Non-Saints Games - 24/25

Lighthouse

What’s this fucking obsession about opening game stats? I give as much as a fuck about how many Vardy has scored on the first day as I do the seventh or thirteenth. All weekend commentators been banging on

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, CSA96 said:

So... Leicester start with a point against Tottenham despite their fan base being by far the most restless :lol:

Was glancing at the match thread on their forum during the first half, they really don't like most of their team or their new manager. Vardy doing Vardy things though and that's a pretty good point. Spuds lost their way in the second half but even more so after the Bentancur injury.

NGL Watching that game I'd be pretty confident we could beat Tottenham at home as long as we get our ball playing keeper (Steele?). They'll press high but if we could handle the Newcastle Press when they had 11 players we can beat Tottenham's press. From there we get our forwards running in behind on Romero's side as he's quite a bit slower than Van De Ven and we'll have plenty of clear cut chances to put away.

Edited by V.Johnathan.Wilson

Leicester got lucky, Spurs were incredibly wasteful,  could have been out of sight if they took their chances. 

By the end was a relief that Leicester only got a point and not all three. 

The most Spursy of all spursy games. Son seems to have lost his way. Gray when he came on looked out of his depth but the other 18 year old is going to be some player ( I know he got caught on the ball but) Solanke was as I had expected, nearly there. Vardy is a horrid player but he still is in the right place. Spurs should have scored 4 at least.

Bournemouth just got denied a last minute winner for the ball hitting the top of the shoulder rather than the arm.

Newcastle’s Joelinton then clotheslined the Bournemouth keeper off the ball to stop a counter attack and only got a yellow.

Then a Bournemouth coaching staff member got sent off for protesting the decision.

VAR is wonderful 

I was incensed just watching it.

• Like 6

20 hours ago, CB Fry said:

There's a manager in League One on three wins out of three and yet to concede a goal.

I have a substantial bet on Charlton to be promoted. He's no mug, sound bet imo.

I'm not sure we ever had a chance to judge his actual football management. We were so busy watching him self destruct, we never really got that far.

He should have stayed at Luton. Too soon to move to Saints and dreadful environment for him. Plus he came across a bit mental which didn't help.

Edited by macca155
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Bournemouth just got denied a last minute winner for the ball hitting the top of the shoulder rather than the arm.

Newcastle’s Joelinton then clotheslined the Bournemouth keeper off the ball to stop a counter attack and only got a yellow.

Then a Bournemouth coaching staff member got sent off for protesting the decision.

VAR is wonderful 

Bonkers view minutes

10 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

That has to be a red card.Arm around the throat 

the ball for the disallowed goal came off the upper part of the arm, the point of the shoulder if anything. Above the armpit anyway.

VAR is rubbish.

I can sort of see how it was disallowed but no way would have been if  a Toon player at St James

But how the fuck that wasn't a red card is anyone's guess

• Like 1

RM would no doubt have been disappointed with the way Liverpool broke away from defence at pace, had a shot and scored without once looking to hold the ball up and find a back pass.

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Fuck me, the Liverpool love is a strong  as ever. I thought it might dim when Klopp left, but sky still wetting themselves like adolescent chicks. 

Tator in indulgent tone: Alex Arnold is coming off to be replaced at right back. That's if you could call him only a right back.

🤮

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

VAR is wonderful 

There’s nothing wrong with VAR. Like any system, it’s only as good as the idiot using it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lighthouse said:

There’s nothing wrong with VAR. Like any system, it’s only as good as the idiot using it.

I disagree. It is fundamentally incapable of giving a clear view. That disallowed goal could just as easily have come off the shoulder of the defender. The TV pictures just aren’t clear enough.

16 hours ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

Tator in indulgent tone: Alex Arnold is coming off to be replaced at right back. That's if you could call him only a right back.

🤮

What did it for me was when their ex player got some applause when coming on for Fulham. “You wouldn’t expect anything else from these fans”, the fact that it happens at every single ground nearly every time an ex player returns seemed beyond him. I think Michael Owen might think differently as well. Fucking sickening & I quite like Scousers. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

What did it for me was when their ex player got some applause when coming on for Fulham. “You wouldn’t expect anything else from these fans”, the fact that it happens at every single ground nearly every time an ex player returns seemed beyond him. I think Michael Owen might think differently as well. Fucking sickening & I quite like Scousers. 

These scousers are not so “amazing”

https://www.facebook.com/share/r/3dRLtfFuWMLUoYxF/?mibextid=UalRPS

• Haha 1

Just now, Stripey McStripe Shirt said:

Shame that's not televised (is it?). Nice little local derby that doesn't get played very often...

It must be televised somewhere, as there are quite a few streams on soccerstreams100.io 

I’m watching Crewe (now local team) v Liverpool u21 in the EFL Trophy on Sky Sports + and even that has commentary good quality picture.

I’ve watched a few sports+ broadcasts now and they have been good and so much choice of EFL matches and this is being broadcast with every match being played in the US Open Tennis as well.

10 minutes ago, Give it to Ron said:

Matt O'Riley carried off by two members of the #BHAFC medical team 8 minutes into his debut after a poor tackle from Crawley captain Jay Williams. Fabian Hurzeler fuming.

Little sympathy, no excuse for not wearing shinpads.

Bragg did OK defensively as a sweeping CDM, filling pockets of defensive space and making a few tackles. He played a lovely one-two and burst into the box before having his cross cleared for a corner, just before half-time. 

Promising.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stripey McStripe Shirt said:

But as Sky's main game. Think they've selected Birmingham v Fulham...🫤

Think most games are streamed by Sky in the cup but guessing may be no commentary if anything like last season.

They are but I don’t know how to find them.

https://www.efl.com/news/2024/august/26/how-to-watch-every-game-in-round-two-of-the-carabao-cup/

1 minute ago, Sheaf Saint said:

If anyone wants any further proof of how pointless possession stats are, Stoke are currently 5-0 up away at Boro, with only 35% possession.

That’s because they keep scoring and giving the ball back to the opposition.

25 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

If anyone wants any further proof of how pointless possession stats are, Stoke are currently 5-0 up away at Boro, with only 35% possession.

if you want further proof then Chelsea shouldn’t have beaten Wolves on Sunday.

“Yes, that’s right, according to The xG Philosophy, Wolves created 2.11 xG compared to Chelsea’s 1.65.”

https://www.birminghamworld.uk/sport/football/wolves/astonishing-stat-wolves-2-6-chelsea-thrashing-premier-league-expected-goals-4756255

21 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

The Rooney effect still going strong I see. Plymouth losing again. Haven't won a game this season yet, 4 in.

They beat my local team in the first round (sorry to be MLG) and since the opening day horror show they’ve drawn at home to Hull and again at in-form QPR with 10 men most of the game and tonight’s opponents are top of the league. So getting better but Rooney needs that first league win now.

That new Champions League format looks absolutely wank.

I thought fixture congestion was a thing for the poor loves. They've ramped up the number of matches a fair bit.

Edited by Suhari