Saints v Ipswich - Saturday 3pm

maysie

2 minutes ago, CSA96 said:

Tall Paul and ABK either in first team squad  tomorrow or told not even being used in this for match fitness they're so far off , probably find the pair of them having a kick about down the common instead. 

Edited by Football Special

Make or break for Russy baby it's not to early to say this is a pivotal game a six pointer it you like, anything less than a win and I think the tide may turn in the good will towards him, if you can't get a single point on the board and your losing to other clubs predicted to be in the relegation mix things aren't going to end well for you. He could end up with a record even worse than Nathan Jones. 

• Like 1

On 19/09/2024 at 06:17, Saint Fan CaM said:

You and I and others might like to see him play, however you’re wrong to think a player is going to be picked if he’s disliked by his Manager and/or fellow players. In a team sport at this level that can make a difference when small gains help. And my interpretation of how Russ views his team would mean ABK is not favoured over more ‘loyal’ players despite his positive attributes.

Even Branfoot had to accept he was harming the team by leaving out MLT. ABK won't add goals to the team (he can hardly make it worse as only defenders have scored in 90 minutes). When he played in the prem, he was easily good enough before the shoulder injury. Put it this way, if and when RM gets the bullet, I'm confident the new manager will start him

4 minutes ago, lhammondo said:

Even Branfoot had to accept he was harming the team by leaving out MLT. ABK won't add goals to the team (he can hardly make it worse as only defenders have scored in 90 minutes). When he played in the prem, he was easily good enough before the shoulder injury. Put it this way, if and when RM gets the bullet, I'm confident the new manager will start him

MLT v ABK? Really?

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, lhammondo said:

I think the new manager would also start the 15m rated 17 goal last season striker tooo. Funny world this football thing 

39 minutes ago, The Cat said:

Oh look, there's Martin's undroppable best mate who he always picks because he only picks his mates every week without fail and never drops them.

He was rank last season and with KWP not moving on and Taylor looking decent at Goodison, it’s the only game time he will get until January.

I thought he’d be Danny Fox with slightly more pace but Danny was a far superior player at Champ level. 

• Like 2

On 17/09/2024 at 22:56, danjosaint said:

I'd like a 4231 with 

Ramsdale

Suga     THB    bedders   Taylor

Downes   Les

KWP         Fernandes     Fraser 

Archer 

I know we won't play this and there is an argument for Cornet coming in if he's fit enough but for me this could suit us better, also although could have done better with goal THB looked more relaxed in a 4, I would like to see ABK and TP on the bench though 

Ramsdale

Suga     THB    bedders   kwp

Downes   Les

Arma         Fernandes     Fraser 

Archer 

1 hour ago, The Cat said:

Oh look, there's Martin's undroppable best mate who he always picks because he only picks his mates every week without fail and never drops them.

He is picking him. For the U21s :smug:

Bloody Martin, forcing his mates into the team :wave:

• Like 1

A number of people seem to think that the person to save our season is the same person who allegedly faked a dislocated shoulder because he didn't fancy a midweek game against Nottingham Forest and then got subbed off because he didn't fancy the away game as well.

• Like 2

Hoping we can build on midweek - wins at Goodison are rare, pens or not - but need to get the midfield right and move the ball quicker around the pitch as Ipswich will be looking to counter-attack. If their fans jeer Flynn again it might key him up. Would a Downes-Fernandes-Lallana midfield to start be too lightweight? Question also of whether Lesley can start two games in a week.

6 minutes ago, Green said:

A number of people seem to think that the person to save our season is the same person who allegedly faked a dislocated shoulder because he didn't fancy a midweek game against Nottingham Forest and then got subbed off because he didn't fancy the away game as well.

He was saving himself for this Ipswich game.

Edited by Nordic Saint

1 hour ago, lhammondo said:

Considering what is known but more importantly what isn’t known, how can you be confident? 

1 hour ago, Gloucester Saint said:

He was rank last season and with KWP not moving on and Taylor looking decent at Goodison, it’s the only game time he will get until January.

I thought he’d be Danny Fox with slightly more pace but Danny was a far superior player at Champ level. 

It's weird though that Bree is now ahead of him in the pecking order having been behind last year

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ex Lion Tamer said:

It's weird though that Bree is now ahead of him in the pecking order having been behind last year

James is defensively more solid. Two decent league cup displays don’t hurt either. I thought Ryan might be better going forward with the assists at Swansea and QPR but didn’t materialise that much. Bree has looked better going forward IMHO and the humdinger at Cardiff.

5 hours ago, Mr X said:

Make or break for Russy baby it's not to early to say this is a pivotal game a six pointer it you like, anything less than a win and I think the tide may turn in the good will towards him, if you can't get a single point on the board and your losing to other clubs predicted to be in the relegation mix things aren't going to end well for you. He could end up with a record even worse than Nathan Jones

WTF?!

RM managed us to a promotion, winning The Richest Game in Football™ for many fans one of the most enjoyable days following Saints they can remember.

Nathan Jones wasted the World Cup window, lost 8 of 9 PL games and was sacked after just 95 days. The cup wins against Lincoln Town, Everton plus the genuinely unbelievable match against Man City must be doing a lot of heavy lifting in your head!

Edited by Patches O Houlihan

On 18/09/2024 at 00:41, beavis17 said:

No mention of our best player at the moment?

Good point.  I love Dibling and wouldn't mind him starting. However I foresee RM wanting to "look after him" and avoid him being kicked to death by the tractor boys from minute one. He just turned 18 so maybe best to not start him every game yet though it's very tempting. 

15 hours ago, Toadhall Saint said:

Everyone on here said we would struggle and guess what? Yep, you got it, we are struggling. 4 games in and the knives are out it’s pathetic.

My opinion is that we would struggle to stay in the prem. if we did we would have had an outstanding season. That has not changed. 

Didn't we lose the first 4 back in the prem in 2012? And won the fifth game vs Villa.... (4-1) and started getting some momemtum