Brentford 3-1 Saints - Match Thread

trousers

14 hours ago, Osvaldorama said:

Ramsdale 

Sugawara THB Bedders Kwp

Downes Big Les

Dibling Fernandes BBD

Archer

I like this but I think we'll see AA instead of Dibling and Smallbone instead of Big Les. Dibling will come on as a sub again and hopefully so will Sam AA.

BBD and AA need to be much more narrow to allow Sugawara and KWP to go charging down the wing without bumping in to them.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CSA96 said:

Confirmed that Ramsdale's paperwork was done in time for him to be involved. The Athletic saying Martin is putting Ramsdale straight in for his debut

Interesting if he starts: won't have had any training sessions I'd guess.

Everything Russell Martin said in the pre-match press conferences etc suggested he is going straight into the team.

Always a bit of a risk but he's too good to stick on the bench.

And equally playing a McCarthy who knows he is out whatever he does today is just as much of a risk. 

I will be amazed if Ramsdale isn't straight in today.

• Like 3

Ramsdale; KWP, THB, Bednarek, Sugawara; Downes, Ugochukwu, Fernandes; AA, BBD, Archer.

The team I'd like to see today. Think RM will opt for Smallbone over Les and obviously he'll play Stephens over someone else. Cornet to come into the side for AA when he's ready. 

• Like 1

Presuming Ramsdlae starts it will be interesting to see how he performs.  Having just arrived he won't be used to the style of play yet, I wouldn't be surprised to see him clearing balls that he deems too risky to pass to nearby defenders.  Might be a refreshing change today.  

• Like 2

Team I'd like to see:

Ramsdale 

Sugawara THB Bednarak KWP

Downes Big Les Fernandes

Dibling BBD

Archer

Team we will see:

Ramsdale 

Sugawara THB Stephens KWP

Downes, Smallbone, Aribo

Armstrong, Archer, BBD

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Bobsmith said:

Team I'd like to see:

Ramsdale 

Sugawara THB Bednarak KWP

Downes Big Les Fernandes

Dibling BBD

Archer

Team we will see:

Ramsdale 

Sugawara THB Stephens KWP

Downes, Smallbone, Aribo

Armstrong, Archer, BBD

I'll be surprised is we don't go with 3 CBs.

I was surprised to hear that Ramsdale’s initiation into the team is to perform at least six keepy uppy’s in his six yard box before volleying it direct to one of our players for a completed pass ( can be any of our players but it must be a volley or half volley) at some point during the Brentford match. This is an unusual initiation rite and I can’t say I’m not concerned that it might lead to an outbreak of similar such frivolities elsewhere on the pitch later today. Mateus is on for three nutmegs required if he starts for instance. It’s not the football I used to play 

Posted (edited)

Russ indicated at the pre-match press conference that "2 or 3" of those that played well Vs Cardiff were in contention to start versus Brentford. Assume he's talking about 2 or 3 from Archer, Fernandes, Dibling,  Big Les and Amo? Given Archer and Dibling played a full 95 minutes only a few days ago, and Amo perhaps is better suited as an impact sub at the moment , I reckon we could see Fernandes and BL as starters...?

Edited by trousers
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, trousers said:

Russ indicated at the pre-match press conference that "2 or 3" of those that played well Vs Cardiff were in contention to start versus Brentford. Assume he's talking about 2 or 3 from Archer, Fernandes, Dibling,  Big Les and Amo? Given Archer and Dibling played a full 95 minutes only a few days ago, and Amo perhaps is better suited as an impact sub at the moment , I reckon we could see Fernandes and BL as starters...?

Don't see why Archer couldn't play 60-70 minutes here. Had a full pre season and he's clearly a fit lad. Didn't look tired at the end against Cardiff. Coming off the back of scoring two goals, give him a start. Dibling and SAA were both knackered though. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Harry_SFC said:

Don't see why Archer couldn't play 60-70 minutes here. Had a full pre season and he's clearly a fit lad. Didn't look tired at the end against Cardiff. Coming off the back of scoring two goals, give him a start. Dibling and SAA were both knackered though. 

Fair point 👍

I read somewhere that Ramsdale is going straight i, my team -

---------------Hagrid---------------

Suga----THB------Janny B-----KWP

---Big Les---Downes----Fernandes

------AA-----------------BBD-------

---------------Archer----------------

Obviously there will be movement, Suga and KWP pushing forward and being protected by Downes etc.

I want to see us being more positive today, like we were against Cardiff. Non of this U shape nonsense with no threat. 

24 minutes ago, Harry_SFC said:

Bloke scored twice last match. Must start. 

40 minutes ago, Saint_Ash said:

I read somewhere that Ramsdale is going straight i, my team -

---------------Hagrid---------------

Suga----THB------Janny B-----KWP

---Big Les---Downes----Fernandes

------AA-----------------BBD-------

---------------Archer----------------

Obviously there will be movement, Suga and KWP pushing forward and being protected by Downes etc.

I want to see us being more positive today, like we were against Cardiff. Non of this U shape nonsense with no threat. 

Should be this, but the Stephens love in will continue. Either as a back 3 or KWP RB and Stephens LB

Will Ramsdale start today? I suppose it is a little different for a keeper coming straight in. I was just expecting him to start at SMS against Man U for some reason. 

Edited by Dr Who?

Rotten team that for me. 5 at the back again so scared to attack, same issues with our forward line. No idea why we aren't playing Fernandes. Not so positive as I was before I saw the team. Smallbone and Aribo again and Armstrong. Dire. 

Edited by hypochondriac
  • Like 2

Just now, Baird of the land said:

Find the Stephens hate bizarre. It’s not as if he’s even been our worst cb so far this season.

Because since his return, there has been a bizarre insistence in ensuring he plays

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jack said:

Really not sure about that. Unchanged outfield from that absolute dross last weekend. Sure a few on the bench won’t be impressed 

Martin said last week was his fault yet he plays the same team and formation? Just bizarre. 

• Like 3

• Lighthouse changed the title to Brentford 3-1 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic