Everton 1-1 (5-6p) Saints - Match Thread

Lighthouse

Just now, Saint NL said:

I thought THBs penalty was the best of the lot.

Glad they did away with extra time and it went straight to pens

That was a decision to appease Klopp and Guardiola but yeah I think it's actually a good move. 

Be even better if they just booted the European teams out of it altogether to stop their whining for good.

• Like 4

Just now, beatlesaint said:

I don’t know why RM was giving it large in front the away fans, they were there for the taking and we just wandered around doing fuck all the last half hour

Christ, we’ve just won a penalty shoot out away to a PL team, at a ground we hate going to. It wasn’t an all time classic but if you can’t enjoy that result, Saints really aren’t the club for you.

Them being ‘there for the taking’ was largely a result of our game plan being effective and nullifying theirs, that’s not something you can just take for granted. For all the snorting and sneering at our possession stats, when we get it right we go to places like Goodison, silence the crowd and get a result.

• Like 12

Nice to enjoy a rare win up there, did we win on penalties there under Ralph as well?

Some positives there - Bree played well, Stewart minutes and decent penalty, Lallana good cameo, Lesley played well. BBD looked dangerous when he actually got into central positions. Good goal for THB although both defences were ropey overall.

1 minute ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

Hate that shit. Too Klopp like for me. Let the players take the credit. 

The fans were asking him to do it, with the Wibbly hands, for about 30 seconds ‐ if he'd not done it we'd all be saying he's lost touch.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

Hate that shit. Too Klopp like for me. Let the players take the credit. 

Many on here don’t appreciate the joy of winning away. Fans are always buzzing. Slightly naff but spirits are high

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Saint_clark said:

That was a decision to appease Klopp and Guardiola but yeah I think it's actually a good move. 

Be even better if they just booted the European teams out of it altogether to stop their whining for good.

It’d be crap. Who’d care about winning a cup when the best team in it was someone like West Ham or Brighton.

We’re well rid of extra time, especially for midweek games. Who wants a game like that dragging on until 2230, followed by a traffic jam and a four hour drive?

• Like 1