Non-Saints Games - 24/25

Lighthouse

Hmm.. Don’t think either team look particularly impressive. It’s been a pretty physical game though.

going to take a few games before we really understand our level I think.

• Like 1

Just now, East Kent Saint said:

Ipswich have been overwhelmed after starting resistance,  was Ed there ?

Left at half time, has a concert in Serbia later or something. Or maybe he couldn’t handle the nerves!

6 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Better player than Wood or Edwards imo. 

Wood? Maybe. Edwards? Absolutely not. Trust me, as someone who's followed him a fair bit in the last few years (purely because he was great on FM) the boy has the potential to go to the top. We will not have him more than 2 years.

Just now, Matthew Le God said:

Ronnie Edwards will go further in his career than Greaves and £15m wasn't required to get him.

You Can Trust Me Bill Murray GIF by MOODMAN

Time will tell. Edwards has never been tested above league one, Greaves has excelled at Championship level and just made a strong start in the Prem. 

28 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Time will tell. Edwards has never been tested above league one, Greaves has excelled at Championship level and just made a strong start in the Prem. 

Yes, he has. He was a regular for Peterborough in the Championship in 2021/22.

First learning curve. Against 10 men for over an hour, and a ref trying to even it up through second half. Fine margins every game. If this board fucks up on recruiting a finished article keeper again they need shooting. 

1 minute ago, danjosaint said:

Same old epl var shit then, penalty given, var show matty cash got a touch and diverted the ball, var official in studio says' he did get the ball but not sure he intended to' wtf

All looked a bit clumsy on both players part and a bit soft.

2 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

Everton giving us all a reason to be cheerful.

It's worse for them... with Young sent off today they most likely have to play Mason Holgate next weekend! (Unless they sign someone)

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

At least once, yes, he was snapped in the clinic for one of them.

And he’s still got a bald spot.

That's what I was thinking!

36 minutes ago, Fabrice29 said:

Che Adams been on for 5 minutes and already putting on a master class against AC Milan. Nutmegged someone on the way to Torino going 2 up.

Only to throw a 2 nil lead in the last minute 2-2, with the equaliser coming in the 95th minute. He is more used to that! 

Edited by Dr Who?
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

Everton giving us all a reason to be cheerful.

They were truly awful from what I saw. 

That miss from Dwight McNeill early on was worse than anything our attack served up yesterday.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gio1saints said:

https://x.com/ballsdotie?s=21&t=l5Q4mkKSxz5qdVtggXqogw

The Luton Goalkeeper automatically enters Saints Hall of Fame. Buy him a point anywhere in Southampton for rest of his life. Excellent goalkeeping! 😂😇https://x.com/ballsdotie/status/1824801688227651811?s=46&t=l5Q4mkKSxz5qdVtggXqogw

I love the fact that he’s already on a yellow, commits an act of Pompicide against two players and has the audacity to have a go at the ref.

• Like 2

Annoying that Brentford won as I thought they were largely pretty poor.

They have such a basic way of playing and such little quality in the first two thirds but a low risk style and very direct to basically allow the front three to put pressure on the opposition defence which they are good at.

They will definitely be bottom third of the league and our game there will be a decent barometer of where we are - after their lucky win today we really need to get at least a point of them.

4 minutes ago, danjosaint said:

I agree but if they can keep Toney then along with his goals Mbembo and Wissa also chip in so should score a few and grind out results

He’s all but gone from what was going round today, left out of the squad in advance of a move away. Rumours he may go to Saudi ffs.

Wasn't a foul, which ref admitted too, wasn't aware when Eze took free kick and should've let play go on for another 2/3 secs and let var decide like they do with offsides, that's not me that's directives the pro's and refs are talking about 

4 hours ago, danjosaint said:

Wasn't a foul, which ref admitted too, wasn't aware when Eze took free kick and should've let play go on for another 2/3 secs and let var decide like they do with offsides, that's not me that's directives the pro's and refs are talking about 

Thanks. This never used to be a problem in the ’good old days’.