Aaron Ramsdale

Saint Fan CaM

🍒 Neto medical at Arsenal this morning. Although has moved at speed in the public domain, behind scenes part of master plan with Kepa signing, as per below about carrying two GKs on big money #afcb #afc Kris Temple

Edited by Give it to Ron
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, trousers said:

Will Arsenal give the nod to sign / announce Ramsdale whilst there is still a hope they can get Garcia though? I suspect the official signing / announcement will go down to the wire if Arsenal keep trying for Garcia all day...

Screenshot_20240830-063942~2.png

This was the point I was trying to make yesterday.

Ramsdale is coming to us. If Arsenal fail to get Garcia the back up is not that Ramsdale doesn’t go. The back up is Arsenal get another keeper.

Ramsdales announcement for us is not directly related to what Arsenal are doing.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

This was the point I was trying to make yesterday.

Ramsdale is coming to us. If Arsenal fail to get Garcia the back up is not that Ramsdale doesn’t go. The back up is Arsenal get another keeper.

Ramsdales announcement for us is not directly related to what Arsenal are doing.

What's the scenario if Arsenal fail to sign back up today - I'm assuming that's a possibility? Do they still let Ramsdale leave if they don't have a decent back up keeper?

19 minutes ago, saintant said:

What's the scenario if Arsenal fail to sign back up today - I'm assuming that's a possibility? Do they still let Ramsdale leave if they don't have a decent back up keeper?

Doubt it, seems neto is basically done though so don't think we'll have to worry about that

4 minutes ago, Ken Tone said:

It would be good to see the official announcement before noon nonetheless,  so he can play on Saturday --- and there ain't much time left. Wonder if he's been around our training this morning? 

Given RM's comments in his press conference its fair to say he probably is at Staplewood waiting for the green light.

Edited by beatlesaint

Interesting comments from RM on McCarthy in this morning's press conference:

'On Aaron Ramsdale and Alex McCarthy: "I think it will be massive, I some of the guys will be surprised that he is coming but I think it is big. I think it will give everyone a lift. There is one guy who won't be happy about it which is Alex [McCarthy] and Alex has been amazing for us, if he hadn't have come into the team and did what he did we wouldn't have been promoted.

"Without Alex we are not in the Premier League. I will be forever grateful to Alex. he has been great this season, people will talk about the mistake at Newcastle but he was brilliant on Saturday. It will be a big call if we get Aaron on time for tomorrow's game, so I feel for Alex. While I am really happy Aaron is coming in and excited about the group we have, I really feel for Alex. It is a really tough part of football. Someone is always going to be upset and unhappy. I have no doubt Alex will be a brilliant teammate.

"If Aaron comes in the building, he knows we have someone we really trust breathing down his neck."'

Although that reinforces many people's view on whether we would have got promoted had Bazunu not been injured, it is pretty much the first time RM has ever publicly implied any criticism of Bazunu.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CamSaint said:

Although that reinforces many people's view on whether we would have got promoted had Bazunu not been injured, it is pretty much the first time RM has ever publicly implied any criticism of Bazunu.

That's not what he was saying. McCarthy came into the team because Bazunu, the first choice, was injured. What he's saying is without someone like McCarthy being able to step into his place, we'd have struggled to go up. Probably more criticism at Lumley than anyone, but I didn't read it as critisism at all.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 6

18 minutes ago, CamSaint said:

'On Aaron Ramsdale and Alex McCarthy: "I think it will be massive, I some of the guys will be surprised that he is coming but I think it is big. I think it will give everyone a lift. There is one guy who won't be happy about it which is Alex [McCarthy] and Alex has been amazing for us, if he hadn't have come into the team and did what he did we wouldn't have been promoted.

"Without Alex we are not in the Premier League. I will be forever grateful to Alex. he has been great this season, people will talk about the mistake at Newcastle but he was brilliant on Saturday. It will be a big call if we get Aaron on time for tomorrow's game, so I feel for Alex. While I am really happy Aaron is coming in and excited about the group we have, I really feel for Alex. It is a really tough part of football. Someone is always going to be upset and unhappy. I have no doubt Alex will be a brilliant teammate.

"If Aaron comes in the building, he knows we have someone we really trust breathing down his neck."'

So essentially, Martin agrees macca is shit and planning to have Ramsdale in the team tomorrow despite not having a single training session with the team.

Glad he's finally in agreement with the fanbase

30 minutes ago, Saint Scott said:

So essentially, Martin agrees macca is shit and planning to have Ramsdale in the team tomorrow despite not having a single training session with the team.

Glad he's finally in agreement with the fanbase

some of the fanbase, hypocrites who were delighted how he stiffened our defence at a most crucial time of last season. He played well and gave the defence confidence, as he commanded the penalty area. He has made one error this season that did cost us, apart from that he had make plenty of crucial saves. Aribo hasn't had the pelters for his mistake that led to a goal, or THB poor show against Forest etc etc. Once fans have their perverted dislike it is tough to change their views

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Patches O Houlihan said:

Having a goalkeeper who can actually make saves is going to be a refreshing change for us, it feels like it's been an issue for so many years.

I was always confused when Arsenal side-lined him after that season, he was excellent for them. Has the move to Raya given them that extra %? No, not at all.  Very odd way to treat him.

Our gain though. We're defo. fortunate to be getting someone of his level, it's ridiculous in fact.

• Like 4

• Lighthouse changed the title to Aaron Ramsdale - Official: Signs 4 Year Contract
3 minutes ago, Wade Garrett said:

How the fuck have we signed Ramsdale!  Fantastic effort by the club all round.

This. So much this.

A loan would've been something of a coup; a permanent deal is a simply magnificent achievement.

Hats off to SR and the transfer guys.

• Like 4

Just now, Suhari said:

This. So much this.

A loan would've been something of a coup; a permanent deal is a simply magnificent achievement.

Hats off to SR and the transfer guys.

Yes, seems an excellent signing. Credit where it's due.

• Like 1

Ramsdale: "I’m delighted. The way the manager was when I spoke to him. I’d never met the manager before but he made me feel about eight feet tall."

Edited by CSA96
  • Like 5

Reporting on Talksport that he's on £100k a week and easily our highest earner. Makes sense.

Still no idea how we landed with an England international player that can join a champs league club.

• Like 1

Best signing we've made in years in terms of the here and now. Sounds like from the press conference earlier that Martin wants him to go straight into the side against Brentford tomorrow too.

Some of our more successful signings in recent years have been the ones from the top clubs who can't quite get game time there - Bertrand, Ings and Romeu were all a very high standard. I don't doubt Ramsdale will be the same having been Arsenal's number one just a year ago. Also won player of the year awards at both Bournemouth and Sheffield United and was named in the PFA in 2022-23.

There was a thread on here earlier in the summer asking what was the last transfer that excited you. It's this one. Up the Saints.

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, CSA96 said:

Ramsdale: "I’m delighted. The way the manager was when I spoke to him. I’d never met the manager before but he made me feel about eight feet tall."

Maybe he was calling him Hagrid the whole time. 

• Haha 5

Very happy with this one, getting a bit of quality into the building is what we need if we're going to stay up.  Still need someone to get the goals though.  Welcome Aaron, great to have you here. 

• Like 1