Saints 0-1 Forest - Match Thread

Lighthouse

Should have made those changes around 60 minutes as we were losing our way. Not great tactics there. Still need to be creating more and lacking the cutting edge. Hopefully it will come! 

Martin is clueless. Goes ultra defensive, refuses to change it up until we're behind. Constantly plays his favourites, Stephens, Smallbone and Armstrong, the latter of which are not good enough for the premier league. Relegation beckons without a decent attacking midfielder (Alcaraz) and striker. 

• Like 2

Stream has gone. I'm going to say definitively, that's probably a good thing. I can't see us getting back into this unless someone scores a worldy or a penalty.

Edited by SNSUN

Just now, Edmonton Saint said:

Be nice if Tall Paul was on the bench to throw on in this kind of situation, sometimes I feel like Martin would rather lose playing his way then mixing it up a bit 

Nah, we are too much of a footballing side to hoof it high into the mixer 🙂

4 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

We are looking every inch relegation favourites at present.

I'm not sure what was expected. basically a Championship team in our current guise bar KWP. Even THB, Bedders, Flynn Downes marginal Premier League players at best. AA we know about and history may well repeat itself there.  My expectations were not high, but as others say no-one gets relegated 2 games in. 

• Like 1

Last week was a bit unlucky. Today has just been rubbish. This team is simply not going to score enough goals or provide enough threat to hurt anyone in this league. Forest are one of the weakest teams, but have been 100 times better in every department. Worrying. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Edmonton Saint said:

Be nice if Tall Paul was on the bench to throw on in this kind of situation, sometimes I feel like Martin would rather lose playing his way then mixing it up a bit 

What is the most important thing to Martin is to win possession percentage 

• Like 1

Just now, IronCitySaint said:

Last week was a bit unlucky. Today has just been rubbish. This team is simply not going to score enough goals or provide enough threat to hurt anyone in this league. Forest are one of the weakest teams, but have been 100 times better in every department. Worrying. 

It is worrying but not irredeemable, but he's going to have to get new players bedded in PDQ

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 0-1 Forest - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic