Jermaine Jenas sacked

Sarnia Cherie

On 22/08/2024 at 18:26, Saint NL said:

Instantly sacked and dropped by his agent. He must have done something pretty bad.

Oh well, a spot is open on MOTD so step forward Mr Le Tissier...

As much as I idolized MLT throughout his career I have not got a clue what his conspiracy therories - or whatever created all the fuzz about him (that I chose to hear (very little) about - are about......,  as I chose to never look into it.
Is it all connected to the somewhat controversial Covid / Corona pandemic and the vaccines, or what? 

Or are we on "9/11 was an inside job" level here?
Please, just tell me shortly.

On 22/08/2024 at 18:26, Saint NL said:

Instantly sacked and dropped by his agent. He must have done something pretty bad.

Oh well, a spot is open on MOTD so step forward Mr Le Tissier...

I think J. Jenas did a kind of a moderated "John Arne Riise"

= contacting women for dating purposes on sms.
Except:

1. John Arne wasn't married (and not a married father) , I don't think, and
2. Riise didn't really know the women he contacted, who were primarily publicly known younger women as far as I remember. For example  a woman from the female national handball team in Norway. So incredibly stupid.

Edited by Kristian Loekkegaard

32 minutes ago, Give it to Ron said:

Except she is Jess Glyn the singer’s girlfriend 

3 minutes ago, Give it to Ron said:

What does the "except" bit mean?

You seem to have a significant problem with two adults in a consensual relationship. Why?

31 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

What does the "except" bit mean?

You seem to have a significant problem with two adults in a consensual relationship. Why?

How the fuck do you work that out? 
the point you clearly miss is that Jenas isn’t or wouldn’t be texting Alex James .

i have no issue or problem with who a person wants to have a relationship based on sex, race, religion or faith

Edited by Give it to Ron

15 minutes ago, Give it to Ron said:

How the fuck do you work that out? 
the point you clearly miss is that Jenas isn’t or wouldn’t be texting Alex James .

i have no issue or problem with who a person wants to have a relationship based on sex, race, religion or faith

What the fuck are you talking about?

You responded to a post saying "Alex Scott is a shoe-in" to replace Lineker with an "except..." and weird link to a Daily Mail story about Alex Scott having a night out. It comes across that you have a problem with her becoming permanent host of Match of the Day.

Edited by CB Fry

1 minute ago, CB Fry said:

What the fuck are you talking about?

You responded to a post saying "Alex Scott is a shoe-in" to replace Lineker with an "except..." and weird link to a Daily Mail story about Alex Jones having a night out. It comes across that you have a problem with her becoming permanent host of Match of the Day.

have no problem with her at all being on what she wants or does what she wants she is a very good pundit - I hope that answers your “You seem to have a significant problem with two adults in a consensual relationship. Why?” which has nothing to do with MOTD.

1 minute ago, Give it to Ron said:

have no problem with her at all being on what she wants or does what she wants she is a very good pundit - I hope that answers your “You seem to have a significant problem with two adults in a consensual relationship. Why?” which has nothing to do with MOTD.

The two posts from AlexLaw and SaintNewForest that you replied to were 100% about Match of the Day and you posted up some weird Daily Mail shite in response.

I'm glad you've clarified that you do support her continuing employment in television.

You keep reading the Daily Mail mate 👍 👍👍👍👍

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, SaintNewForest said:

Ticks multiple boxes:

Woman.

Mixed race.

LGBT.

Win-win for all. 

I do wish everything wasn't a tick box exercise. Whoever will be the next presenter of Match of the Day let them get that position by being the best person for that job. Ignore their gender, colour, sexual preferences, religion etc. just to satisfy the woke brigade. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Sarnia Cherie said:

I do wish everything wasn't a tick box exercise. Whoever will be the next presenter of Match of the Day let them get that position by being the best person for that job. Ignore their gender, colour, sexual preferences, religion etc. just to satisfy the woke brigade. 

It isn’t a tick box exercise. The powers behind the BBC want to actively promote diversity. 

51 minutes ago, Sarnia Cherie said:

But whoever gets it will divide opinion. Some people think that Gary Lineker is very good at the job, some people think he is average and some rubbish. You can guarantee that his replacement will also divide opinion no matter who the person is and how the decision is reached.

On the plus side at least we have been spared the very bland Jermaine Jenas.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

But whoever gets it will divide opinion. Some people think that Gary Lineker is very good at the job, some people think he is average and some rubbish. You can guarantee that his replacement will also divide opinion no matter who the person is and how the decision is reached.

On the plus side at least we have been spared the very bland Jermaine Jenas.

I think that Lineker is a bit of a bellend in his personal life but as the main presenter on MOTD he is very good. I hope whoever they choose will be similarly good and then their personality, race, sex etc will be irrelevant. 

I’m sure whoever they pick will have a decent, proven skill set when it comes to presenting. I am also sure whoever replaces Lineker will divide opinion irrespective of their personality, race, sex etc.

1 minute ago, whelk said:

Have I missed something ? Is Lineker giving up MOTD?

It was mentioned a while ago and towards the end of last season Lineker made some very pointed comments about his successor when Jenas was on MOTD. He has been the front runner for a while. I'm not sure when Gary Lineker eventually goes but there have been odds on his replacement in the news since Jenas's sacking.

7 hours ago, Sarnia Cherie said:

How idealistic of you. I trust that if alex Scott gets the job you will be amongst the first celebrating her success, and not calling it a woke appointment? 

Because nowadays, a black woman can't get a lead part in film, tv series, or presenting job without the antiwoke brigade throwing a baby tantrum.

The whole intent behind woke is to give the best person the job, it just seems to be very upsetting for some people when it turns out to be someone who isn't a white heterosexual man.

2 hours ago, pingpong said:

How idealistic of you. I trust that if alex Scott gets the job you will be amongst the first celebrating her success, and not calling it a woke appointment? 

Because nowadays, a black woman can't get a lead part in film, tv series, or presenting job without the antiwoke brigade throwing a baby tantrum.

The whole intent behind woke is to give the best person the job, it just seems to be very upsetting for some people when it turns out to be someone who isn't a white heterosexual man.

That hasn't gone too well recently.

2 hours ago, pingpong said:

That's a lie. Woke DEI hiring means giving preferential treatment to minorities regardless of if they are the best person for the job. That's why it's equity rather than equality. 

Edited by hypochondriac

5 hours ago, pingpong said:

Which kind of proves the whole fallacy of doing it in the first place. It just breeds resentment that people are hired for reasons other than being the best candidate for the job. Worse than that when a minority does get a job on genuine merit, people fail to distinguish it from a box ticking appointment, so you end up doing more harm than good.

On 22/08/2024 at 18:23, Anthony said:

I remember him on MOTD, the season after we sold Højbjerg.

Think we were playing something like our 3rd game of the season, and Jenas gave his insight into our game.

Said something along the lines of "I thought Højbjerg were really great for Southampton today".

Obviously hadn't paid any interest into our game, and just thought Højbjerg usually has quite good stats.

I lost any respect that I had for him that day, and just thought if I made such a lazy mistake in my employment, than I would expect to lose my job.

His one role is to watch games of football, and then give some insights into said games of football.

Great stuff. Right up there with Troy Deeney contrasting Ipswich’s consecutive promotions with ours and how Ipswich’s was more impressive because we had players like Wanyama in our side when we did it.