Brentford 3-1 Saints - Match Thread

trousers

2 minutes ago, Mr X said:

I would be surprised if we had any more than 6 points on the board if that 

I'd rip your arm off for 6 points after 10 games with this lot, I reckon it's going to be worse than that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Winnersaint said:

A few weeks ago randomly on social media I came across a post by someone who suggested that Everton would get more points deducted this season than we would gain.

LOL....scary as it could be true

1 minute ago, Whitey Grandad said:

mDid it? That was in a lower division. This league is unforgiving. Has it occurred to you that we got promoted despite our playing system?

We got promoted due getting into 4th and then winning a mini cup league. Perhaps look back at the match thread from the play off final. You were all drooling over him,

Im not happy but you lot on here!!!!

• Haha 1

Just now, Saint NL said:

Turns out that having a good goalkeeper makes very little difference if you don't have a defence.

Its the insistence on the crazily dangerous style that's doing the damage! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, hypochondriac said:

Isn't it a giant disadvantage to telegraph to everyone how we are going to play before we do it and then do nothing else? 

Been saying this too. Insanity.

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Brentford 3-1 Saints - Match Thread

The thing is.... we have the players.   Add me to those who think Russell has to find a new captain.  I vote Bednarek. He's a fixture for us. A rock. And a fighter.  

Also, alas, Armstrong needs to be taken out.

Then play 4-3-3.   Include Dibbling and Fernandes in every start team.   

We'll start scoring a ton of goals.

• Like 4

Well we can't persist with that 5atb after the break, as we weren't even defensively sound with it.

Ramsdale
Sugawara - THB/Stephens - Bednarek - KWP
Ugochukwu - Downes - Fernandes
Dibling - Archer - BBD

Wouldn't mind if Lallana started as well. Just don't want Smallribo anywhere near the pitch. 

Edited by Saint Matty 76
  • Like 2

3 poor goals to concede. All mistakes. Need to tighten up at the back, change the personnel and system. Russel has shown he can learn, for example his subs were excellent. Although some would argue we should have started like that.

Simply must sort out the defence.

• Like 1

Well that was all a bit shite, eh?

I've ne'er seen so many blunders in one game from one team! Bedders, Stephens, THB!? The lot!

Some decent incisive play when Dibling Lallana, Archer, Fernandes came on... go fucking figure.

I would say I'm intrigued to see what Russ says, but I'm not really. I'm certain he'll say the team played well, and I'm certain he'll pin it on a couple of mistakes being all that cost us. I'm not sure it was as simple as that, though. Brentford found today very easy.

• Like 2