Everton 1-1 (5-6p) Saints - Match Thread

Lighthouse

2 minutes ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

Bree's been doing a lot of good covering and support work.

Good from Dibling.

Bree is much better than he's given credit for. Certainly not a starter in this league, but a very decent squad cover. 

• Like 7

Just now, Farmer Saint said:

I never said he was a winger, I said he's an inside forward. He is not a Centre Forward.

A Centre Forward is a striker, the same as an Inside Forward is a striker. But one is very different to the other and involves pulling wide. He's never been a proper centre forward. 

Pulling wide does not equal getting chalk on your boots from starting every move in your team’s defensive possession from the left wing position. Ans suggesting “he’s never played up front in his whole career” is just factually incorrect and easily proved wrong, so I’m not sure why you’re continuing with that line.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Kraken said:

Pulling wide does not equal getting chalk on your boots from starting every move in your team’s defensive possession from the left wing position. Ans suggesting “he’s never played up front in his whole career” is just factually incorrect and easily proved wrong, so I’m not sure why you’re continuing with that line.

Well he didn't for Blackburn. 

Just now, Holmes_and_Watson said:

Martin: Penalties. So, we get to take a shot. But can we pass it around or at least get a couple of their defenders in front of it?

I'd like to imagine him instructing everyone to do the old Thierry Henry/Robert Pires routine for the shootout 😂

3 minutes ago, Farmer Saint said:

I have in other posts. Take a look. 

I don't care enough to look for them and I believe you and somewhat agree with your assessment of him. He's more of an 'attacker ' than a traditional no 9 but he HAS played there, as a 9, through the middle plenty of times. So, people asking why he's not there now; it's understandable.

Edited by Greedyfly

1 minute ago, Greedyfly said:

I don't care enough to look for them and I believe you and somewhat agree with your assessment of him. He's more of an 'attacker ' than a traditional no 9 but he HAS played there, as a 9, through the middle plenty of times. So, people asking why he's not there now; it's understandable.

Not with any success - he played off a number 9 for Blackburn in his best seasons (Sam Gallagher for a lot of the season actually).

• Lighthouse changed the title to Everton 1-1 (5-6p) Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic