Brentford 3-1 Saints - Match Thread

trousers

1 minute ago, LeG said:

What happened to playing your way into the side.

Dibbling, Fernandes, Ugochuckwu, Archer should have all started today.

We all know it.

I find no fault with this and agree 💯 

• Like 1

It's frustrating that we are conceding these sloppy goals, but it's not like we're getting battered because of it. We have conceded 3 goals in 3 games. I think with the right players and manager we could play this way, hard to see if we have both based on the team today.

I think that goal was very much on Stephens. Can't be passing it back to a CB that has 2 players on him. I do wonder whether it is so drilled into them by Martin that consequently the players aren't being diligent enough to see if the pass is on.

Fundamentally, I'm going to reserve judgement of Martin in the Premier League for when he has a team of Premier League players playing. I am not in the slightest bit surprised that lineup is losing away to Brentford, whoever the manager was.

I hope to see a 433 with Archer, Cornet, Fernandes, Ugochukwu and possibly Bella-Kotchap in, and with Adarma, Aribo, Stephens, Smallbone and possibly Bednarek out. That is then a team that I could see possibly surviving and will judge him if he is incapable with those players. The team today is just not at the required level. The current scoreline is no surprise.

• Like 2

Just now, Saint Matty 76 said:

How long before we can get Dibling on for Aribo too? A player with attacking talent and a drive to create?

Until he's learnt the art of the cutback he'll sit and watch except for cup games.

Just now, Luke SkyWalker-Peters said:

It's frustrating that we are conceding these sloppy goals, but it's not like we're getting battered because of it

Doesn't matter. If we can't score, then one goal is enough for the opposition to win....

• Like 2

Surprise, surprise. Losing again. 

I don't understand the team choice at all. I've not seen a single comment from anyone who thinks he's got it right today. 

Why would you pick this team again when it hasn't looked good enough.

RM talked about players at Cardiff who had done really well and staked their case only for him not to play them.  

Stephens?

Smallbone?

Aribo?

Armstrong? 

FFS, we've spent a small fortune on players and they're all sat on the bloody bench. 😡

• Like 2

Caught again playing it out.

Stephens is in midfield. I do get the logic, but we now have players in to do that role. So, he's there for "leadership" qualities.

Archer for AA is like-for-like . SO, basically just hoping that he doesn;t mis hit whatever we stumble into providing.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Brentford 3-1 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic