Brentford 3-1 Saints - Match Thread

trousers

Just now, OldNick said:

I hate losing but you lot on here are incredible. A bunch of ingrates who throw their dummies out of the pram. Werent doing that in May.

It was obvious we were not a PL team, we finished 4th. 

I know you wont like the truth but to give up after 3 , yes 3 games!!!!!

No-one is giving up. Everyone here thinks we have the players to keep us up, or at least compete to do so. It won't happen with Martin in charge.

• Like 5

Just now, Saint_clark said:

Can't believe there's an international break after 3 sodding games.

Time to reset, look at the 3 games, learn from our mistakes and... keep doing them.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Just now, OldNick said:

I hate losing but you lot on here are incredible. A bunch of ingrates who throw their dummies out of the pram. Werent doing that in May.

Get over yourself 

• Like 2

Could put your house on Mbeumo & Wissa scoring against our shitty defence 

Martin is proving to be right out of his depth - wrong starting line up - very weak defence - nothing in final 3rd - these areas never improve 

Joe Tessem saying our defence is an absolute mess 

• Like 1

Just now, hypochondriac said:

There's going to be real seething hatred for him if we do this every game and he refuses to change. 

He's already said he won't change his style for anyone 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OldNick said:

Lol

1 minute ago, hypochondriac said:

There's going to be real seething hatred for him if we do this every game and he refuses to change. 

Better practice or seethes. He moved things around, after we'd already lost this one. But he will set up up well within his football philosophy.

In his head, that Barcelona job awaits him if he just stays consistent. Even if we finish bottom wioth 0 points. 🙂 

2 minutes ago, OldNick said:

Bollocks.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OldNick said:

Are you watching and hearing what non southampton commentators are saying...... your comments are what are dillusional buddy

• Like 2

Just now, Mr X said:

He's already said he won't change his style for anyone 

He can fuck off then.

I said many times last season that I really doubted his suitability to keep us up if we got promoted. I have to say, it's not looking good.

• Like 1

Bella-Kotchap evwn with a dicky ticker would improve this defence today. Stop playing 3 CBs please Russ pleeeeease! Attack is the best form of defence. Just stick Les in front of the defence and go from there.

Just now, obelisk said:

Dibling seems to be ignoring RM's instructions by looking to get forward and trying to score.

That's what stands out. And it has often stood out with our set up. Our individuals get us results. Not because the system allows them to be in a position to do so, but because they go against the instuctions. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 6ft8saint said:

Are you watching and hearing what non southampton commentators are saying...... your comments are what are dillusional buddy

Yes the tactics of playing around the back is wrong, but to start calling for RM head is pathetic.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, SNSUN said:

Time to reset, look at the 3 games, learn from our mistakes and... keep doing them.

It has to be said that we turned it around last season after getting tonked by Sunderland.

No I'm not feeling that confident but it could happen

1 minute ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

Really looking forward to Martin saying how brave we were and that the eam did everything that was asked of them.

I'm sure scar tissue comment might come out too

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, OttawaSaint said:

Dibling is the only decent thing about this game. He's having a real go.

Putting himself in the shopwindow if he's any sense.

Edited by saintant

6 minutes ago, OldNick said:

Give up? Look at the goals we're conceding you absolute melon.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Dibbling needs to watch himself. I thought the same when he came on against Forest and starting actually running at defenders that he was taking a huge career risk. 

He may 'disappear' now for footballing re-education.

Edited by scumbag
  • Like 2

Looking forward to hearing Martin say we conceded two of the three goals from my insistence on playing such a fucking stupid system I won't be employing that style anymore! 😂

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, OldNick said:

Who said that they are giving up?. On the manager maybe, on the style of play definitely.

• Like 1

Very humbling to be 3-0 at this stage at Brentford. Thought it was a game we could be looking to win. The starting line up had the look of a last chance saloon for certain players though - not all that attacking at all and we all thought it was not the right move  but hoped for the best - and so it transpires. That AA and WS got hooked at HT says it all. 

The second half is looking calamitous. Who did not think this kind of score line might happen? There’s always a positive On the up side it’s 0-3 at farton park. 😁

• Lighthouse changed the title to Brentford 3-1 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic