Everton 1-1 (5-6p) Saints - Match Thread

Lighthouse

3 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Half an hour here seems reasonable. He wouldn’t necessarily have started Saturday either.

That's fine as long as he doesn't play a key player here and then not stary him on Saturday with the reason being that he needs a rest from midweek which is what he did during the last round. 

1 minute ago, Sheaf Saint said:

BBD showing instantly why he is wasted on the wing. Just drives towards the box with very little control of the ball.

Why the fuck does RM persist with it? 

Because that's where he has played his WHOLE career. What do you think he should do? 

4 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Nothing I have ever seen from Diaz has convinced me that he is anything other than a complete carthorse in the prem. 

6 in 14 for one of the worst Prem sides in history suggests he’s got something, however limited that is.  I just don’t understand why he’s not being played front. He’s over 6 foot and clearly not a tricky winger, yet Martin has him hugging the fucking touchline. At the moment Fernandes is playing further forward than BBD, it’s obviously a tactic. Absolutely brain dead.

Edited by The Kraken
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Nothing I have ever seen from Diaz has convinced me that he is anything other than a complete carthorse in the prem. 

Such a nothing signing doesn't offer any more than AA and that's saying something 

Just now, The Kraken said:

6 in 14 for one of the worst Prem sides in history suggests he’s got something, however li used that is.  I just don’t understand why he’s not being played front. He’s over 6 foot and clearly not a tricky winger, yet Martin has him hugging the fucking touchline. At the moment Fernandes is playing further forward than BBD, it’s obviously a tactic. Absolutely brain dead.

Because that's not where he plays, and never has in his whole career. 

Just now, The Kraken said:

6 in 14 for one of the worst Prem sides in history suggests he’s got something, however li used that is.  I just don’t understand why he’s not being played front. He’s over 6 foot and clearly not a tricky winger, yet Martin has him hugging the fucking touchline. At the moment Fernandes is playing further forward than BBD, it’s obviously a tactic. Absolutely brain dead.

Yes for a team that plays in the complete opposite way to us. He's not a strong passer as far as I can see and doesn't suit our style at all. I can't see why we have signed him he looks out of place. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SambaMaverick said:

That 30 seconds of pissing about at the back was just ridiculous

Remember with Ralf we used to get an injury break at 70 mins. With Russ, we get a 2 minute recovery break by passing it around at the back 😂

• Haha 2

Just now, hypochondriac said:

Is it just me who thinks Bree is quite a solid player? Nothing spectacular but he can do a job in the squad. Looks less out of his depth than many of the others. 

Agreed. 

He's done nothing wrong, definitely not a starter but a good squad option.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Farmer Saint said:

Because that's not where he plays, and never has in his whole career. 

Yes he has. He very much has. I’ve posted this before, whoscored.com keeps detailed records on all historical games. When BBD had his monster season for Blackburn he was predominantly through the centre. And he played plenty of games through the centre for Sheffield last season. Completely false to say he’s never played there, utter nonsense.

• Like 2

• Lighthouse changed the title to Everton 1-1 (5-6p) Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic