Oasis reunion

Turkish

On 29/08/2024 at 22:18, Turkish said:

Wonder what sort of music he’s into. Frankie goes to Hollywood, right said Fred, ABBA and Boy George I’d imagine 

20 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Got to be Billy Bragg as well. 

So the point is what? If you don’t like Oasis you must be either gay or a “lefty?”

The 70’s called and want their stereotyping bigots back.

3 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

So the point is what? If you don’t like Oasis you must be either gay or a “lefty?”

The 70’s called and want their stereotyping bigots back.

And the thread was going so well until SOG appears with his pious, snap judgement posts making accusations 

You’d know better than anyone what went on the 70s as you spend every day trying to atone for it now 

I'm undecided. Saw them live in their prime like most here, but I have a horrible feeling it'll be full of kids thinking they're hard and probably with a vast majority born around the time they split up in 2009. 

But anyway it's too expensive, so on balance, not for me. 

• Like 1

On 01/09/2024 at 15:14, Patrick Bateman said:

I'm undecided. Saw them live in their prime like most here, but I have a horrible feeling it'll be full of kids thinking they're hard and probably with a vast majority born around the time they split up in 2009. 

Saw them at Earls Court indoor 1995 and Finsbury Park early 00s, replete with Man City fans trying to snort cocaine on a windy day so it went everywhere, and a woman giving a bloke in the crowd (he confirmed they’d never met) a blow job. Oh, and what looked like a 11 year old kid smoking and drinking 

• Haha 1

Seen them 3 times, 2000 Wembley, 2005 Rose Bowl and 2009 Millennium Stadium. All were great gigs but got covered in piss from flying plastic beer glasses at all of them. I'm 51 now and have no desire to re-live those experiences. I watched Noel and the high flying birds at Crystal Palace bowl with my son last summer and it was the best gig I've been to, a polished performance and a really good day, also no piss. My boy was at Reading last weekend and didn't enjoy watching Liam at all because of the NGHFB gig being so good. He said Liam sounded like a cat screaming into the microphone. Good luck to those that got tickets and I hope you enjoy it, I didn't bother even trying.

Edited by smithy
  • Like 1

Parents always loved them, so they were the sound of my childhood.

I Saw them in Philadelphia in 2000 when I was 10, again in 2005 at the Rose Bowl, and again at Wembley in 2009 before they split. 

Seen NGHFB & LG multiple times in recent years including Knebworth a few years ago. Absolutely epic. 

Managed to grab 2 tickets for me and the wife for the Saturday night in Cardiff on Saturday morning before the "dynamic pricing" got involved, and I'm absolutely buzzing.

Feel incredibly lucky to have got tickets, as some of the stories you hear of people getting to the front of the queue and then it kicking them out are crazy.

Enjoy...

On 01/09/2024 at 15:14, Patrick Bateman said:

I dont know about you but my son has got into music the last year or so, he's learning the guitar and loves guitar bands Oasis, Courtneers even the Jam, Beatles, Kinks (good) but also likes rap (bad). He really wanted to go but we're away for the Wembley ones, Manchester is standing only but no way am i taking a what will then be 12 year old kid who's quite small for his age to a standing only gig which will be full of people pissed and sniffed up and probably end up with a lot of scrapping going on. 

Hope everyone enjoys seeing them im sure it'll be a great show and amazing for those who have grown up only being able to listen to it on Spotify. Cant really criticise the younger ones for going when i've seen Paul Weller about a dozen times (although his solo stuff started when i was teen so very relevant to me) The Who, The Rolling Stones and From the Jam myself. 

8 minutes ago, Turkish said:

I dont know about you but my son has got into music the last year or so, he's learning the guitar and loves guitar bands Oasis, Courtneers even the Jam, Beatles, Kinks (good) but also likes rap (bad). He really wanted to go but we're away for the Wembley ones, Manchester is standing only but no way am i taking a what will then be 12 year old kid who's quite small for his age to a standing only gig which will be full of people pissed and sniffed up and probably end up with a lot of scrapping going on. 

Hope everyone enjoys seeing them im sure it'll be a great show and amazing for those who have grown up only being able to listen to it on Spotify. Cant really criticise the younger ones for going when i've seen Paul Weller about a dozen times (although his solo stuff started when i was teen so very relevant to me) The Who, The Rolling Stones and From the Jam myself. 

You make a fair point about us lot watching older bands - but it still irks me seeing 15 year old (mainly girls) in Oasis t-shirts.  I think it was OUR moment in time that 90s period and I'm guessing the generation older than us will no doubt think the same about their bands too. No idea.  But I don't want to relieve those experiences again anyway, certainly not at those prices.

Paul Heaton's "all my concerts are £35" is more my price point ;)

My lad is heavily into dance and hip hop ... loads of his mates listen to Ed Sheran and so on and he comments how boring that all is. He's the DJ on car journeys though - sits there choosing music while I'm driving. Makes me laugh, how times have changed when all my car journeys at his age were Chris Rea and Dire Straits and if I wanted to listen to anything, it was walkman, hoping the batteries hold on and then being moaned at because the crappy little over ear headphones leaked tinny music 😂

Kids today .. hahaha

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Patrick Bateman said:

You make a fair point about us lot watching older bands - but it still irks me seeing 15 year old (mainly girls) in Oasis t-shirts.  I think it was OUR moment in time that 90s period and I'm guessing the generation older than us will no doubt think the same about their bands too. No idea.  But I don't want to relieve those experiences again anyway, certainly not at those prices.

Paul Heaton's "all my concerts are £35" is more my price point ;)

My lad is heavily into dance and hip hop ... loads of his mates listen to Ed Sheran and so on and he comments how boring that all is. He's the DJ on car journeys though - sits there choosing music while I'm driving. Makes me laugh, how times have changed when all my car journeys at his age were Chris Rea and Dire Straits and if I wanted to listen to anything, it was walkman, hoping the batteries hold on and then being moaned at because the crappy little over ear headphones leaked tinny music 😂

Kids today .. hahaha

I forgot that soul destroying feeling when the batteries on your Walkman or in my case imitation Walkman began to fade. You were in denial initially but then had to accept reality.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Have we established yet whether these Oasis gigs are going to feature an actual Oasis line-up?

I've seen Noel, he was cool, wouldn't cross the road to see Liam, and certainly wouldn't suck off Ticketbastard to be part of what is clearly a massive rip-off.

At least the Pistols were honest about it.

From what I have heard so far it will be Noel’s High Flying Birds with Liam singing and perhaps Bonehead in the line up  too.

Did I see that the tickets were now selling for up to 6k on the black market? And we will be talking of OAP’s suffering hypothermia in winter. Crazy.

28 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

From what I have heard so far it will be Noel’s High Flying Birds with Liam singing and perhaps Bonehead in the line up  too.

Did I see that the tickets were now selling for up to 6k on the black market? And we will be talking of OAP’s suffering hypothermia in winter. Crazy.

i expect the person paying £6k for the ticket isn't an OAP who cant afford the heating on.