Saints 0-1 Forest - Match Thread

Lighthouse

Just now, obelisk said:

Forest should be well out of sight by now. Still just 0-1 but Saints don't look a threat at all.

We're going to get one big chance, not sure there's anyone in a saints shirt I'd fancy to score it though

Just now, Saint NL said:

We're going to get one big chance, not sure there's anyone in a saints shirt I'd fancy to score it though

We have to hope Archer is the striker we all wish for...

2 minutes ago, Winnersaint said:

It is worrying but not irredeemable, but he's going to have to get new players bedded in PDQ

RM is also going to have to learn to be more pragmatic and less dogmatic in his approach.

• Like 4

Just now, vectraman said:

We need tall Paul in the middle. Good crosses no one to get in the end of them ☹️

Always said he should be our plan B but Russ wants us to play this scintillating possession football.

Just now, Ralph Fastenbüttl said:

As comical as the collective bedwetting on here is, I do concede that I'd love to see how we'd get on:

a) Without Smallbone in midfield
b) Without Jack at CB or wedged uncomfortably into FB
c) With Edozie far, far away from the stadium where he can do no harm

Seems you just soiled your bed but it's apparently ok for you.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, saint lard said:

Yet another relegation in my lifetime beckons. Bugger. 
since ‘75 it had is ups and downs. But it’s shite now. 

Its shite today. It wasn't shite on 26th May was it? Remember to change the bed before you go to sleep.

• Haha 1

I do think we will improve as the season goes on and we find our feet and our new signings bed in - I also think that survival may be possible because of other crap teams. But this home loss against an iffy Forest side does already hurt a bit.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, tdmickey3 said:

We have not been unlucky again,  take the rose tints off,we only start playing when we are losing,  typical Martin fare

Exactly, we wasted 80 minutes of the game playing Russ ball before even showing any intent due to being one down.

• Like 4

Just now, Saint NL said:

How did we end up with Dibling and Fernandes over that freekick? Two youngsters stepping up, where are the senior players? Real lack of leadership on the pitch today

Eh? I want our best dead ball players over dead balls. Who did you want, Bednarek, Stephens? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Doctoroncall said:

Not worse, he’s just used to the Championship and hasn’t been able to kick on. 

He was crap there. He's never been able to play with his head up and/or do anything useful with the ball. He's not good enough, but, the best wide option RM can use. 

• Like 1

Just now, Saint NL said:

6 mins injury time and at least 1.5 mins taken up by fake injuries and subs

Does it matter? We'd do exactly the same if we were lucky enough to pick a side that might manage to get a goal in front.

• Like 1

I have believed for ages tha Smallbone and Aribo in midfield in this league and we are doomed.

They are not mobile enough and don’t offer enough quality in an attacking sense.

We look toothless up top with Diaz and Armstrong so not sure how we change this going forward.

• Like 1

Just now, SNSUN said:

I do think we will improve as the season goes on and we find our feet and our new signings bed in - I also think that survival may be possible because of other crap teams. But this home loss against an iffy Forest side does already hurt a bit.

I agree. Massive learning curve for all especially RM.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 0-1 Forest - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic