase of the Telegraph. This being the ‘brains’ behind GB News. The Telegraph is barely keeping the lights on now and full of deliberate misinformation, overpaid has beens like Nick Timothy, only a broadsheet by the type of format it’s been printed on. Marshall will ensure formal relegation to tabloid status in competition with the Mail. And the Mail will kill it stone dead. 

The NHS should be abolished to save lives, a paper by the Institute of Economic Affairs, said on Thursday. The report called for the health service to be replaced with a system of social insurance, showing that countries that have such models have far superior outcomes. The think tank’s study revealed that Britain has almost the highest levels of deaths that could have been avoided with the right treatment, second only to Greece.

Apologies below, please:

30 minutes ago, Guided Missile said:

Apologies below, please:

Rehash of an old story, they said exactly the same thing in 2011, strange how in 14 years no Tory administration chose to take up their ideas;

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2011/jul/13/thinktank-advocates-abolition-of-nhs

"Shrinking the size of the state by abolishing the NHS and limiting overseas aid to humanitarian disasters could save more than £200bn a year and pave the way for growth-generating tax cuts, says a leading free-market thinktank."

"Health and development assistance have been spared from the coalition spending cuts, but the IEA said overseas aid did not help reduce poverty and called for the NHS to be replaced by a system of individual health savings accounts with insurance for "catastrophic events".

The thinktank said its health reforms would save £44bn year and a tougher approach to welfare spending would raise £46.5bn."

GM - there is no need to apologise, you are just too gullible.

Edited by badgerx16
  • Like 3

38 minutes ago, Guided Missile said:

Apologies below, please:

Back he comes with another ‘gotcha’ moment that one final bit of information that will trump all others and prove his point beyond doubt!

I sometimes find that it helps to check the validity of my sources before posting!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Institute_of_Economic_Affairs
Posting the findings of free market think tanks that masquerade as charities and trying to pass it off as well reasoned fact is how do we put it ‘a little silly’.  I think I suggested broadening your reading once before….

9 hours ago, Guided Missile said:

Apologies below, please:

Mark Littewood and the Tobacco fan club say exactly the same thing they've been saying for the last 20 years. 

A thousand thousand apologies you dopey old prick.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, a1ex2001 said:

Back he comes with another ‘gotcha’ moment that one final bit of information that will trump all others and prove his point beyond doubt!

I sometimes find that it helps to check the validity of my sources before posting!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Institute_of_Economic_Affairs
Posting the findings of free market think tanks that masquerade as charities and trying to pass it off as well reasoned fact is how do we put it ‘a little silly’.  I think I suggested broadening your reading once before….

Here's a "little silly" summary:

According to reports and studies from health organizations, including data from the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), Britain has been highlighted as having high levels of avoidable deaths compared to many other developed nations.

In some rankings, Britain has been placed among the countries with the highest levels of amenable mortality, second only to Greece in Europe. The reasons for this are complex and may include:

• Healthcare System Strain: The National Health Service (NHS) has been under considerable pressure, with long waiting times for certain treatments and delays in access to specialized care, especially in areas such as cancer, cardiovascular diseases, and other chronic conditions.
  • Preventive Care and Early Diagnosis: Delays in early diagnosis of treatable conditions and suboptimal preventive care services can lead to a higher number of avoidable deaths. Some regions in Britain have been slower in implementing effective screening programs for conditions like cancer.
  • Funding and Staffing Shortages: The NHS has faced chronic underfunding, and workforce shortages in recent years have further strained the system. These issues can impact the quality and timeliness of care.
  • Impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic: The pandemic exacerbated existing healthcare issues, leading to delays in non-COVID-related treatments and diagnostic services. This may have contributed to a spike in preventable deaths.
  • Healthcare Inequality: There are also disparities in access to quality care across different regions and socioeconomic groups in the UK, which may contribute to worse outcomes for certain populations.

This is what happens when you are left with Blair's uncontrolled immigration policies, but the worm is turning in Ireland and Germany. Watch the news for more "little silly" stories.

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Guided Missile said:

Here's a "little silly" summary:

According to reports and studies from health organizations, including data from the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), Britain has been highlighted as having high levels of avoidable deaths compared to many other developed nations.

In some rankings, Britain has been placed among the countries with the highest levels of amenable mortality, second only to Greece in Europe. The reasons for this are complex and may include:

• Healthcare System Strain: The National Health Service (NHS) has been under considerable pressure, with long waiting times for certain treatments and delays in access to specialized care, especially in areas such as cancer, cardiovascular diseases, and other chronic conditions.
  • Preventive Care and Early Diagnosis: Delays in early diagnosis of treatable conditions and suboptimal preventive care services can lead to a higher number of avoidable deaths. Some regions in Britain have been slower in implementing effective screening programs for conditions like cancer.
  • Funding and Staffing Shortages: The NHS has faced chronic underfunding, and workforce shortages in recent years have further strained the system. These issues can impact the quality and timeliness of care.
  • Impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic: The pandemic exacerbated existing healthcare issues, leading to delays in non-COVID-related treatments and diagnostic services. This may have contributed to a spike in preventable deaths.
  • Healthcare Inequality: There are also disparities in access to quality care across different regions and socioeconomic groups in the UK, which may contribute to worse outcomes for certain populations.

This is what happens when you are left with Blair's uncontrolled immigration policies, but the worm is turning in Ireland and Germany. Watch the news for more "little silly" stories.

So it’s all the fault of immigrants which is all the fault of a man who left power 17 years ago.  If that is your take away from that article then there really is no hope for you!  

Here is a clue for you changing the way we fund the nhs won’t fix it unless we are willing to pay more for it!  Second clue All the best health services in Europe spend more per head than we do.  One day maybe you will join the dots and understand that slashing public spending results in crap public services and that if you want the best you have to pay for it.

Drag yourself out of your right wing echo chamber and read a little more widely and then just maybe you will be able to form a coherent evidence back opinion!

24 minutes ago, Guided Missile said:
  1. Here's yet another "silly story"
  2. And yet another one here.

There are none as blind as those that will not see. 
#leftydogma

I don’t think either of these support your statement about moving to an insurance backed system or that immigration is to blame all they confirm is that the NHS is struggling.

once again your Google ‘gotcha’ falls rather flat

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, a1ex2001 said:

I don’t think either of these support your statement about moving to an insurance backed system or that immigration is to blame all they confirm is that the NHS is struggling.

once again your Google ‘gotcha’ falls rather flat

Mate, you need to stop constructing statements I never made and then attacking me for them. I never stated that we should move to an insurance backed system.

To be clear, I think the NHS is in the shit and simply throwing money at it won't help. It's problems are down to a number of factors. You might believe that giving Marxist Junior Doctors a pay rise will shorten waiting times. I don't. You may think that the fact that the total number of migrants entering the UK, legally or illegally, since Blair became Prime Minister could be over 8 million, has not put a strain on the NHS. I don't. Starmer and his chums won't fix anything. Their hypocritical ideology and union paymasters won't allow them.

Argue the facts and stop making up stuff you think I may have stated, or you'll be quickly put on ignore and you wouldn't like that.

32 minutes ago, Guided Missile said:

Mate, you need to stop constructing statements I never made and then attacking me for them. I never stated that we should move to an insurance backed system.

To be clear, I think the NHS is in the shit and simply throwing money at it won't help. It's problems are down to a number of factors. You might believe that giving Marxist Junior Doctors a pay rise will shorten waiting times. I don't. You may think that the fact that the total number of migrants entering the UK, legally or illegally, since Blair became Prime Minister could be over 8 million, has not put a strain on the NHS. I don't. Starmer and his chums won't fix anything. Their hypocritical ideology and union paymasters won't allow them.

Argue the facts and stop making up stuff you think I may have stated, or you'll be quickly put on ignore and you wouldn't like that.

"Argue the facts" says a man who has just typed the words "Marxist Junior Doctors"

Absolute fucking moron.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

"Argue the facts" says a man who has just typed the words "Marxist Junior Doctors"

Absolute fucking moron.

Not really used ignore for years but put it on for this obnoxious hateful cunt but doesn’t seem to work as still see this fuckers breakdown in realtime. I suppose I should be asking SOG if it works

IMG_1172.jpeg

On 18/09/2024 at 16:56, suewhistle said:

I'm surprised and upset at your insults about my mental health, age and level of intelligence. I mean, how would you feel if I called you a childless cat lady?

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Guided Missile said:

lol Marxist junior doctors and you talk about facts.  

So you don’t think giving doctors a pay rise will reduce waiting lists ok do you think that giving them year on year pay cuts compounded with atrocious working conditions will as that is what they are seeking redress for?  The previous government who you seemed much more in favour of repeatedly blamed junior doctors and nurses for the waiting list problems were they lying?

I ask again how is a man who left office 17 years ago responsible for levels of immigration since then?  We supposedly took back control of our boarders 3 Tory PM’s ago yet we still have record levels of immigration? You can if you must blame immigrants for all our problems but you can’t blame a retired politician for current policy.

i’ll await you next ‘gotcha’ so I can be wowed by how low the right wing press can stoop to keep the rich rich and the blame on some convenient ‘other’.

Edited by a1ex2001
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Guided Missile said:

I'm surprised and upset at your insults about my mental health, age and level of intelligence. I mean, how would you feel if I called you a childless cat lady?

I am sure Sue wouldn't mind being compared to Taylor Swift.

1 hour ago, Guided Missile said:

or you'll be quickly put on ignore and you wouldn't like that.

Who on earth does this bloke think he is? What does "you wouldn't like that" mean? I realise that he sells poisons for a living but do we have a member of the Bursledon mafia on this forum? 😁😁😁

• Like 1