Paris Olympics

Picard

31 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

I guess the commentators are not interested in the story or progress of others than Biles

Apparently, Biles reached a height of 12 foot during her floor routine yesterday.

Why isn't she doing the high jump - nailed on for another gold!

1 hour ago, hypochondriac said:

What a shame that someone uses their moment of triumph to try to divide along racial lines. It's such a peculiarly American thing. I don't think you'd see the same from a British athlete. 

20240802_135742.jpg

Is she possibly taking a swipe at Trump for his comments at the NABJ conference ?

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, trousers said:

Yay! And another gold in the show jumping :)

Equestrianism, cycling, rowing; 3 sports where the UK tends to do well - all where the competitor is sat down.

1 hour ago, badgerx16 said:

Equestrianism, cycling, rowing; 3 sports where the UK tends to do well - all where the competitor is sat down.

Ha. They ought to make posting drivel on internet football forums an Olympic sport... a few gold medalist candidates on here..... (myself included ;) )

Edited by trousers
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Refugees, by their very nature, tend not to have any passport do they?

Obviously, but I found it interesting that she lives in Bolton. No biggie.

26 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Beth Shreiver, reigning champion in the BMX race, won all 3 races in the heats, all 3 legs of the semi finals, and was nowhere in the final.

Got stuck behind people. For a race that short and so dependent on luck, you think you'd do best of three or something. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

Got stuck behind people. For a race that short and so dependent on luck, you think you'd do best of three or something. 

I found it odd that the rounds are all held across multiple races yet the final is a one off.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

Beth Shreiver, reigning champion in the BMX race, won all 3 races in the heats, all 3 legs of the semi finals, and was nowhere in the final.

10 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

Aye, it's an odd format. A bit like playing a game of football, being 3 nil up after 90 minutes then having a penalty shootout to decide who wins the game. (Better analogies are probably available!)

11 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

But didnt the Aussie lady who won the gold win all her previous races?

1 hour ago, badgerx16 said:

Hopefully. First up the women's team sprinters set a new World Record in qualifying.

Then Garmany, followed by New Zealand, and then GB all set new WRs in their knock out heats.

Dutch men's team qualify as fastest, beating the GB team by half a second - which equates to 9 metres on the track.

5 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

Laura’s a national gem but fuck me, her voice doesn’t half grate.

Apologise immediately. You can not criticise Laura. And her voice is part of her charm for me

1 minute ago, The Kraken said:

I regret nothing 😤

You couldn’t even get her name right ffs 🤣 

What is the problem, she is married to Jason Trott, isn't she ?

Edited by badgerx16