Jermaine Jenas sacked

Sarnia Cherie

17 minutes ago, Sarnia Cherie said:

Jermaine Jenas sacked from both Match of the Day and The One Show for inappropriate behaviour. I won't miss him too much. Not my favourite pundit.

Nor mine but I did think he was at least articulate - as footballers go. 

I've raised my bemusement before how someone seemingly so average in his sporting career can then end up presenting a completely unrelated prime time show.

Made literally no sense and couldn't believe how bad he was the few times I could be bothered to watch.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Saint NL said:

Instantly sacked and dropped by his agent. He must have done something pretty bad.

Oh well, a spot is open on MOTD so step forward Mr Le Tissier...

Theo Walcott actually - starts on September 15.

Edited by VectisSaint

“It is understood the former footballer’s contract was terminated earlier this week, because of alleged issues relating to workplace behaviour. It followed allegations involving digital communications such as texts, which were raised with the corporation a few weeks ago, the BBC said”

Independent

I remember him on MOTD, the season after we sold Højbjerg.

Think we were playing something like our 3rd game of the season, and Jenas gave his insight into our game.

Said something along the lines of "I thought Højbjerg were really great for Southampton today".

Obviously hadn't paid any interest into our game, and just thought Højbjerg usually has quite good stats.

I lost any respect that I had for him that day, and just thought if I made such a lazy mistake in my employment, than I would expect to lose my job.

His one role is to watch games of football, and then give some insights into said games of football.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, SW5 SAINT said:

Surprising, he seemed like the Beebs new golden boy….!

Yep. I thought he was nailed on to replace The Boy Lineacre.

Reddit/Twitter is suggesting his sacking may relate to one of his recent Tiltoks.*

*Down with the kids and the social mejia, me. Check out my MySpace.

1 minute ago, egg said:

He wasn't sacked for that - you don't get sacked for coming across as a bit of a dick.

He was apparently sacked for sending unsolicited messages to women he worked with.

2 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

At least someone like micah Richards has a personality and makes himself stand out. Jenas is just bland but speaks OK without some gangster accent. 

Micah richards is canned laughter with glasses - little more

• Like 4

Just now, lhammondo said:

Micah richards is canned laughter with glasses - little more

I quite like him. He's a pretty average pundit with a above average personality. Much better pundit than someone like Owen, jenas or sturridge. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

I quite like him. He's a pretty average pundit with a above average personality. Much better pundit than someone like Owen, jenas or sturridge. 

I think he works as part of a group. On CBS alongside the lovely Kate Abdo, Carragher, and Henry he's brilliant. I could  never see him as a front man though. 

5 minutes ago, egg said:

I think he works as part of a group. On CBS alongside the lovely Kate Abdo, Carragher, and Henry he's brilliant. I could  never see him as a front man though. 

Agreed he's more of an ensemble character. Amusingly I've always viewed jenas as quite clean cut - presumably the bbc thought so too but as is proven time and time again public personas can be deceiving. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Agreed he's more of an ensemble character. Amusingly I've always viewed jenas as quite clean cut - presumably the bbc thought so too but as is proven time and time again public personas can be deceiving. 

He's a bit like Ian Wright for me, a big personality. He's definitely improving though.

As for Jenas, his brief comment that he's not happy/two sides to a story/engaging his lawyers, suggests that there's more to come. 

Like you o thought he was proper boring  so I'm looking forward to the leaks to see what he's done. 

1 hour ago, egg said:

He's a bit like Ian Wright for me, a big personality. He's definitely improving though.

As for Jenas, his brief comment that he's not happy/two sides to a story/engaging his lawyers, suggests that there's more to come. 

Like you o thought he was proper boring  so I'm looking forward to the leaks to see what he's done. 

Ian Wright is wonderful, a national treasure. Shearer is very good. Richards is hugely affable and IMO he continuely improves as a pundit, which shows he cares.  Big difference from the rentagobs like O'Hara, Bent etc.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, 6ft8saint said:

Obviously talksport don't care as he co hosted tonight's drive home. With jermaine pennant 

The same TalkSport that employs Keys & Gray? Absolutely no standards there so Jenas will fit in just fine. Wouldn’t surprise me if they employed Adam Johnson….

7 hours ago, samcrocker said:

The same TalkSport that employs Keys & Gray? Absolutely no standards there so Jenas will fit in just fine. Wouldn’t surprise me if they employed Adam Johnson….

I believe they had Rodney Marsh a one time too.

11 hours ago, 6ft8saint said:

Obviously talksport don't care as he co hosted tonight's drive home. With jermaine pennant 

According to BBC News at 10 last night, TalkSport were unaware of his sacking until their show had started. They have announced that he will no longer be on TalkSport for the present time. 

8 hours ago, samcrocker said:

Still higher standards than the BBC

14 hours ago, Saint NL said:

He was apparently sacked for sending unsolicited messages to women he worked with.

What a tool. Never understand this type of thing.

My mates 17 year old daughter regularly gets sent dick pics by boys in her school - seems to be a thing.

2 hours ago, The Kraken said:

His missus has got a couple of good things about her.

https://www.instagram.com/elliejenas/?hl=en-gb

I think it's great that people of all shapes, sizes and differences are confident to have photos of their lives online. It should be normal, not brave for someone to do this. Here, a woman with three tits is posing for...oh wait, one of them is Jermaine. As you were... 🙂

• Haha 3

The runners and riders to take over from Gary Lineker are listed in the Mirror as Mark Chapman, Gabby Logan and Alex Scott with Rio Ferdinand and Micah Richards also possible. If that's the choices then it would have to be Mark Chapman for me. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sarnia Cherie said:

The runners and riders to take over from Gary Lineker are listed in the Mirror as Mark Chapman, Gabby Logan and Alex Scott with Rio Ferdinand and Micah Richards also possible. If that's the choices then it would have to be Mark Chapman for me. 

Oh god that's appaling. 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Sarnia Cherie said:

Alex Scott is a shoe-in

7 minutes ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

I rarely watch it, but my favourite was when everyone was missing over Lineker's posts. It was less hassle to fast forward past everything he, and the co-hosts said.

I know that's the cool thing to say, but not, it wasn't. It was utterly wank when they did that.

MoTD really isn't that bad. You only have to compare it to the coverage of the EFL or foreign coverage of the PL (or TNT Sports) to know that.

• Like 3

Just now, Stripey McStripe Shirt said:

I know that's the cool thing to say, but not, it wasn't. It was utterly wank when they did that.

MoTD really isn't that bad. You only have to compare it to the coverage of the EFL or foreign coverage of the PL (or TNT Sports) to know that.

It's just personal preference. I quite liked the Eurosport coverage, where it was a single commentator. I tune into games moments before kick off, get half time tea, and turn off at full time. On the rare MotD watches, I'll tune in half way, go back to the start and just move through the match action bits. It really was easier for me when they weren't there.

They all get paid quite a bit. I'd guess they at least looked to see if it was partly the people on it, rather than just the highlights. Completely fine if people like that, and find their comments add to the programme.

On 22/08/2024 at 16:43, egg said:

You think? I think it's cringe the way they act like teenagers egging each other on with the pretty host 🤷‍♂️

On 22/08/2024 at 20:30, Saint NL said:

Apparently he sent messages to two women who ‘work on the show’ saying that Spurs were going to win the league. There are some sick people out there.

• Haha 6