Everton 1-1 (5-6p) Saints - Match Thread

Lighthouse

1 minute ago, trousers said:

I know I'm sounding like a scratched record but I find it bizarre that he's not even getting 15 minutes in a tame game like this... 

Isn't it obvious? It's been less than two weeks since his last appearance.

Oh, here he is now.

Edited by Sheaf Saint
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Farmer Saint said:

Because that's where he has played his WHOLE career. What do you think he should do? 

No it really isn't, and this weird rewriting of history for Diaz is odd of late. 

He's played mainly as a striker with left wing in a 2 or 3 as a back up. 

He started up front with Archer at Sheffield Utd and is listed as a striker on transfer market.  He started up front in a 2, or left wing in a 3 foot Blackburn. He's not played there his WHOLE career.

I'm not sure why there's this belief that he's an out and out winger 

As the OP said, it's odd that a man of his stature doesn't play as the leading 9 because he's physically got those attributes Vs that of a winger 

Edited by Greedyfly
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Greedyfly said:

No it really isn't, and this weird rewriting of history for Diaz is odd of late. 

He started up front with Archer at Sheffield Utd and is listed as a striker on transfer market.  He started up front in a 2, or left wing in a 3 foot Blackburn. He's not played there his WHOLE career.

As the OP said, it's odd that a man of his stature doesn't play as the leading 9 because he's physically got those attributes Vs that of a winger 

Yep.

Screenshot_20240917-212614.png

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Greedyfly said:

I never said he was a winger, I said he's an inside forward. He is not a Centre Forward.

A Centre Forward is a type of striker, the same as an Inside Forward is a type of striker. But one is very different to the other in terms of role and position and an Inside forward involves pulling wide and running into channels. He's never been a proper centre forward. 

Edited by Farmer Saint

1 minute ago, Whitey Grandad said:

And went for the selfish shot instead of picking out colleagues in space.

Don't blame him given how profligate many of his colleagues are in the shooting department... ;)

Edited by trousers
  • Like 3

• Lighthouse changed the title to Everton 1-1 (5-6p) Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic