Brentford 3-1 Saints - Match Thread

trousers

Just now, OldNick said:

Yes the tactics of playing around the back is wrong, but to start calling for RM head is pathetic.

Normally I would agree.  But there is not the slightest positive to cling to.  If Inhad him in charge of a squad I had spent a fortune on, he would be gone tonight.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, OldNick said:

Yes the tactics of playing around the back is wrong, but to start calling for RM head is pathetic.

But if he won't change it and we all agree it's wrong what is the solution.

• Like 2

Just now, niceandfriendly said:

Give up? Look at the goals we're conceding you absolute melon.

So  what, I hate playing t the back but it served us well eventually. RM isnt stupid enough to keep playing the same way and ruining his reputation. He will see some sense.

If not then he will need to go but not after 3-5 

• Haha 1

Just now, Wade Garrett said:

Normally I would agree.  But there is not the slightest positive to cling to.  If Inhad him in charge of a squad I had spent a fortune on, he would be gone tonight.

Well, we do still ahve some of the players considered surplus to requirements in his system. We might not in a few weeks.

1 minute ago, Mr X said:

Looking forward to hearing Martin say we conceded two of the three goals from my insistence on playing such a fucking stupid system I won't be employing that style anymore! 😂

I really want to hear what he has to say after this. I normally switch straight off, does Solent broadcast his interview online? 

Just now, Wade Garrett said:

Probably best you don't run the club then, given that half our signings only arrived yesterday and two of them aren't even eligible to play today. I'd call it knee-jerk to sack a manager after ten games but three is next level impatience.

• Like 3

Just now, Saint_clark said:

I really want to hear what he has to say after this. I normally switch straight off, does Solent broadcast his interview online? 

They always used to 

Just now, Lighthouse said:

Probably best you don't run the club then, given that half our signings only arrived yesterday and two of them aren't even eligible to play today. I'd call it knee-jerk to sack a manager after ten games but three is next level impatience.

At this rate we may end up matching Palaces 10 losses in a row at the start of a season record.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lighthouse said:

Do you really think its going to get any better after 10 games? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lighthouse said:

Again, normally I would agree.  But I have no confidence in him whatsoever.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

Our best player is a kid with about an hour on a professional pitch.

Been a walk in the park for Brentford we’ve done all the work for them. These players have forgotten how to attack, walking around doin nothing.

Just now, Lee On Solent Saint said:

Do you really think its going to get any better after 10 games? 

I would be surprised if we had any more than 6 points on the board if that 

It's so easy for the opposition every week. They know what we're going to do, play out from the back. All thyy have to do is push up, put pressure on and wait for the inevitable mistake. No need to be cautious we're never going to knock it long over their heads. 

• Like 4

Just now, BotleySaint said:

Not sure what our defence is doing today. Off the pace, taking risks at the back. Stephens not the only one, but how did he become first choice when he wasn't even first choice last season.

Beard oil, banter and being a "proper lads lad"

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, OldNick said:

How many games do we have to lose playing like this before we're allowed to call for his head? This is not Martins vanity project, this is our club he's messing with. Who dictates the tactics? Where does the buck stop? Martin. 

I think it's pretty obvious to everybody, fans, commentators pundits that with the players we've got Martin's tactics are just not going to cut it in the PL. so what do we do just wait until we're 20 points adrift?

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

At this rate we may end up matching Palaces 10 losses in a row at the start of a season record.

can we score a goal in those 10 games ? 

only three games in but this looks bleak 

brentford won’t have an easier game all season 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OldNick said:

So  what, I hate playing t the back but it served us well eventually. RM isnt stupid enough to keep playing the same way and ruining his reputation. He will see some sense.

If not then he will need to go but not after 3-5 

Did it? That was in a lower division. This league is unforgiving. Has it occurred to you that we got promoted despite our playing system?

• Like 4

Just now, Holmes_and_Watson said:

'tator: "Only once in the PL have Saints opened a season with 3 defeats and without scoiring, back in 2001, when St Mary's opened."

Season improved when we got rid of a lame duck manager and got Strachan in.

• Like 1

Just now, Oldandtired said:

How many games do we have to lose playing like this before we're allowed to call for his head? This is not Martins vanity project, this is our club he's messing with. Who dictates the tactics? Where does the buck stop? Martin. 

I think it's pretty obvious to everybody, fans, commentators pundits that with the players we've got Martin's tactics are just not going to cut it in the PL. so what do we do just wait until we're 20 points adrift?

Snakeoil salesman I'm afraid. Surely he can't keep up the con for much longer.

• Like 2

The defence needs to vary the playing out from the back, the best players need to play not those who did well in the championship and we need to play 4 at the back as that at least let's us attack better.

Ramsdale and Dibbling my positives, lots of work needed during break but I don't think you can coach players to play above their skill set.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Brentford 3-1 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic