Local Live Band Recommendations for Birthday Party

Saint Garrett

Hi,

Does anyone have any recommendations for any live bands in the Hampshire area?  I am trying to organise a 40th Birthday party and I'm after a live band, (ideally a motown/funk/soul kind of vibe)

Budget is probably up to £1500 but ideally around the £1200 mark if possible.  They either seem to be mega money (£2500+) or shit, but that might just be the going rate these days...I may have to re-think if it's going to be that pricey.

Most recommendations welcome...

Thanks

2 hours ago, harvey said:

RJs SoulCoaster are very good....but Dorset based unfortunately.

Saw them last Friday in The King Charles. There’s no way on earth Mick the landlord pays anything more than about £400, so they may travel for the money mentioned in OP. 

I know a couple of Ringwood based bands, Loose Chippings, I believe do parties. Rhematics are the best, but hardcore punks so not really Motown 😂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Saint Garrett said:

Hi,

Does anyone have any recommendations for any live bands in the Hampshire area?  I am trying to organise a 40th Birthday party and I'm after a live band, (ideally a motown/funk/soul kind of vibe)

Budget is probably up to £1500 but ideally around the £1200 mark if possible.  They either seem to be mega money (£2500+) or shit, but that might just be the going rate these days...I may have to re-think if it's going to be that pricey.

Thanks

Atomic Badger are good. Played at our wedding many years ago but still active going by social media. They were very good on the night and when we watched them play originally. and quite versatile

https://www.heroeswaterlooville.co.uk/whats-on/atomic-badger

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Saw them last Friday in The King Charles. There’s no way on earth Mick the landlord pays anything more than about £400, so they may travel for the money mentioned in OP. 

I know a couple of Ringwood based bands, Loose Chippings, I believe do parties. Rhematics are the best, but hardcore punks so not really Motown 😂

Yep, The King Charles.....seen some cracking bands in there! 👍

4 hours ago, Saint Garrett said:

Hi,

Thanks

We've used We are Robot. Brilliant covers band, wide repertoire and will tailor to what you want, but probably not the music you're after. https://www.instagram.com/wearerobot_band?igsh=amdyMWxuY2s0NHN6

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CuKr1faoh3S/?igsh=ZW85ZnN6dnkwZWhm

Would be within your preferred budget. 

Edited by egg
  • Like 1