Office Hours

sadoldgit

13 mins in today, managed to nip off to the filing room to get on my phone and check on here. On the second coffee break slot today at 10.15 only an hour to go, lunch 12-1 on the rota which makes it for a very long afternoon until 5. Few strategic trips to the toilet and on tea duty at 3 so that'll break things up.

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Turkish said:

13 mins in today, managed to nip off to the filing room to get on my phone and check on here. On the second coffee break slot today at 10.15 only an hour to go, lunch 12-1 on the rota which makes it for a very long afternoon until 5. Few strategic trips to the toilet and on tea duty at 3 so that'll break things up.

I am just crouched under the counter at the fried chicken shop. Boss is outside so hopefully I won’t get caught and lose any of my stars for lazy behaviour 

• Haha 1

I'm going to pretend that the smog was a bit thicker than it actually is, when I get back from this coal delivery. That's bought me a couple of mins to write this, before giving it to a passing urchin who will take it to SaintsWeb Towers. It's great working for modern companies. So much better than the old days.

3 hours ago, Turkish said:

and that's lunch time Hungry Lunch GIF by Your Happy Workplace

2 hours ago, skintsaint said:

Two hour lunch down the boozer.

2 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Those were the fucking days. 

Just got back from a 3 hour lunchtime session at my local.... The joys of "working from home'.... ;)

Edited by trousers

9 minutes ago, Turkish said:

just nipped out to make tea, managed to pick up some rich teas from Pound shop. Looking forward to them.

Massive wank in the disabled loos now farting and pretending someone else is responsible in the communal work space. 

Drove to Leyland to collect the ashes of our dog from the pet crematorium, then drove back to do the shopping. Just finished putting the shopping away so taking a coffee break.

What is this 'work' thing you are all talking about?

Edited by badgerx16

55 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Drove to Leyland to collect the ashes of our dog from the pet crematorium, then drove back to do the shopping. Just finished putting the shopping away so taking a coffee break.

What is this 'work' thing you are all talking about?

Sorry to hear about your dog. 😒

• Like 1

On 30/07/2024 at 13:37, sadoldgit said:

I know that you aren’t the sharpest knife in the draw Weston, but it isn’t a stretch to work out that most jobs operate between roughly 9 and 6 and most people work a 5 day week.

If you see posts from them pretty much every day, through the day, there is a very good chance that they are using social media during working hours.

If, as you suggest, they might be working nights, when do they sleep if they are posting consistently through the day?

When you say it is possible to work and use social media at the same time, you are making my point for me (bless you). I don’t know about your job, if you ever had one, but where I worked people were expected to work during their hours of employment, not spend their time trolling on social media platforms. 

I know that you trip over yourself trying to trip up others, but you really need to engage your brain first. You just end up making yourself look silly.

It actually is given companies were moving away from a flat 9-5 in the office world 20 years ago

The last company I worked for that enforced 9-5 or similar on everyone was 12 years ago. A 5 day week - 8 years ago. A lot of companies don't even enforce rigid hours now, get the job done and they really couldn't care less how long you spend on social media.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, inspectorfrost said:

It actually is given companies were moving away from a flat 9-5 in the office world 20 years ago

The last company I worked for that enforced 9-5 or similar on everyone was 12 years ago. A 5 day week - 8 years ago. A lot of companies don't even enforce rigid hours now, get the job done and they really couldn't care less how long you spend on social media.

Somebody who tosses it off on social media all day won’t be getting ‘the job done’ however you/they kid themselves. Many roles won’t have a defined output of completing the job

• Like 1

2 hours ago, whelk said:

Somebody who tosses it off on social media all day won’t be getting ‘the job done’ however you/they kid themselves. Many roles won’t have a defined output of completing the job

Many people work for themselves so can toss off as much as they want. 

35 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Many people work for themselves so can toss off as much as they want. 

What’s your point? Lazy workers exist. I know Saintsweb is solely filled with the truly driven entrepreneurial types.

3 minutes ago, whelk said:

What’s your point? Lazy workers exist. I know Saintsweb is solely filled with the truly driven entrepreneurial types.

Didn't really have a point. Just felt like posting any old shit whilst watching the telly. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Turkish said:

Anyone else buzzing for their coffee break tomorrow morning?

We are progressive. We looked at research on Monday morning moods so now we all just go down the helterskelter all morning. Then its table tennis and ice creams then we we all punch our cards out and fuck off home.

• 3 weeks later...