Aaron Ramsdale

Saint Fan CaM

1 hour ago, CSA96 said:

spacer.png

Like the look of that little winger he's bringing with him, let's hope he can cast his spell over some full-backs this season.......................I'll get my coat!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, trousers said:

So, how long do we give for the announcement before getting that all too familiar sinking feeling...? ;)

Don't worry. The delay is just because our doctor's guide dog needed a walk first. 😉

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

The club are fiddling while Rome burns as usual.

We're going to be caught with egg on our face and our pants down YET AGAIN

That's so close to his normal posting style it's difficult to tell...

12 hours ago, pingpong said:

Surprised if it's a permanent deal, how is he going to react when he loses his place to baz in January?

IF.... Baz is fit / good/ enough to replace Ramsdale In January we would really have something to celebrate, personally 

I'll be glad when GB is fit enough to play in a match ..even for the U21's let alone play in the Prem. 

2 hours ago, Turkish said:

I got 10.25am in the first "this is taking a long time, have we missed out on him" post sweepstake 

1 hour ago, trousers said:

This is taking a long time, have we missed out on him?

Season 6 Win GIF by Paramount+

• Haha 1

Got to be honest, I woke up this morning thinking that I'd had some kind of weird dream where we'd won 5-3 the night before (including a thunderbastard from James Bree), watched a midfield maestro play for us, had Adam Lallana come on at 60mins) and were about to sign the no.2 England keeper.

• Haha 5

37 minutes ago, david in sweden said:

IF.... Baz is fit / good/ enough to replace Ramsdale In January we would really have something to celebrate, personally 

I'll be glad when GB is fit enough to play in a match ..even for the U21's let alone play in the Prem. 

There is no way that Baz is going to dislodge Ramsdale as number one. 

• Like 6

43 minutes ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

There is no way that Baz is going to dislodge Ramsdale as number one. 

Not any time soon I wouldn’t have thought!  Will be good to take him out of the firing line for a bit he clearly has potential but do few goalkeepers are ready at his age!

17 minutes ago, trousers said:

Looks that way. Getting well fed up with these failed attempts to sign a keeper. SR out!

Maybe he’s failed a medical? Explains why he was available so cheaply 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Saint Scott said:

Think confirmation will come tomorrow.

Arsenal won't finalise anything until Garcia signs from Espanyol to replace him

Maybe it’ll be another one of those signings we never announce?? 🤔🤔

2 minutes ago, CSA96 said:

Aaron Ramsdale not included in Lee Carsley's first England squad, so will be free to train at Staplewood for the next two weeks

Has Carsley just picked players that are playing?

Good news for us.

It will be interesting to see if he makes the next squad.

Just now, Chez said:

Has Carsley just picked players that are playing?

Good news for us.

It will be interesting to see if he makes the next squad.

Yeah, he's gone with Pickford, Pope and Henderson as his three GKs. Fair enough really, all the #1 for their clubs

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CSA96 said:

Aaron Ramsdale not included in Lee Carsley's first England squad, so will be free to train at Staplewood for the next two weeks

Kinhell. Didn’t take long for the Southampton effect to cut off his International career! 

• Haha 7

Just now, Saint Billy said:

My cousin who is an Arsenal season ticket holder says he is a bit of a character on and off the field.

With results probably not going our way every week, we are going to need some positivity around the training ground to keep people going.

1 minute ago, CSA96 said:

Yeah, he's gone with Pickford, Pope and Henderson as his three GKs. Fair enough really, all the #1 for their clubs

He'll have to earn the place back with us rather than live off past performances and any big club `boost' you might get. 

2 hours ago, david in sweden said:

Are you having a laugh. GB is number 2 at best with ramsdale in the team some fans are delusional 

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, 6ft8saint said:

Are you having a laugh. GB is number 2 at best with ramsdale in the team some fans are delusional 

I think he was implying that if by some miracle GB is both for and good enough to dislodged Ramsdale in January then that would be a massive bonus as GB would have undergone a significant improvement while out injured!  At least that’s what I hope he was saying!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Maybe he’s failed a medical? Explains why he was available so cheaply 

i would assume someone with your access to inside information would have heard by now. although you were well behind on Archer so not a surprise. I guess your contact will come up with the information for you around 8am on saturday. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Saint Scott said:

Think confirmation will come tomorrow.

Arsenal won't finalise anything until Garcia signs from Espanyol to replace him

Wasn't it reported recently that the formalities with Garcia have been done and dusted in advance, so it's just a case of signing on the dotted line now? As such, one would like to think that things can move quite rapidly now...

31 minutes ago, a1ex2001 said:

I think he was implying that if by some miracle GB is both for and good enough to dislodged Ramsdale in January then that would be a massive bonus as GB would have undergone a significant improvement while out injured!  At least that’s what I hope he was saying!

It could also mean Ramsdale was a complete flop, injured or that Russell Martin lost the plot. Bazunu won't be displacing Ramsdale any time soon based only on his ability.

Personally, I don't see Bazunu realising his potential here. When was the last time we signed a young goalkeeper with promise and they developed enough to become our number 1? It didn't happen with Bialkowski, Gazzaniga or Gunn. Gazzaniga had some more middle steps where he played a backup role and got some minutes at Spurs (thanks to a Lloris injury) and Fulham but ultimately failed to be a true number 1 until he joined Girona at the age of 30. Bialkowski and Gunn didn't reach their early promise and became decent Championship goalkeepers.

Bazunu needs multiple seasons on loan before he MIGHT be ready for Premier League football. He'll go the same way as the others.

Edited by Disco Stu

12 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

If it happens, before the end of the window 😂

In other news. Ryan Fraser will be released from Newcastle before the close of the window.

Ryan Fraser? Thank you for last season but this is a new era, so sorry but not this time.

• Like 1

Looking forward to his first mislaid pass that results in an opposition goal so I can boo the living piss out of him! 😁🤪

But seriously this is an excellent signing - he's maybe not the sort of Goalkeeper Martin wanted (like Steele or Bijlow, keepers that are super comfortable with the ball at their feet) but he's an excellent shot stopper and takes command of his area and is still young. Maybe this means Martin will take a more pragmatic approach to tippy tappying it around at the back. This is a keeper that should arguably be England's number one. It is an excellent signing in a season where not long ago we thought that McCarthy would be our number one until Baz got back.

• Like 6