Aaron Ramsdale

Saint Fan CaM

13 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Bet he's announced tonight. 

I reckon tonight as well, tomorrow will be busy enough I hope. I'm going for 10pm, probably some stupid significance with Harry Potter and Hagrid.

28 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

And my point is that those two things are not directly related in the way you are making out.

How are they not related? Arsenal won't sanction Ramsdale leaving without a replacement already in the building

• Like 1

The part I can’t wait to see is how Ramsdale’s arrival impacts Martin’s tactical approach and even his starting formation. Ramsdale has some unique distribution skills that almost turn Martin’s missing Plan B into more of a Plan A. At the very least it adds a solid Plan B. 

A good hour or so back on 5 live, the sports announcer matter of factory said he was here. I thought it was already all done. Nearly though.

A little thought for Lumley. For a brief moment when Baz got injured, he was first choice. After all, he was the sub 'keeper. Only to lose out to McCarthy. Who then re-signed. Now further down the pecking order with Ramsdale. Only contracted until the end of this season.

45 minutes ago, Saint Scott said:

How are they not related? Arsenal won't sanction Ramsdale leaving without a replacement already in the building

You can choose to follow the widespread reports from today/yesterday of a fee and deal being agreed and the widespread reports of the medical happening at our training ground today or you can obsess about things Arteta said three weeks ago.

Take your pick.

On this planet, though, Arsenal have "sanctioned Ramsdale leaving".

18 minutes ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

A good hour or so back on 5 live, the sports announcer matter of factory said he was here. I thought it was already all done. Nearly though.

A little thought for Lumley. For a brief moment when Baz got injured, he was first choice. After all, he was the sub 'keeper. Only to lose out to McCarthy. Who then re-signed. Now further down the pecking order with Ramsdale. Only contracted until the end of this season.

He was only ever signed as third choice though, not entirely sure why he took up the spot on the bench most of the season. Seems as if we'd have always called on McCarthy if needed.

Those third choice keeper spots are proper cushy numbers. Scott Carson and Stuart Taylor have made an absolute fortune out of it.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

You can choose to follow the widespread reports from today/yesterday of a fee and deal being agreed and the widespread reports of the medical happening at our training ground today or you can obsess about things Arteta said three weeks ago.

Take your pick.

On this planet, though, Arsenal have "sanctioned Ramsdale leaving".

I don't disagree with you. 

But, if Garcia falls through they still have an option to pull the plug on Ramsdale if the deal isn't completed despite the medical being passed and the agreement in place

Either way, I can't see it not happening and hopefully it turns out to be a brilliant bit of business from the club

37 minutes ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

‘Matter of factory’ - love it 😂

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, miserableoldgit said:

Well...we've just missed the 9.45 pm

Probably because it was 21:45

Even without being pedantic 9:45pm is a crap time to announce quite a newsworthy signing as the presses are rolling, despite these days of social media old habits remain in PR

Oh dear, seems the Arsenal move for Garcia has hit an impasse. Must put an element of doubt in our deal for Ramsdale and would be why it's not been announced yet. Arsenal reported to be in for Neto but if that doesn't fly it's potential bad news for us as presumably they'll be forced to keep Ramsdale.

1 minute ago, saintant said:

Oh dear, seems the Arsenal move for Garcia has hit an impasse. Must put an element of doubt in our deal for Ramsdale and would be why it's not been announced yet. Arsenal reported to be in for Neto but if that doesn't fly it's potential bad news for us as presumably they'll be forced to keep Ramsdale.

Surely Arsenal would've spoken to Espanyol previously to get an idea if they'd budge on the release clause for Garcia? They agreed personal terms with the player weeks ago! Terrible from Arsenal and it could f*ck us up as well.

9 minutes ago, Appy said:

Oh good, everyone has got to the overthinking stage because the club haven’t announced it soon enough for them. Just be patient 

Not entirely it's more of a case that Arsenal's deal for Garcia seems to have fallen through. I'd be ok with no announcement if that little snippet hadn't just cropped up.

Strangely, Arsenal only have two keepers listed on their OS, on their wiki page, and registered on the official PL site. They recently loaned out Karl Hein on a season long loan so if Ram Man gets announced with us tonight the Arse will be down (temporarily) to one keeper in the first team squad, and looks like they’d need to maybe bring in two by end of tomorrow.

So, let's get this right.... Arsenal want to sell Ramsdale for a somewhat knocked down fee (under £19m) to avoid triggering Bournemouth's sell-on clause... The very same Bournemouth that Arsenal are now trying to convince to loan them Neto... Bournemouth seem to be holding all the aces here and have the power to effectively scupper the Ramsdale sale...? (Assuming Arsenal don't have a 'Plan C' if both Garcia and Neto fall through...)

I despise transfer windows!

Edited by trousers

9 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

Strangely, Arsenal only have two keepers listed on their OS, on their wiki page, and registered on the official PL site. They recently loaned out Karl Hein on a season long loan so if Ram Man gets announced with us tonight the Arse will be down (temporarily) to one keeper in the first team squad, and looks like they’d need to maybe bring in two by end of tomorrow.

They did sign Tommy Setford from Ajax too, so they have him, Raya and currently Ramsdale. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, trousers said:

So, let's get this right.... Arsenal want to sell Ramsdale for a somewhat knocked down fee (under £19m) to avoid triggering Bournemouth's sell-on clause... The very same Bournemouth that Arsenal are now trying to convince to loan them Neto... Bournemouth seem to be holding all the aces here and have the power to effectively scupper the Ramsdale sale...? (Assuming Arsenal don't have a 'Plan C' if both Garcia and Neto fall through...)

I despise transfer windows!

I thought exactly the same.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Appy said:

They did sign Tommy Setford from Ajax too, so they have him, Raya and currently Ramsdale. 

Setford is an 18 year old with no senior appearances. They won't settle with him as no. 2. Perhaps we can offer them McCarthy.

Edited by Disco Stu
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Appy said:

Keylor Navas is available on a free - great back up.

11 minutes ago, Patches O Houlihan said:

So we'd have Lumley as our only available option if Ramsdale got crocked... 

I'd rather that than playing the season with McCarthy as first choice and Lumley as backup. Lumley will be number 2 if this deal doesn't happen anyway.

Edited by Disco Stu
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

1 hour ago, maysie said:

‘Matter of factory’ - love it 😂

1 hour ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

Who knows the mystery of a device's autocarrot function?

The bloke who invented "auto correct" and "predictive text" actually died last week. His funeral is next Monkey.

• Haha 7

23 minutes ago, Saint Keef said:

The bloke who invented "auto correct" and "predictive text" actually died last week. His funeral is next Monkey.

I believe it’s the same bloke who invented dirty innuendo. His widow is taking it very hard.

• Haha 5

Ornstein / The Athletic: Arsenal reach agreement with Bournemouth to sign Neto on loan, medical on Friday morning - which will allow Ramsdale to complete permanent move to Southampton 

Edited by CSA96
  • Like 1

Will Arsenal give the nod to sign / announce Ramsdale whilst there is still a hope they can get Garcia though? I suspect the official signing / announcement will go down to the wire if Arsenal keep trying for Garcia all day...

Screenshot_20240830-063942~2.png

It does sound like Arsenal want Garcia, probably just each waiting for the others knees to buckle so likely go til late in the day. I don’t think Ramsdale would have gone straight in tomorrow anyway whether signed/registered in time or not.

Couple of weeks on the training field and then baptism of fire at home to Man U.