Aaron Ramsdale

Saint Fan CaM

That shirt looks 3 sizes too big - his usual sizing judging by previous pics. Brilliant signing and so pleased to have broken the story with this thread ahead of the CoT 😉🤣 (repeated line as my original post was deleted for some reason!).

IMG_7697.jpeg

• Like 2

On paper looks a great signing.  He’s got a bit of devil & character in him which is great with a keeper. I’ve no doubt he’ll pinch the odd point here and there which could make a massive difference come the end of the season. Far and away SR’s best signing & probably the first time since Rickie Lambert we’ve signed a stand out oven ready performer in our league . The absolute best keeper available to us, well done to all involved particularly Lego. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Good news. Hope that Saints pushing the boat out for him has not had a detrimental effect on signing attackers. In the end having a decent keeper will not earn you too many points, unlike effective attackers. We will not win games if we don't score goals.

By the way sorry if I don't get it, but who is Hagrid? Is he the Robbie Coltrane character in the Potter movies? Have never read books and only seen one of the films.

2 hours ago, Saint Scott said:

So essentially, Martin agrees macca is shit and planning to have Ramsdale in the team tomorrow despite not having a single training session with the team.

Glad he's finally in agreement with the fanbase

He probably agreed all along but had to make the best of the players he had

8 minutes ago, VectisSaint said:

By the way sorry if I don't get it, but who is Hagrid? Is he the Robbie Coltrane character in the Potter movies? Have never read books and only seen one of the films.

Yep. Ramsdale was in the Saints end for the play-off final, dressed in that fancy dress costume, to support his mate Brooks who was playing for us 

• Like 1

I thought we had a chance, but I assumed it would have been a last min loan deal for the season - but the fact we've managed to get him here on a 4 year deal is a pretty big coup, big outlay on transfer fee and wages and a huge commitment from the owners to push this one over the line.

We haven't had a proper goalkeeper since Forster's initial stint here, this feels like a signing long over due and as long as we remain up then he will be our GK for many years.

I know SR get pelters, but as owners they have backed this club to the hilt ever since they have been here and for that I thank them. They may not always execute their ideas right, but all their intentions are there as this proves. 

• Like 11

Being reported that an unnamed Premier League club (understood to be Nottingham Forest) came in for Ramsdale after seeing Saints agree the deal with Arsenal, but Ramsdale's agent told them he wasn't interested because he'd already spoken to Russell Martin and said he was coming

• Like 12

Can we say thank you to David Brooks as well? This is probably his biggest contribution to us, a little underwhelming during his loan spell, but we'd never see Ramsdale here if it were not for Brooks.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Ex Lion Tamer said:

When you think about how many points Bazunu lost us last season, it brings into focus how much this improves us

He was partly responsible for dropping two against Watford and one at home to Millwall. How many is reasonable for a keeper over the course of a season?

2 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

He was partly responsible for dropping two against Watford and one at home to Millwall. How many is reasonable for a keeper over the course of a season?

I posted the stat yesterday but there's a ranking you get for goals prevented. Bazunu had one of the lowest in the championship at something like -26. Anyone no need to analyse Bazunu to death anymore. He will likely barely play again until he shows incredible development which is great news. 

Edited by hypochondriac
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, hypochondriac said:

I posted the stat yesterday but there's a ranking you get for goals prevented. Bazunu had one of the lowest in the championship at something like -26. Anyone no need to analyse Bazunu to death anymore. He will likely barely play again until he shows incredible development which is great news. 

unfortunatley he'll be back with us next season when we're relegated. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Dman said:

unfortunatley he'll be back with us next season when we're relegated. 

Do you not think it will be obvious to all at the club the difference in standard when Ramsdale & Bazunu are training together April/May/June next year?

Would we not loan out Ramsdale for our year in the Championship, and then get him back once we return: RM spoke today about how our signings have been long term - clearly with one eye on having a solid team in the Championship if the worst happens.

Edited by Patches O Houlihan

17 hours ago, Saint Scott said:

How are they not related? Arsenal won't sanction Ramsdale leaving without a replacement already in the building

Looks like they did sanction him leaving before the replacement was in the building.

There is no announcement on any Arsenal channel of a replacement goalkeeper. 

This is the best signing in years, giving us real hope of survival and if we do survive, a platform to build on to get back to the middle ground of the premier league. It’s difficult to understand how we were the best option for him, it’s not often our signings fit that category. Future England number one? Hats off to the recruitment folks, this is huge. I’m genuinely absolutely buzzing about this.

I think i read a stat once that suggested as a general rule, you almost always survive if you concede less than 60 goals a season. Ramsdale gives us the best chance of doing that. You cannot underestimate how important a top goalkeeper is, especially in a relegation battle.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Saint Fan CaM said:

That shirt looks 3 sizes too big - his usual sizing judging by previous pics. Brilliant signing and so pleased to have broken the story with this thread ahead of the CoT 😉🤣 (repeated line as my original post was deleted for some reason!).

IMG_7697.jpeg

Probably to accommodate his massive tits.

• Haha 3

46 minutes ago, goodymatt said:

It’s difficult to understand how we were the best option for him, it’s not often our signings fit that category.  .

Simples, he'll get more action behind our defence so more chance to get noticed, more chance of his save's being highlighted, so more chance of an England recall. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, East Kent Saint said:

How will he be rated on here after his first howler I wonder ?

He will make mistakes but he will save us plenty of points over the course of this season. That’s the difference. Bazunu passing it about well but underperforming his expected saves the most in the league 2 seasons running. This isn’t just an upgrade, he’s on another planet to our other keepers.

• Like 1