Brentford 3-1 Saints - Match Thread

trousers

Just now, Saint_clark said:

Birtles talking about how nice it is to see a long throw into the box for a change...weird time to make that point when it went straight to Ramsdale.

It's almost like he's not a very good commentator.

• Like 2

We do not have players good enough to beat these presses on a consistent basis. It's as simple as that.

It worked better in the Championship because we had superior players in borderline every game, it's now the complete opposite.

I'm really just not seeing it so far this season, was hoping we'd be more flexible but this is drab.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Harry_SFC said:

Armstrong, Smallbone and Aribo are all Championship players and it's so obvious. 

I like them all and want them to succeed but it's so clear they are out of their depth. We can't afford to carry one player, let alone 3.

• Like 1

Just now, HarvSFC said:

Birtles has mentioned a couple of times now that he's surprised Toney isn't playing. Is he okay?

I don’t think that is what he is saying, he’s commenting on how different it would be if he was playing 

• Like 1

A lot of similarities between the two sides.

Ramsdale has twice kicked very long. Good lengths to the kicks. But we have noo one who is going to win any challenge. Both have resulted in Brentford gaining possession, control and opportunities. Just the sort of thing we would like to be doing.

Edited by Holmes_and_Watson

• Lighthouse changed the title to Brentford 3-1 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic